If you swore one of these Oaths... - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: If you swore one of these Oaths...

Quote Originally Posted by Husky Girl View Post
    I didn't mean that anyone here was advocating blowing anything/one up (at least I really hope not), I was just struck by the similarily in arguement. Ayers was a terrorist, and I certainly don't condone his actions, but I thought it was interesting that his justification for his actions (even though they were wrong) was that the government was no longer listening to the will of the people. According to Ayers (I haven't personally looked up these statistics) something like 80% of the population in 1969 was opposed to the war in Vietnam. He claimed the government was no longer reflecting the will of the people, so "it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government." He claimed by using bombs, the Weather Underground was forcing the government to pay attention to the will of the people. I believe in one statment he even used the famous Jefferson quote about how the "tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots" (or something like that - I'm not sure of the exact quote).

I only wanted to comment because I thought it was interesting that Ayers and his followers considered themselves patriots, as I imagine many people on this forum would consider themselves. Many people on this forum have also argued that when the government no longer represents the people, we have a right, if not a duty, to change the government. A few of the posts illustrating this philosophy are,
    Most terrorists consider themselves patriots...

Bill Ayers is no patriot...

"Guilty as Sin, Free As A Bird"... AS HE STOOD TRAMPLING THE AMERICAN FLAG... Bill Ayers...

You should really watch and read what the undercover officers stated about Bill Ayers... he insisted that glass, nails and staples be put in the bombs they built...

YES INNOCENT PEOPLE DIED BECAUSE OF BILL AYERS...

He got off on a technicality, the guy should not even be breathing...

One thing he did the other night on TV is PROVE ONCE AGAIN THAT OBAMA LIED ABOUT HIS RELATIONSHIP WITH AYERS AND STARTING HIS POLITICAL CAREER IN HIS LIVING ROOM...

Obama: “...I am
    consistently on record and will
    continue to be on record as opposing
    concealed carry.”
    Chicago Tribune, April 27, 2004

"My first priority will be to reinstate the assault weapons ban PERMANENTLY as soon as I take office. Within 90 days, we will go back after kitchen table dealers, and work to end the gun show and internet sales loopholes. In the first year, I intend to work with Congress on a national no carry law, 1 gun a month purchase limits, and bans on all semi-automatic guns."
    —Barack Obama, VPC Fund Raiser, 2007

The problem, guys, is not the constitution, or the republic that the founders framed. The problem is that the populous of the United States is fat, lazy, sick, and mentally disturbed. I was raised about a generation out of time, mostly by my paternal grandfather, and i have a really hard time adapting to the way things are now. We are too far gone to ever turn around. There will always be those of us that are "men"and are ready and willing to face our own problems. But the number are fewer and fewer every year. Everyone wants a bailout now. I just want a shovel so I can dig myself out.

Why the hell do you think I have been buying and stockpiling all this ammo? Not for investment purposes, that I can tell you...
    - FreedomsAdvocate
    Citizenship ought to be reserved for those who carry arms. - Aristotle
    My latest article on Associated Content

And, in regard to the quote from Jefferson, I think it is worthwhile here to provide the *whole* quote:

"What country before ever existed a century & half without a rebellion? & what country can preserve it's liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms. The remedy is to set them right as to facts, pardon & pacify them. What signify a few lives lost in a century or two? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. It is it's natural manure." (The Writings of Thomas Jefferson, Henry A. Washington, ed, 1853-54, 911: letter regarding THE NEW CONSTITUTION, To William S. Smith. Paris, November 13, 1787. )
    I do not plan to have violent revolution--never have--but one needs to consider just what for them would be too far. Your guns, your income, your liberty? What? And keeping HG caution in mind also helps: when are we becoming what we hate?

That is what the Declaration is all about.

Since I seem to be full of trite sayings this evening, remember the story of how to boil a frog properly: "Throw them in to a kettle of hot water and they will jump out. But if you put them in cold water and heat it slowly...they never leave." Or something like that.
    Last edited by FreedomsAdvocate; 12-07-2008 at 11:07 PM.
    - FreedomsAdvocate
    Citizenship ought to be reserved for those who carry arms. - Aristotle
    My latest article on Associated Content

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123