Eric Holder as Attn Gen. Criminalize 2nd First Step.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Eric Holder as Attn Gen. Criminalize 2nd First Step.

Exclamation Eric Holder as Attn Gen. Criminalize 2nd First Step.

So much for "I support the Second Amendment," and so much for the notion of "change."
    Media reports say President-elect Barack Obama has selected Eric Holder as his Attorney General, and that Holder may already have accepted the offer. Holder, as Deputy Attorney General under Janet Reno during the Clinton Administration, said that the Second Amendment does not protect an individual right, but instead protects the right to have a firearm when serving with a militia. After leaving office, Holder stuck to that assertion when he signed Janet Reno's brief to the Supreme Court in the Heller case, which stated, "The Second Amendment does not protect firearms possession or use that is unrelated to participation in a well-regulated militia." Guess it's time to form a well-regulated militia, where do we sign-up?
    And thus it begins,

Canis-Lupus

As is everything that is happening in this administration, this is scary. Hopefully, the Heller decision will help save our rights.
    David

The only person available to protect you 24 hours a day is you.

The only way that Heller will help us is for us to be aggressively proactive in protecting our rights. It's not enough to just join NRA or CCRKBA or GOA or your state organization. We must each spend time (actual physical presence--not just toss a few dollars) working for our rights. For at least the next 2 years, we dare not sit and let someone else take care of it.

If we sit and whine, gun bans and other laws the BHO administration will support MAY be found to be contrary to the Constitution by the SCOTUS; the process WILL take years.
    People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome.--River Tam

We must stay informed and aware of possible attacks on the 2A. Watch for bills being introduced, especially as attached bills, and immediately start writing our reps. The SCOTUS decision was a historic win but left openings for an AWB. Look at the following excerpt:

2. Like most rights, the Second Amendment right is not unlimited. It is not a right to keep and carry any weapon whatsoever in any manner whatsoever and for whatever purpose: For example, concealed weapons prohibitions have been upheld under the Amendment or state analogues.

This statement in itself allows for a wide ranging ban on many types of firearms. It would allow Obama to accomplish something he has stated he supports, a complete ban on ALL semi-automatic weapons. Stay aware, stay informed, stay vigilant.

Holder would like to disarm all americans. This way, as he releases more and more terrorists, they will be free to do what they want.
    The whole idea of disarming Americans is so that the liberal left can set free all the criminals and terrorists.

Hold(er) onto your guns!

As many of us predicted, Obama has taken the first step toward chipping away at our 2nd Ammendment rights with the nomination of a very ANTI-GUN Attorney Gen, Eric Holder. SAF Press Release :: HOLDER NOMINATION SIGNALS OBAMA’S TRUE ANTI-GUN RIGHTS AGENDA

Brace yourselves for a long fight ahead......go out and buy what you can now! High cap mags could go by the wayside......forget about ANYTHING with a pistol grip.

Surfcc

Seems to me like this guy doesn't know the meaning of the term "militia," at least the way the writers of the Second Amendment understood it. It seems to me that a little history lesson is in order.
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post
    Seems to me like this guy doesn't know the meaning of the term "militia," at least the way the writers of the Second Amendment understood it. It seems to me that a little history lesson is in order.
    I am sure he knows. I don't think it is a lack of knowledge on his part but rather like with most of them the truth does not fit his agenda.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

oh. i thought he had too

many things to fix to be concerned with our guns..BLOOD SHOOTING FROM MY EYES!!!! BETTER GET READY. THINGS ARE ABOUT TO GO SOUTH AND GET UUUGGGGLLLLYYYYY.

11. There IS an opening within Heller to sue for unconstitutionality, and AWB ban (handgun or otherwise). In the majority opinion, SCOTUS said the Second Amendment "does not limit the right to keep and bear arms to militia purposes, but rather limits the type of weapon to which the right applies to those used by the militia, i.e., those in common use for lawful purposes." This would mean that the semi automatic weapons currently in use by citizens in this country can not be banned. They are in common use and could be used for duty in a militia.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast