Gun bans - Don't think it can happen, watch - Page 18
Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 192

Thread: Gun bans - Don't think it can happen, watch

  1. #171
    Does the mayor of Tronto have any brains? Maybe he is just another uninformed or misinformed Mayor.

  2.   
  3. I think it is a political thing. One goes with the flow. What you believe that the people want (well, not the people, the voters and campaign contributors). Shame really. Fortunately for a city of several millions of people we have a very low murder and violent crime rate comparatively at this point. It will change though - it always does.

  4. #173
    Quote Originally Posted by torontogunguy View Post
    I think it is a political thing. One goes with the flow. What you believe that the people want (well, not the people, the voters and campaign contributors). Shame really. Fortunately for a city of several millions of people we have a very low murder and violent crime rate comparatively at this point. It will change though - it always does.
    YouTube - Gun Control in Canada

    "The people never give up their liberties, but under some delusion." - Edmund Burke

  5. #174

    Call To Action

    “Assault Weapons” Ban Introduced in Maryland! Wednesday, February 03, 2010
    Please Contact Your State Senator!

    On Wednesday, February 3, State Senator Michael Lenett (D-19) introduced Senate Bill 516, a bill that would designate certain firearms as "assault weapons" and would prohibit the possession, transfer or receiving of these so called “assault weapons” by law-abiding Maryland residents. The bill has been assigned to the Senate Judicial Proceedings Committee.

    With no coherent reason to ban semi-automatic firearms among honest, law-abiding residents in Maryland, SB 516 is nothing more than posturing by an extreme anti-gun politician looking to take away our Second Amendment rights.

    Please contact your State Senator TODAY and respectfully request that he or she oppose Senate Bill 516! For contact information please click here.

    NRA-ILA :: ?Assault Weapons? Ban Introduced in Maryland!

    YouTube- Call to Action. Maryland Assault Weapons Ban of 2010

    "The people never give up their liberties, but under some delusion." - Edmund Burke

  6. #175

    Keep The "CHANGE" I Support The Unabridged Second Amendment!




    Obama You Can Keep the "Change" -
    Activate All Gun Owners NOW!
    Obama You Can Keep the "Change" I Support the Second Amendment.

    Alert: Extreme Left Wing Anti-Gun Liberals are on the march. It is time to Activate All Gun Owners to stop the anti-gun movement lead by Barak Hussein Obama.

    Obama lied when he said "I'm not going to take your guns away" and "Lawful gun owners have nothing to fear...I think people can take me at my word." Yet Obama's agenda has a national gun owner registration scheme to authorize the government to ban firearm possession for any person by merely adding that person's name to the terror watch list.

    Get Your Sticker - Fill Out The Survey. Forward To 5 Supporters of the Second Amendment NOW Tell Obama to Keep the "Change"
    Select Here NOW I urgently need you to fill out the EMERGENCY GUN RIGHTS SURVEY and Get Your Sticker.

    CCRKBA Is Fighting Obama The Greatest Threat To Gun Ownership.

    Law-abiding gun owners cannot believe Obama and must take action to stop his agenda or risk becoming criminals if they own sport-utility rifles, semiautomatic shotguns, handguns and any other firearm that Obama and his anti-gun attorney general don't like. Just look at some of what is already happening.
    • Obama directed Attorney General Holder to aggressively detail the Obama anti-gun agenda in Holder's public statements before the Senate Judiciary Committee
    • Obama Supports a UN Treaty to invalidate the Second Amendment and put the UN in charge of US gun control
    • Obama wants Holder to enact a national, permanent gun registration system.
    • Obama wants Holder to enact a new federal authority to prohibit any person on the federal watch list (reported to be 400,000 names) from buying guns and supports confiscating guns from those on the list who possess them.
    • Barack Obama and Attorney General Eric Holder are renewing the push for the Senate to ratify CIFTA, an international treaty that would create a national registry of American gun owners and make that registry available to other signatory countries. As an added bonus, American citizens in the database accused of wrongdoing in other countries would be eligible for extradition.

    The latest Rasmussen poll shows waning support for stricter gun laws.

    Among Americans polled, 75% said the Constitution guaranteed the right to own a gun. The percentage of "yes" answers was higher among Republicans (92%) and lower among Democrats (64%). Among others, 71% answered yes. And, 57% of those polled cited fear of increased government restrictions as the reason for a spike in gun sales.

    Americans like you who understand what our Founding Fathers envisioned for our nation...and who are willing to fight to defend our Constitution and for what it stands.

    So please, help the Citizens Committee and me defeat those who wish to gut and trash the United States Constitution.

    Get Your Sticker - Fill Out The Survey. Forward To 5 Supporters of the Second Amendment NOW Tell Obama to Keep the "Change"
    Select Here NOW I urgently need you to fill out the EMERGENCY GUN RIGHTS SURVEY and Get Your Sticker.

    For our projects to be successful, we must count on the voluntary financial support from individuals like you who care.

    Your contribution of $20 or $25 is urgently needed today.

    Your donation for just $10 will help so much. If you can afford to send $50 or $100 or more it would truly be a godsend.

    Remember, protecting our freedom is not inexpensive.

    But then, it's impossible to put a price tag on freedom.

    SELECT HERE to DONATE NOW. The rights you save may be your own!

    Together, we can preserve the Constitutional rights our Founding Fathers intended our people to have forever.

    For more information about CCRKBA go to http://www.ccrkba.org/

    Thank you. I know I can count on you.

    Sincerely,

    Alan Gottlieb
    Chairman
    Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms

    If you prefer to donate by check, please mail to:

    The Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
    12500 NE Tenth Place
    Dept Code 3643
    Bellevue, Washington 98005

    "The people never give up their liberties, but under some delusion." - Edmund Burke

  7. #176

    First ObamaCare, Now This, Look Out... Its Coming...

    Court Dismisses "Heller II" Case: D.C. Gun Registration,
    "Assault Weapon" Ban, and "Large" Magazine Ban Upheld


    Friday, March 26, 2010

    Today, District Judge Ricardo M. Urbina, of the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia, dismissed Heller v. District of Columbia, NRA's case challenging D.C.'s prohibitive firearm registration requirements, and its bans on "assault weapons" and "large capacity ammunition feeding devices." Mr. Heller was, of course, lead plaintiff in District of Columbia v. Heller, decided by the Supreme Court in 2008.

    Judge Urbina rejected Heller's assertion that D.C.'s registration and gun and magazine bans should be subject to a "strict scrutiny" standard of review, under which they could survive only if they are justified by a compelling government interest, are narrowly tailored to achieve that interest, and are the least restrictive means of achieving that interest.

    In support of that rejection, Urbina opined that in District of Columbia v. Heller (2008) the Supreme Court "did not explicitly hold that the Second Amendment right is a fundamental right," and he adopted the argument of dissenting Justices in that case, that the Court's upholding of a law prohibiting possession of firearms by felons implied that the Court did not consider that laws infringing the right of law-abiding Americans to keep and bear arms should be subject to a strict scrutiny standard of review.

    Judge Urbina also rejected D.C.'s contention that its laws should be required to pass only a "reasonableness test," which would "require the court to uphold a law regulating firearms so long as the legislature had 'articulated proper reasons for acting, with meaningful supporting evidence,' and the measure did 'not interfere with the "core right" the Second Amendment protects by depriving the people of reasonable means to defend themselves in their homes.'"

    Instead, Urbina purported to subject D.C.'s registration, gun ban, and magazine ban to an "intermediate scrutiny" level of review, in which he first considered whether those laws "implicate the core Second Amendment right" and, if they do, whether they are "substantially related to an important governmental interest."

    Urbina agreed that D.C.'s firearm registration scheme implicates the "core Second Amendment right," which, based upon the Supreme Court's decision in District of Columbia v. Heller (2008), he described as the right to have a firearm at home for protection. But, he noted that the Court "suggested in Heller that such requirements [as registration] are not unconstitutional as a general matter," and he concluded that D.C. had adequately articulated a compelling governmental interest in promulgating its registration scheme.

    Based upon the Supreme Court's statement in Heller, that machine guns might not fall within the scope of the Second Amendment because they are not commonly owned, and relying heavily on error-ridden testimony provided by D.C. and the Brady Campaign about the use of semi-automatic firearms in crime, Urbina concluded that D.C.'s "assault weapon" and "large" magazine bans do not infringe the right to have a firearm at home for protection.

    Regrettably, Urbina uncritically accepted all of the "factual" claims in the committee report of the D.C. City Council and ignored hard evidence that "assault weapons" and "large" magazines are in "common use," the standard Heller adopted. As we have detailed in other Alerts, of course, such firearms and their standard magazines holding over 10 rounds are owned by millions of Americans and their numbers are rising rapidly with every week that passes.

    Stay tuned. Word about whether Judge Urbina's decision will be appealed, or whether a legislative remedy will be sought in Congress, or both, will certainly be forthcoming.

    http://www.nraila.org/Legislation/Fe...d.aspx?id=5645

    "The people never give up their liberties, but under some delusion." - Edmund Burke

  8. #177
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Pennsylvania, Delaware County
    Posts
    451
    I've read that article over the weekend and sometimes you feel like just giving up! DC, NYC, Chicago, CA, etc... are totally hopeless, why bother? It's sometimes better to just "Vote with your Feet" and be done with it!

  9. #178
    Quote Originally Posted by ricardo900 View Post
    I've read that article over the weekend and sometimes you feel like just giving up! DC, NYC, Chicago, CA, etc... are totally hopeless, why bother? It's sometimes better to just "Vote with your Feet" and be done with it!
    Problem is, that the longer the California type laws are left standing the more they are used for precedents for the next state on the Brady Bunches list...

    Sooner or later your feet will run out of free real-estate...

    We simply cannot, must not acquiesce ever...

    And we must educate people on what the Difference is between a "Constitutional Republic" and a "Democracy"

    Constitutional Republic 101: Your Rights Don't Come From Government...

    The RINO's & Democrats will tell you & you will hear them often state we are a Democracy...

    We were founded as a "Constitutional Republic"

    Just after the completion and signing of the Constitution, in reply to a woman's inquiry as to the type of government the Founders had created, Benjamin Franklin said, "A Republic, if you can keep it."

    Not only have we failed to keep it, most don't even know what it is.


    A Republic is representative government ruled by law (the Constitution). A democracy is direct government ruled by the majority (mob rule). A Republic recognizes the inalienable rights of individuals while democracies are only concerned with group wants or needs (the so-called public good).

    Lawmaking is a slow, deliberate process in our Constitutional Republic requiring approval from the three branches of government, the Supreme Court and individual jurors (jury-nullification). Lawmaking in our unlawful democracy occurs rapidly requiring approval from the whim of the majority as determined by polls and/or voter referendums...

    Democracies always self-destruct when the non-productive majority realizes that it can vote itself handouts from the productive minority by electing the candidate promising the most benefits from the public treasury. To maintain their power, these candidates must adopt an ever-increasing tax and spend policy to satisfy the ever-increasing desires of the majority. As taxes increase, incentive to produce decreases, causing many of the once productive to drop out and join the non-productive. When there are no longer enough producers to fund the legitimate functions of government and the socialist programs, the democracy will collapse, always to be followed by a Dictatorship.

    Even though nearly every politician, teacher, journalist and citizen believes that our Founders created a democracy, it is absolutely not true. The Founders knew full well the differences between a Republic and a Democracy and they repeatedly and emphatically said that they had founded a republic.

    Our military training manuals used to contain the correct definitions of Democracy and Republic. The following comes from Training Manual No. 2000-25 published by the War Department, November 30, 1928.

    DEMOCRACY:

    * A government of the masses.
    * Authority derived through mass meeting or any other form of "direct" expression.
    * Results in mobocracy.
    * Attitude toward property is communistic--negating property rights.
    * Attitude toward law is that the will of the majority shall regulate, whether is be based upon deliberation or governed by passion, prejudice, and impulse, without restraint or regard to consequences.
    * Results in demogogism, license, agitation, discontent, anarchy.

    REPUBLIC:

    * Authority is derived through the election by the people of public officials best fitted to represent them.
    * Attitude toward law is the administration of justice in accord with fixed principles and established evidence, with a strict regard to consequences.
    * A greater number of citizens and extent of territory may be brought within its compass.
    * Avoids the dangerous extreme of either tyranny or mobocracy.
    * Results in statesmanship, liberty, reason, justice, contentment, and progress.
    * Is the "standard form" of government throughout the world.

    The manuals containing these definitions were ordered destroyed without explanation about the same time that President Franklin D. Roosevelt made private ownership of our lawful money (US Minted Gold Coins) illegal. Shortly after the people turned in their $20 gold coins, the price was increased from $20 per ounce to $35 per ounce. Almost overnight F.D.R., the most popular president of the 20th century (elected 4 times) looted almost half of this nation's wealth, while convincing the people that it was for their own good. Many of F.D.R.'s policies were suggested by his right hand man, Harry Hopkins, who said,

    "Tax and Tax, Spend and Spend, Elect and Elect, because the people are too damn dumb to know the difference".

    Harry Hopkins was right; the people of FDR's day & history tells us FDR & Lincoln were hero's; when FDR was the closest thing this country has seen to a dictator and both Lincoln & FDR trampled the constitution at will...

    Yet historians and the Supreme Court have refused to correct the record to-date.

    WTFU SHEEPLE!

    TAKE BACK THE REPUBLIC!

    "The people never give up their liberties, but under some delusion." - Edmund Burke

  10. #179
    I somebody or a bunch of somebodys ever come to my door and says there here for my guns they better have bigger ones than me

  11. #180
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Pennsylvania, Delaware County
    Posts
    451

    Thumbs up You're right!

