Gun Shows Before Black Tuesday - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Gun Shows Before Black Tuesday

Quote Originally Posted by HandsomeStranger View Post
    I've been waiting for the two shows coming here in December and wondering about the quantity and quality being offered. Empty tables are what I was afraid of.
    Don't foget inflated prices! You know there are going to be some dealers engaged in price gouging.

I've been looking a prices and have a idea, and I know I can get advice here.
    Molon labe!

What I would like to see is another group AR-15 lower buy before black Tuesday. Anybody want to see if this is doable?
    Know the law; don't ask, don't tell.
    NRA & UT Certified Instructor; CT, FL, NH, NV, OR, PA & UT CCW Holder
    Happy new 1984; 25 years behind schedule. Send lawyers, guns and money...the SHTF...

Quote Originally Posted by netentity View Post
    What I would like to see is another group AR-15 lower buy before black Tuesday. Anybody want to see if this is doable?
    I am not sure what you mean by this?

ALL major manufacturers are back ordered in excess of 6 months on stripped lowers for AR-15 and AR-10 series, ditto for complete uppers and bolt-carrier groups for the same...

As of 11/26/2008...
    Expect to pay $500.00 minimum for a stripped lower if you can find it...
    $800.00 minimum for a complete upper less stripped lower...

$1000.00 minimum for a complete rifle new or used in decent condition...

If you can find any of this items for equal or less, don't blink or it will be gone, buy it then and there...

ITS NOT PRICE GOUGING when the supply is nearly exhausted and will not likely be replaced before Gun Ban Obama and Company go to work infringing our second amendment rights...

ITS the biggest going out of business sale in U.S. history...

Going to be a lot of people with egg on their face that BACK ORDERED their AR'S, thinking they will get them before Gun Ban Obama and Company get the Dems Barack into the business of gun control...

IF you can not take immediate possession of your item via online auction at gunbroker.com or a gun show, retail storefront etc., you will likely be left empty handed...

Remember the laws of supply and demand from Jr. High?

Or how about trying to buy that newest Game System that comes out 4 weeks before x-mas nearly every year for your kids? And they made 20,000 for a market of 300 million...

IF you want it; you will pay what you can get it for, and be glad you got it at any price before you could not get it at all...

The word of advice for the gun shows, and such is GET THERE EARLY, bring cash and buy it then and there... IF you see two or more AR's and you can afford it; buy them...
    You will have one for your wife, girlfriend, son(s), daughter(s), or other family members, friends, neighbors, peers etc...

AND buy all the ammo you can afford, estimate a 1000 rounds per year per weapon for practice...

When the Barack hits the fan...

ITS going to get ugly real quick folks...

If there is no gun shows in your area; fly or drive to one out of state such as the ones here in Las Vegas I previously posted; you can buy it and have it shipped back to your home town; cost is typically $25.00 for hand guns and $40.00 for long guns...

forewarned is forearmed...
    Last edited by Bohemian; 11-26-2008 at 07:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohemian View Post
    I am not sure what you mean by this?

ALL major manufacturers are back ordered in excess of 6 months on stripped lowers for AR-15 and AR-10 series, ditto for complete uppers and bolt-carrier groups for the same...

As of 11/26/2008...
    Expect to pay $500.00 minimum for a stripped lower if you can find it...
    $800.00 minimum for a complete upper less stripped lower...

$1000.00 minimum for a complete rifle new or used in decent condition...

If you can find any of this items for equal or less, don't blink or it will be gone, buy it then and there...

ITS NOT PRICE GOUGING when the supply is nearly exhausted and will not likely be replaced before Gun Ban Obama and Company go to work infringing our second amendment rights...

ITS the biggest going out of business sale in U.S. history...

Going to be a lot of people with egg on their face that BACK ORDERED their AR'S, thinking they will get them before Gun Ban Obama and Company get the Dems Barack into the business of gun control...

IF you can not take immediate possession of your item via online auction at gunbroker.com or a gun show, retail storefront etc., you will likely be left empty handed...

Remember the laws of supply and demand from Jr. High?

Or how about trying to buy that newest Game System that comes out 4 weeks before x-mas nearly every year for your kids? And they made 20,000 for a market of 300 million...

IF you want it; you will pay what you can get it for, and be glad you got it at any price before you could not get it at all...

The word of advice for the gun shows, and such is GET THERE EARLY, bring cash and buy it then and there... IF you see two or more AR's and you can afford it; buy them...
    You will have one for your wife, girlfriend, son(s), daughter(s), or other family members, friends, neighbors, peers etc...

AND buy all the ammo you can afford, estimate a 1000 rounds per year per weapon for practice...

When the Barack hits the fan...

ITS going to get ugly real quick folks...

If there is no gun shows in your area; fly or drive to one out of state such as the ones here in Las Vegas I previously posted; you can buy it and have it shipped back to your home town; cost is typically $25.00 for hand guns and $40.00 for long guns...

forewarned is forearmed...
    Guess buying my S&W M&P15R was a good idea. I'm not stuck on the back order list as I have a UPS tracking number for it being shipped to my friendly neighborhood FFL. It's scheduled to arrive this Tuesday. I should be able to pick it up then or the day after. Yes, I remember basic supply and demand. However I would think that some of the manufacturers would have stepped up production in anticipation of the Obamanation of an election.

Firearms are not just flying off the shelves. Reloading equipment is too. Buy reloadable ammunition and components if possible. I'm at somewhat of a disadvantage as 5.45.x39mm is not available with boxer primed brass cases yet in the US. There appears to be a brass source for it though.
    Know the law; don't ask, don't tell.
    NRA & UT Certified Instructor; CT, FL, NH, NV, OR, PA & UT CCW Holder
    Happy new 1984; 25 years behind schedule. Send lawyers, guns and money...the SHTF...

I picked up a Sig 556 SWAT on gunbroker. It's supposed to arrive today.
    I paid $1700 factoring in the shipping. I could turn around right now and sell it for $2100-2200 easily. I won't, because I've been wanting it for a long time, but I could.

I also agree that what we're seeing is not price gouging, but free enterprise (supply & demand) working like it always has. An item is worth what someone is willing to pay for it, kind of like stocks.
    "When the outflow exceeds the inflow, the upkeep becomes the downfall"

Quote Originally Posted by DarrellM5 View Post
    I picked up a Sig 556 SWAT on gunbroker. It's supposed to arrive today.
    I paid $1700 factoring in the shipping. I could turn around right now and sell it for $2100-2200 easily. I won't, because I've been wanting it for a long time, but I could.

I also agree that what we're seeing is not price gouging, but free enterprise (supply & demand) working like it always has. An item is worth what someone is willing to pay for it, kind of like stocks.
    Bingo. And when something happens (in this case, the election of Obama) that people believe has the potential to disrupt the supply, they run out and buy it in bigger numbers. And because manufacturers typically aren't building at any faster a rater than before, supply can't keep up with demand, so prices go up.
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

Benjamin Franklin

This is an arms bubble and it's not sustainable over the long run. Just as with mortgages and oil, saturation will kick in after the market adjusts and/or supply is overfilled. Then prices will plunge, and things will be cheap again. People will have lowers sitting around that they paid $500 for, and are worth less than $200.

Obama isn't stupid; he probably wouldn't try an AWB early on, knowing that it would probably get smashed. He's got a good shot at a second term, so he'll play his gun cards close for right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohemian View Post
    LOOK at how many years it took Parker-Heller to actually get to SCOTUS...

there will be no Heller II in at least the next 4 years...

AND if the NATIONWIDE GUN-GRABBING MAJORITY RATIFIES THE CONSTITUTION or Gun Ban Obama and company bans by EXECUTIVE ORDER and or LEGISLATIVE ACT then Heller will not be worth be worth the paper it is written on...
    Our government is not going to cease to function just because some unconstitutional laws are passed. Gun bans by executive order or an overeager Congress might work for the Brady Bunch in the short term, but on the long term balance it wouldn't be effective, and they know it. They want to pass these laws in a way that will be durable.

What we need to spend the next few years doing is to set down a lot of legal framework and educating the public about how assault rifles are perfectly legitimate firearms for a responsible person to own, and increasing the size of firearms-related special interest groups (NRA, GOA, JPFO, etc). When any attacks do come, they can be easily swatted aside by people who already know the truth.
    Silent Running, by Mike and the Mechanics

All major firearms manufacturers have STOPPED making LOWER RECEIVERS indefinitely... (the part that gets tracked via NICS, and electronically indexed to your front door, drivers license, social security number...)
    They likely will stop all production of core functionality AR/AK related parts by June 2009, not wanting to be left with warehouses of stock that they can not sell in the foreseeable future...

Obama: “...I am
    consistently on record and will
    continue to be on record as opposing
    concealed carry.”
    Chicago Tribune, April 27, 2004

"My first priority will be to reinstate the assault weapons ban PERMANENTLY as soon as I take office. Within 90 days, we will go back after kitchen table dealers, and work to end the gun show and internet sales loopholes. In the first year, I intend to work with Congress on a national no carry law, 1 gun a month purchase limits, and bans on all semi-automatic guns."
    —Barack Obama, VPC Fund Raiser, 2007

Regarding the AWB...
    The NRA has prevented that legislation from getting through congress for the last 8 years, as President, I intended to make it happen...

—Barack Obama, Democratic Primary Debate, 2007

Go ahead and keep thinking it can not, will not happen here...
    And you will be welcome to join the now disarmed people of Canada, England and Australia, et.al. in stating we should have done more... we took it for granted, that it would never happen here, we failed to be PROACTIVE...
    now that the legislation has been passed it is TOO LATE...

"I fear that the liberties of our country will be buried
    in the tomb of a great nation." ~~CSA Gen. Robert E. Lee

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.
    Ronald Reagan
    40th president of US (1911 - 2004)

If we do nothing, we can only say we did nothing... George Washington, to his men when apparently facing an inevitable defeat at the hands of the British, that never came to fruition...
    Last edited by Bohemian; 11-27-2008 at 07:45 PM.

Record Sales at Dulles Gun Show... many sold everything they had before the doors even opened...

...like several other gun dealers, hoped to find a supplier online who still had "military style" rifles available.
    But none of the gun manufacturers appeared to have a single "AR-15," a semi-automatic rifle...

McLean Connection - The Connection Newspapers

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast