Eric Holder as Attn Gen. Criminalize 2nd First Step. - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Eric Holder as Attn Gen. Criminalize 2nd First Step.

It was obviously a poor choice of words when I stated that the SCOTUS could not over rule the executive or legislative branch...

I'll make make it much clearer for those that think there is a snow balls chance in hell of the SCOTUS actually even agreeing to hear a case involving a Federal EXECUTIVE or LEGISLATIVE GUN BAN...

In the ENTIRE HISTORY OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, the SUPREME COURT OF THE UNTIED STATES HAS AGREED TO HEAR A CASE PERTAINING TO AND RULED ON THE SECOND AMENDMENT TWICE, CAN YOU STOP YOUR FEET TWICE?

THE FIRST TIME IN 1939 AND THE SAME SUPREME COURT THAT REFUSED TO OVER TURN PROHIBITION; KIND OF SORT A RULED ON THE SECOND AMENDMENT, BUT MUCKED UP THE PRECEDENT PRETTY FRICKING BAD...
    SO BAD THAT THE OPINION IS CLEARLY AMBIGUOUS... AND HAS CAUSED US NO END OF GRIEF EVERYSINCE...

69 (SIXTY-NINE) YEARS LATER THEY RULED ON IT THE SECOND TIME...

IN-BETWEEN WE HAVE HAD IN EXCESS OF 22,000 THOUSAND ANTI-CONSTITUTIONAL GUN LAWS PUT ON THE BOOKS...

INCLUDING THE CLINTON-BIDEN AWB BAN THAT STOOD TEN YEARS AND THE SUPREME COURT REFUSED TO EVEN HEAR ANY CASE REMOTELY RELATED TO IT!

HOW MANY OF THESE 22K+ INFRINGEMENTS HAVE BEEN OVERTURNED OR HEARD OR CONSIDERED BY THE SUPREME COURT OF THE UNITED STATES?

ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So as I mentioned previously, sure the liberal leaning SCOTUS overruled "W" on GITMO, and we should have tossed them on their ear then...

But HISTORICALLY, THE SCOTUS SITS At THEIR SECURE LIFETIME APPOINTMENTS AND ONLY HEAR CASES RELATED TO THE FIRST AMENDMENT (ACLU) AND CASES WHERE THE STATES HAVE OVERSTEPPED FEDERAL LAWS, the number of cases the supreme court has agreed to hear involving the EXECUTIVE BRANCH OR THE LEGISLATIVE BRANCH in the entire history of the U.S. you can just about count on one hand...

Compared to the thousands involving the states...

I digress...

The point remains, if we do not do something BEFORE an FEDERAL EXECUTIVE order and or LEGISLATIVE act takes place, WE ARE HOSED... We can NOT COUNT ON THE SCOTUS DOING ANYTHING...

Why do you think the liberals are kicking our asses? because they put their money where their mouths are!
    Right or wrong THEY ARE NOT AFRAID TO TAKE ACTION!

IF ONLY THE NEARLY 100 MILLION GUN OWNERS WOULD GET UP OFF THEIR ASSES AND GET THAT MOTIVIATED...

MCCAIN-PALIN WOULD HAVE WON BY 500+ ELECTORIAL VOTES...

GEORGIA IS OUR LAST CHANCE FOR TWO YEARS TO EFFECT RIGHT-CHANGE AT THE FEDERAL LEVEL!

ANYBODY CAN DONATE...
    Saxby Chambliss - US Senator for Georgia - Saxby.org
    Last edited by Bohemian; 11-24-2008 at 11:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NDS View Post
    Quickest example I could find:
    Sixteenth Amendment to the United States Constitution - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    16th Amendment--to allow income taxes by the Federal Government--was passed because the SCOTUS found the income tax law unconstitutional.

This means that, if the Obama government passes gun control legislation, it can be ruled unconstitutional after years of litigation in the courts. Then the feds would have to get an Amendment to the Constitution passed in Congress and ratified by the states.

Unless, of course, the composition of SCOTUS changes before then...
    You really should have read more on the subject including your own citation...

The 16th Amendment itself is clearly unconstitutional as it was not legally ratified...
    The Law That Never Was -- The Fraud of Income & Social Security Tax -- Home

SCOTUS HAS NEVER IN THE ENTIRE HISTORY OF THE COUNTRY HEARD A SINGLE CASE INVOLVING A FEDERAL EXECUTIVE OR LEGISLATIVE GUN BAN...

LOOK AT THE 18TH AMENDMENT (PROHIBITION) CONGRESS AND THE PRESIDENT GAVE ITSELF AUTHORITY TO VIOLATE OUR FREEDOM...

SCOTUS DID NOTHING! REFUSED TO HEAR CHALLENGES...

THEY HISTORICALLY AVOID BITING THE HANDS THAT APPOINTED THEM...

Quote Originally Posted by Bohemian View Post
    You really should have read more on the subject including your own citation...

The 16th Amendment itself is clearly unconstitutional as it was not legally ratified...
    The Law That Never Was -- The Fraud of Income & Social Security Tax -- Home

SCOTUS HAS NEVER IN THE ENTIRE HISTORY OF THE COUNTRY HEARD A SINGLE CASE INVOLVING A FEDERAL EXECUTIVE OR LEGISLATIVE GUN BAN...

LOOK AT THE 18TH AMENDMENT (PROHIBITION) CONGRESS AND THE PRESIDENT GAVE ITSELF AUTHORITY TO VIOLATE OUR FREEDOM...

SCOTUS DID NOTHING! REFUSED TO HEAR CHALLENGES...

THEY HISTORICALLY AVOID BITING THE HANDS THAT APPOINTED THEM...
    Not the point of why I posted that and also not what it seemed you were saying. SCOTUS has often claimed it was the final arbiter of what is acceptable under the Constitution. What I cited was only one case where the Federal Gov was told to seek another avenue to get what it wanted--in this case Constitutional Amendment. Now you've said:
    It was obviously a poor choice of words
    and that I can certainly agree with.
    People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome.--River Tam

Quote Originally Posted by Bohemian View Post
    It was obviously a poor choice of words when I stated that the SCOTUS could not over rule the executive or legislative branch...

I'll make make it much clearer for those that think there is a snow balls chance in hell of the SCOTUS actually even agreeing to hear a case involving a Federal EXECUTIVE or LEGISLATIVE GUN BAN...

In the ENTIRE HISTORY OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, the SUPREME COURT OF THE UNTIED STATES HAS AGREED TO HEAR A CASE PERTAINING TO AND RULED ON THE SECOND AMENDMENT TWICE, CAN YOU STOP YOUR FEET TWICE?

THE FIRST TIME IN 1939 AND THE SAME SUPREME COURT THAT REFUSED TO OVER TURN PROHIBITION; KIND OF SORT A RULED ON THE SECOND AMENDMENT, BUT MUCKED UP THE PRECEDENT PRETTY FRICKING BAD...
    SO BAD THAT THE OPINION IS CLEARLY AMBIGUOUS... AND HAS CAUSED US NO END OF GRIEF EVERYSINCE...

69 (SIXTY-NINE) YEARS LATER THEY RULED ON IT THE SECOND TIME...

IN-BETWEEN WE HAVE HAD IN EXCESS OF 22,000 THOUSAND ANTI-CONSTITUTIONAL GUN LAWS PUT ON THE BOOKS...

INCLUDING THE CLINTON-BIDEN AWB BAN THAT STOOD TEN YEARS AND THE SUPREME COURT REFUSED TO EVEN HEAR ANY CASE REMOTELY RELATED TO IT!

HOW MANY OF THESE 22K+ INFRINGEMENTS HAVE BEEN OVERTURNED OR HEARD OR CONSIDERED BY THE SUPREME COURT OF THE UNITED STATES?

ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So as I mentioned previously, sure the liberal leaning SCOTUS overruled "W" on GITMO, and we should have tossed them on their ear then...

But HISTORICALLY, THE SCOTUS SITS At THEIR SECURE LIFETIME APPOINTMENTS AND ONLY HEAR CASES RELATED TO THE FIRST AMENDMENT (ACLU) AND CASES WHERE THE STATES HAVE OVERSTEPPED FEDERAL LAWS, the number of cases the supreme court has agreed to hear involving the EXECUTIVE BRANCH OR THE LEGISLATIVE BRANCH in the entire history of the U.S. you can just about count on one hand...

Compared to the thousands involving the states...

I digress...

The point remains, if we do not do something BEFORE an FEDERAL EXECUTIVE order and or LEGISLATIVE act takes place, WE ARE HOSED... We can NOT COUNT ON THE SCOTUS DOING ANYTHING...

Why do you think the liberals are kicking our asses? because they put their money where their mouths are!
    Right or wrong THEY ARE NOT AFRAID TO TAKE ACTION!

IF ONLY THE NEARLY 100 MILLION GUN OWNERS WOULD GET UP OFF THEIR ASSES AND GET THAT MOTIVIATED...

MCCAIN-PALIN WOULD HAVE WON BY 500+ ELECTORIAL VOTES...

GEORGIA IS OUR LAST CHANCE FOR TWO YEARS TO EFFECT RIGHT-CHANGE AT THE FEDERAL LEVEL!

ANYBODY CAN DONATE...
    Actually, I can think of one other of the 22k infringements that has been overturned by the Supreme Court. Remember the Gun Free School Zones Act?
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

Benjamin Franklin

7. Bohemian, while this debate could rage on about how many times the SCOTUS has gone against an administration/Congress, I think it's your point that they cannot be counted on. That I can agree with to a point The Heller case gives us an opening in court for ANY AWB that may come out and it's one we HAVE to take should it arise. Do I want to count on that? Hell no. BUT, it IS something on our side in this argument. And since many states have the RKBA written into their State Constitutions, depending on how any ban form the Fed is written, THEY may sue in court. There will be 22 Republicans come January as Governor, and I can bet of the other 28, at least a few of them would stand up for 2A if the Fed violated their State Constitution.
    Now, your other point is not lost on me either. It is definitely time for the owners of guns in this country to band together under one umbrella and let our voices be heard. There is a general estimate of 45% of US households that own guns. If that amount of voters told their officials not to touch the 2nd, I think they would hear us. The problem is that the anti gunners know how to word their efforts so that they sound innocuous and harmless most of the time. Which means that we have to play the part of the bad guy if we wait until they do something first. Our best effort needs to be put into going on the offensive on this issue. Guns, gun ownership, and the legal right to carry for self defense needs to be portrayed in a positive light EACH AND EVERY DAY...............24x7, 365! WE need to talk about it all the time and to everyone we come in contact with, and with no shame. We need to show the sheep that it is a positive thing to have us around and that without concealed carry, their lives can be more easily ruined/negatively impacted.
    This is not some esoteric or theoretical argument about ethics or morals. This debate is about a fundamental right of the people of this country to be able to defend themselves against any and all aggressors.......both foreign and domestic.

Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post
    Actually, I can think of one other of the 22k infringements that has been overturned by the Supreme Court. Remember the Gun Free School Zones Act?
    Yes quite well actually, including whom voted for it "Senator FRED I SUPPORT THE SECOND AMENDMENT THOMPSON" former Presidential candidate... (choke, puke, spit..)

Gun-Free School Zones Act of 1990 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I also know that shortly after the SCOTUS ruling that said it was unconstitutional; Specifically a violation of the "Commerce Clause of the United States Constitution" and NOT THE SECOND AMENDMENT; it was re-worded and went through congress at break-neck speed, thanks to Gun Ban Slick-Willie & Company and Joe Biden (NOW V.P.)

The Revised Gun Free School Zones and Other Purposes Act STILL STANDS AT THE FEDERAL LEVEL and most states have their own version of it as well...

Quote Originally Posted by magicman007 View Post
    Bohemian, while this debate could rage on about how many times the SCOTUS has gone against an administration/Congress, I think it's your point that they cannot be counted on. That I can agree with to a point The Heller case gives us an opening in court for ANY AWB that may come out and it's one we HAVE to take should it arise. Do I want to count on that? Hell no. BUT, it IS something on our side in this argument. And since many states have the RKBA written into their State Constitutions, depending on how any ban form the Fed is written, THEY may sue in court. There will be 22 Republicans come January as Governor, and I can bet of the other 28, at least a few of them would stand up for 2A if the Fed violated their State Constitution.
    Now, your other point is not lost on me either. It is definitely time for the owners of guns in this country to band together under one umbrella and let our voices be heard. There is a general estimate of 45% of US households that own guns. If that amount of voters told their officials not to touch the 2nd, I think they would hear us. The problem is that the anti gunners know how to word their efforts so that they sound innocuous and harmless most of the time. Which means that we have to play the part of the bad guy if we wait until they do something first. Our best effort needs to be put into going on the offensive on this issue. Guns, gun ownership, and the legal right to carry for self defense needs to be portrayed in a positive light EACH AND EVERY DAY...............24x7, 365! WE need to talk about it all the time and to everyone we come in contact with, and with no shame. We need to show the sheep that it is a positive thing to have us around and that without concealed carry, their lives can be more easily ruined/negatively impacted.
    This is not some esoteric or theoretical argument about ethics or morals. This debate is about a fundamental right of the people of this country to be able to defend themselves against any and all aggressors.......both foreign and domestic.
    +1 Agreed, although, if we do not win the Senate seat in Georgia in the upcoming December run-off election; it will not matter if every single republican in the house and senate stands up for the second amendment; if they are not joined by the SUPER MAJORITY LIBERAL DEMOCRATS...
    Whom if they take Georgia can pass any Amnesty, Gun Ban, Tax & Spend Agenda they desire with out the support of a single republican...

Anybody can donate, to keep our voices heard...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234