    Quote Originally Posted by Bohemian View Post
    Problem is, that the longer the California type laws are left standing the more they are used for precedents for the next state on the Brady Bunches list...

    Sooner or later your feet will run out of free real-estate...

    We simply cannot, must not acquiesce ever...

    And we must educate people on what the Difference is between a "Constitutional Republic" and a "Democracy"

    Constitutional Republic 101: Your Rights Don't Come From Government...

    The RINO's & Democrats will tell you & you will hear them often state we are a Democracy...

    We were founded as a "Constitutional Republic"

    Just after the completion and signing of the Constitution, in reply to a woman's inquiry as to the type of government the Founders had created, Benjamin Franklin said, "A Republic, if you can keep it."

    Not only have we failed to keep it, most don't even know what it is.


    A Republic is representative government ruled by law (the Constitution). A democracy is direct government ruled by the majority (mob rule). A Republic recognizes the inalienable rights of individuals while democracies are only concerned with group wants or needs (the so-called public good).

    Lawmaking is a slow, deliberate process in our Constitutional Republic requiring approval from the three branches of government, the Supreme Court and individual jurors (jury-nullification). Lawmaking in our unlawful democracy occurs rapidly requiring approval from the whim of the majority as determined by polls and/or voter referendums...

    Democracies always self-destruct when the non-productive majority realizes that it can vote itself handouts from the productive minority by electing the candidate promising the most benefits from the public treasury. To maintain their power, these candidates must adopt an ever-increasing tax and spend policy to satisfy the ever-increasing desires of the majority. As taxes increase, incentive to produce decreases, causing many of the once productive to drop out and join the non-productive. When there are no longer enough producers to fund the legitimate functions of government and the socialist programs, the democracy will collapse, always to be followed by a Dictatorship.

    Even though nearly every politician, teacher, journalist and citizen believes that our Founders created a democracy, it is absolutely not true. The Founders knew full well the differences between a Republic and a Democracy and they repeatedly and emphatically said that they had founded a republic.

    Our military training manuals used to contain the correct definitions of Democracy and Republic. The following comes from Training Manual No. 2000-25 published by the War Department, November 30, 1928.

    DEMOCRACY:

    * A government of the masses.
    * Authority derived through mass meeting or any other form of "direct" expression.
    * Results in mobocracy.
    * Attitude toward property is communistic--negating property rights.
    * Attitude toward law is that the will of the majority shall regulate, whether is be based upon deliberation or governed by passion, prejudice, and impulse, without restraint or regard to consequences.
    * Results in demogogism, license, agitation, discontent, anarchy.

    REPUBLIC:

    * Authority is derived through the election by the people of public officials best fitted to represent them.
    * Attitude toward law is the administration of justice in accord with fixed principles and established evidence, with a strict regard to consequences.
    * A greater number of citizens and extent of territory may be brought within its compass.
    * Avoids the dangerous extreme of either tyranny or mobocracy.
    * Results in statesmanship, liberty, reason, justice, contentment, and progress.
    * Is the "standard form" of government throughout the world.

    The manuals containing these definitions were ordered destroyed without explanation about the same time that President Franklin D. Roosevelt made private ownership of our lawful money (US Minted Gold Coins) illegal. Shortly after the people turned in their $20 gold coins, the price was increased from $20 per ounce to $35 per ounce. Almost overnight F.D.R., the most popular president of the 20th century (elected 4 times) looted almost half of this nation's wealth, while convincing the people that it was for their own good. Many of F.D.R.'s policies were suggested by his right hand man, Harry Hopkins, who said,

    "Tax and Tax, Spend and Spend, Elect and Elect, because the people are too damn dumb to know the difference".

    Harry Hopkins was right; the people of FDR's day & history tells us FDR & Lincoln were hero's; when FDR was the closest thing this country has seen to a dictator and both Lincoln & FDR trampled the constitution at will...

    Yet historians and the Supreme Court have refused to correct the record to-date.

    WTFU SHEEPLE!

    TAKE BACK THE REPUBLIC!
    Sometimes you can get discouraged because in certain states it seems hopeless and moving, i.e. "voting with your feet" is the best and easy way out, but we have to remember that the fight will and must continue and if those "Anti's" are still fighting then so am I!!! Even when I move I will still fight for my brethren rights in NYC and other represive states!

    Did you know that a NYC resident is not allowed to take their firearms out of state??
    Beach vs Kelly NYC - DefensiveCarry Concealed Carry Forum

    Here's the kicker, "Possession of a handgun is a privilege, not a right, and is subject to the broad discretion of the New York City Police Commissioner"
    Matter of Beach v Kelly (2008 NY Slip Op 05814)

Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast