This is getting worse!!!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This is getting worse!!!!

This is getting worse!!!!

Looks like the mama hen is gonna be "SoS". Now we're in BIG trouble!

Clinton accepts Obama secretary of state offer: NY Times - Yahoo! News

Clinton accepts Obama secretary of state offer: NY Times

WASHINGTON (Reuters) New York Sen. Hillary Clinton has accepted an offer from President-elect Barack Obama to become U.S. secretary of state, joining her former Democratic rival to help guide U.S. foreign policy, the New York Times said on Friday.

The newspaper quoted two Clinton associates who said she came to her decision after additional discussions with Obama about the nature of her role as the top U.S. diplomat and his foreign policy plans.

"She's ready," one of the sources told the newspaper, which posted the report on its website.

Clinton emerged as a frontrunner for the secretary of state job late last week, transfixing a country which had seen her compete hard against Obama to win the Democratic nomination for the presidency. Obama clinched that nomination in June and then beat Republican John McCain in the November 4 election.

Democratic Party sources have recently said Clinton, was on track to be nominated, with an official announcement

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

Just when you think it can't get any worse. He is picking people of like minds. Marxists of a feather flocks together. It is beginning to be very apparent that the hand writing is on the wall.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

I have yet to see him pick any centrists for anything. Think this is going to be a pattern a la Bush?

gpbarth Guest
    Oh, they're stacking the deck, alright, but it's not like we didn't expect them to do this. The scary part is when/if they get enough votes to block any filibuster attempts by the Republicans. Then we'll see some really dirty politics.

I don't know hwo everyone else voted, but in the primaries, I was a very staunch supporter of Dr. Ron Paul. Unfortunately he didn't make the cut, but he is still in Congress and still determined to make a dent in this left-wing adventure. You might want to check out the Campaign For Liberty website for more information on how all of us can continue the fight against the left.

Quote Originally Posted by gpbarth View Post
    Oh, they're stacking the deck, alright, but it's not like we didn't expect them to do this. The scary part is when/if they get enough votes to block any filibuster attempts by the Republicans. Then we'll see some really dirty politics.

I don't know hwo everyone else voted, but in the primaries, I was a very staunch supporter of Dr. Ron Paul. Unfortunately he didn't make the cut, but he is still in Congress and still determined to make a dent in this left-wing adventure. You might want to check out the Campaign For Liberty website for more information on how all of us can continue the fight against the left.
    I liked Romney and Huckabee.

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

Quote Originally Posted by gpbarth View Post

+1 on Paul. My second choice would have been Huckabee. My last choice would be Obama. In fact that would be no choice.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

It a GREAT PICK! Gets the CARPET BAGGING PIECE OF GARBAGE and Bill out of this state! Not for ossamma err obama to pick schummer and we're rid of 2 pieces of garbage in NYS.
    Last edited by harvey13118; 11-27-2008 at 09:19 AM.
    Harvey Proud to be American, NRA Endowment, NYS Rifle Pistol, US Army Ret

PALIN 2012

In Sharia, the woman is weak, should remain silent, her opinion is that of cattle. Her job: bear sons, cook and stay home. Apologist female Seretary of State Hillary, U gotta B kidding me! The jilted ex of one of the most peace-nick kow-towing presidents it was EVER my misfortune to suffer as a soldier under, watching my Army get carved to bits in PEACETIME! That traitor Clinton's female counter-part will sell America to the world by the pound of our flesh and back us into our own destruction c/o any takers. Me, mad, angry, upset, in disbelief, try stupified!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

C-L
    Last edited by Canis-Lupus; 11-21-2008 at 05:03 PM.

This makes sense in a sick sort of way

She is the one senator that could make a lot of mischief for the koolaid drinkers. This would be out of spite and not for the right reasons. Big O needs her out of the way and this will end her political career.
    No secy of state ever was elected president
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

Quote Originally Posted by festus View Post
    She is the one senator that could make a lot of mischief for the koolaid drinkers. This would be out of spite and not for the right reasons. Big O needs her out of the way and this will end her political career.
    No secy of state ever was elected president
    Be very careful what you say as we've never had an "African American" elected President (if that in fact is what obama is). There's a first time for everything. Some times it's for the worse.....

gf

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast