Congress and 2 month vacation!!!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21

Thread: Congress and 2 month vacation!!!

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
    Posts
    181

    Congress and 2 month vacation!!!

    I know I should just shut up and let it be but, {rant What have they done for us that they deserve a 2 month vacation????I know they work those long hours all year to spend all of our hard earned money, but come on. They as well as the fat cat Wall street have put us in to this hole we are in and they should maybe for go some vacation time and work a little harder to find some solutions. I guess I am finished.....
    The Iceman, Akron, Oh
    Shoot straight and be safe...

  2.   
  3. #2
    wolfhunter Guest
    WHAT long hours? They get more days off than anybody over the age of 16, and if the complete at least one term in office, their retirement package is locked in. (Hey C-L, see what you're missing?)

  4. .gov

    When they work(?) they are the watchdogs of ourtreasury and advise and consent on the spending of our money. They do for us what we can't do for ourselves. We trust their judgment because they are the experts. However when they don't work we don't get these special advantages. So what do we do when all of this doesn.t work....We opt for CHANGE....And what did we get....OBANNA....Now you can flush your toilets!!!!

  5. #4
    The congress is a joke. Aside from maybe a handful that want to do the right thing the rest are corrupt.
    How do the AMerican people continue to vote this mutts in?
    I am starting to think that voter fraud is so widespread that every election is rigged.
    There is no way that people are that dumb to keep voting in a guy like barny Frank or that 85 year old Stevens or anyother thief that continues to rob us.
    The people have spoken, they dont want the bailouts, they want to drill now. Guess what? Congress don't care what you want.
    They do what they want.
    Time to end this insanity. They all need to be dumped.

  6. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    4,650
    It's just too bad that all 535 members of Congress can't be voted on by voters nationwide as opposed to being voted on by the people of their districts (House members) or of their states (senators).
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

    Benjamin Franklin

  7. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post
    It's just too bad that all 535 members of Congress can't be voted on by voters nationwide as opposed to being voted on by the people of their districts (House members) or of their states (senators).
    Just like the people as a whole made such a good choice for the occupant of the White House?

    Quit trying to improve an excellent system the Founders gave us and work within the framework of the Constitution--IF you can get the current government to return to it.
    People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome.--River Tam

  8. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulIcemanMc View Post
    ... What have they done for us that they deserve a 2 month vacation????...
    Who cares--I think we should write Pelosi and Reid letters and tell them to take a vacation for the next 4 years. We will only be safe so long as Congress is NOT in session.


    “Now is the time when men work quietly in the fields and women weep softly in the kitchen; the legislature is in session, and no man’s property is safe.”--(often wrongly attributed to Daniel Webster)
    People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome.--River Tam

  9. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by NDS View Post
    Who cares--I think we should write Pelosi and Reid letters and tell them to take a vacation for the next 4 years. We will only be safe so long as Congress is NOT in session.
    +1. The more time they spend away from Washington the less time they have to put the screws to us.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

  10. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    1,437
    Just like any other job, it really depends on the person. Some are lazy and do nothing. Many are very active though, and really care about their constituents.

    Politicians are popular people to beat up on, but don't knock them until you hang around them for a while and see what they actually do. That "vacation" isn't actually a vacation - it just means they go back to their home district and meet constituents and locals, rather than being in Washington most of the time. Many people leave their job at work when they go home, but if you're anything higher than a county commissioner, it follows you around everywhere like a lost puppy. You can't go out to eat with your family, take a shower, drive up to the mountains for the weekend or go to the range without someone calling. That Blackberry just never stops ringing. What's really fun is when it's a colorful character - an 84 year old granny with more opinions than you have time, or someone who's royally pissed off, or someone who thinks they're a big deal.

    Everyone always wants to throw stones at their elected officials, but when public meetings, gatherings and events are advertised, suddenly everyone has an excuse not to be there. Volunteers for campaigns are scarce, and no one except the usuals ever drop in to constituent workshops to provide input. Your ideas won't show up if you don't.
    Last edited by toreskha; 11-23-2008 at 01:15 AM.
    Silent Running, by Mike and the Mechanics

  11. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Honolulu, HI & Salt Lake City, UT
    Posts
    2,797
    Quote Originally Posted by toreskha View Post
    Just like any other job, it really depends on the person. Some are lazy and do nothing. Many are very active though, and really care about their constituents.

    Politicians are popular people to beat up on, but don't knock them until you hang around them for a while and see what they actually do. That "vacation" isn't actually a vacation - it just means they go back to their home district and meet constituents and locals, rather than being in Washington most of the time. Many people leave their job at work when they go home, but if you're anything higher than a county commissioner, it follows you around everywhere like a lost puppy. You can't go out to eat with your family, take a shower, drive up to the mountains for the weekend or go to the range without someone calling. That Blackberry just never stops ringing. What's really fun is when it's a colorful character - an 84 year old granny with more opinions than you have time, or someone who's royally pissed off, or someone who thinks they're a big deal.

    Everyone always wants to throw stones at their elected officials, but when public meetings, gatherings and events are advertised, suddenly everyone has an excuse not to be there. Volunteers for campaigns are scarce, and no one except the usuals ever drop in to constituent workshops to provide input. Your ideas won't show up if you don't.
    Great point toreskha. Were you/are you an elected official? It would be nice to get the opinion of an elected official on many issues here on USA Carry.

    I see the elected officials from Hawaii back here in the islands more often than I would like to. It seems as though they're back here more than they are in DC. Every time I call the office to make an appointment, I'm told by their office that they wont' be back to HI for a couple of weeks. Later in the evening, I see them on the evening news. It's bad enough for the politicians to BS about stuff, but I would think that the person taking their calls would come up with a better excuse than that. Something like "The Senator will not be available for a couple of weeks." or "The Senator will be taking appoitments on [date]." would be a lot better.



    gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast