Gun Shows Before Black Tuesday - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Gun Shows Before Black Tuesday

Quote Originally Posted by Bohemian View Post
    All major firearms manufacturers have STOPPED making LOWER RECEIVERS indefinitely... (the part that gets tracked via NICS, and electronically indexed to your front door, drivers license, social security number...)
    They likely will stop all production of core functionality AR/AK related parts by June 2009, not wanting to be left with warehouses of stock that they can not sell in the foreseeable future...
    [B]...
    Okay, there are several manufacturers of lowers; who made them all stop at once when those still making them could continue to sell until any future gun ban kicks in. Also, many of these manufacturers sell overseas. Search for pictures from the recent events in Georgia and you'll find pictures the Russians posted of warehouses full of Bushmasters being destroyed. If the US market were reduced (not stopped--cops and some others who are 'more equal' will still get them) international sales would remain.

You need to cite a reputable source for this before anybody will believe it. Also, your posts since the election are over on the hysterical side. Please, take a breath and calm down. We need to all work together purposefully and diligently to minimize the damage the next administration can do.
    Last edited by NDS; 11-27-2008 at 09:02 PM.
    People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome.--River Tam

Quote Originally Posted by NDS View Post
    Okay, there are several manufacturers of lowers; who made them all stop at once when those still making them could continue to sell until any future gun ban kicks in. Also, many of these manufacturers sell overseas. Search for pictures from the recent events in Georgia and you'll find pictures the Russians posted of warehouses full of Bushmasters being destroyed. If the US market were reduced (not stopped--cops and some others who are 'more equal' will still get them) international sales would remain.

You need to cite a reputable source for this before anybody will believe it. Also, your posts since the election are over on the hysterical side. Please, take a breath and calm down. We need to all work together purposefully and diligently to minimize the damage the next administration can do.
    Frankly I do not care if anybody believes it; I have provided more then ample sources and facts, links, etc; people can choose to believe what they want to believe...

The Facts are the Facts... Try to buy a stripped lower, there are a couple at 4x the November 3rd rate (and climbing) on gunbroker.com and that's about it...

Try to buy a ar-15,ar-10,mini-14, ak, tactical shotgun, semi-auto anything etc., and you will find the ones still left for sale are going for nearly 3 times (and climbing) the November 3rd price...

Ok, how about Smith & Wesson, DPMS, Bushmaster, Olympic and Stag for starters?
    Or how about the related links I provided previously?
    Or why don't you try to call any manufacturer you can think of; and see if you can get a stripped lower in the foreseeable future...

or call some retail gun stores at random and ask if they have any AR's/AK's, if they don't hang up on you laughing hysterically, they might say something like; you do know who the President Elect and Vice President Elect are don't you?

and the most popular assualt rifle on the planet outside of the u.s. is the ak47/74 and has been over 3 decades...

Or here is some more hysteria for you straight from the horses mouth...arse

Obama: "...I am
    consistently on record and will
    continue to be on record as opposing
    concealed carry."
    Chicago Tribune, April 27, 2004

"My first priority will be to reinstate the assault weapons ban PERMANENTLY as soon as I take office. Within 90 days, we will go back after kitchen table dealers, and work to end the gun show and internet sales loopholes. In the first year, I intend to work with Congress on a national no carry law, 1 gun a month purchase limits, and bans on all semi-automatic guns."
    Barack Obama, VPC Fund Raiser, 2007

Regarding the AWB...
    The NRA has prevented that legislation from getting through congress for the last 8 years, as President, I intend to make it happen...
    Barack Obama, Democratic Primary Debate, 2007

I am hoping for the best, but expecting the worst...

And I will be dammed if I am going to sugar coat anything...

Forewarned is forearmed...
    Last edited by Bohemian; 11-28-2008 at 10:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by toreskha View Post

Obama isn't stupid; ... He's got a good shot at a second term...
    interesting choice of words

Train up a child in the way he should go and when he is old he will not depart from it Prov 22:16 NKJV

Gun Shows Dec 6-7
    Train up a child in the way he should go and when he is old he will not depart from it Prov 22:16 NKJV

wolfhunter Guest
    City: Orlando, FL
    Date: November 29 - 30, 2008
    Show Hours: Sat 9-5 Sun 10-5
    Entry Fee: $9
    FREE PARKING
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    December
    City: Fort Walton Beach, FL
    Date: December 6 - 7, 2008
    Show Hours: 9-5 Sat 10-4 Sun
    Entry Fee: $7
    FREE PARKING
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    City: Tallahassee, FL
    Date: December 13 - 14, 2008
    Show Hours: Sat 9-5 Sun 10-4
    Entry Fee: $7
    FREE PARKING
    City: Jacksonville, FL
    Date: December 27 - 28, 2008
    Entry Fee: $8
    FREE PARKING
    January
    City: Orlando, FL
    Date: January 3 - 4, 2009
    Entry Fee: $9
    FREE PARKING
    City: Miami, FL
    Date: January 17 - 18, 2009
    Entry Fee: $10
    FREE PARKING

I ran into these guys at the Gun Show here in Las Vegas, this weekend, they appear to be
    the only guys anywhere that have stripped lowers on hand and at less then 1/3 the going rate...
    Get um while you can...
    Stripped AR Lowers from $179.95...
    SOG Armory - Quality AR15 parts and M16 parts, AR15 and M16 accessories, AR-15, AR/15, AR 15

Quote Originally Posted by Bohemian View Post
    All major firearms manufacturers have STOPPED making LOWER RECEIVERS indefinitely... (the part that gets tracked via NICS, and electronically indexed to your front door, drivers license, social security number...)
    They likely will stop all production of core functionality AR/AK related parts by June 2009, not wanting to be left with warehouses of stock that they can not sell in the foreseeable future...
    Are you sure about that? That doesn't make sense from a business standpoint. They're flying off the shelves like a swarm of bees right now, so it doesn't make sense to quit making them. Even if an AWB did temporarily kick in, a lower receiver is just a finely crafted piece of metal, not a tuna salad. It can sit in inventory indefinitely, or be sold to law enforcement, foreign militaries, or independent contractors.

Prices will go up again when Obama gets inaugurated, and probably for some time after that - but after everyone has bought all they can handle, the market will be absolutely flooded with stripped lowers. I'll get some then, rather than when prices are at an all-time high.

If it comes down to it, my family owns some old military rifles (an M1 and I've heard rumors about an old Carcano stored away somewhere) that could be cleaned up and used in a SHTF pinch. However, I think I'll be building my own AR this coming summer or fall, and at a very reasonable price.
    Silent Running, by Mike and the Mechanics

Quote Originally Posted by toreskha View Post
    Are you sure about that? That doesn't make sense from a business standpoint. They're flying off the shelves like a swarm of bees right now, so it doesn't make sense to quit making them. Even if an AWB did temporarily kick in, a lower receiver is just a finely crafted piece of metal, not a tuna salad. It can sit in inventory indefinitely, or be sold to law enforcement, foreign militaries, or independent contractors.

Prices will go up again when Obama gets inaugurated, and probably for some time after that - but after everyone has bought all they can handle, the market will be absolutely flooded with stripped lowers. I'll get some then, rather than when prices are at an all-time high.

If it comes down to it, my family owns some old military rifles (an M1 and I've heard rumors about an old Carcano stored away somewhere) that could be cleaned up and used in a SHTF pinch. However, I think I'll be building my own AR this coming summer or fall, and at a very reasonable price.
    In a word... YES, see previous posts in this thread and others, or do your own research and find out for yourself...

DPMS for example has a 8 month plus back order on pre-paid stripped lowers...

the stripped lower is what has the serial number on it and what gets tracked to your front door, drivers license number and social security number thanks to the stinking NICS that we failed to oppose sufficiently...

The last Semi-Auto AWB lasted ten years...

The unconstitutional poison pill full-auto ban, that passed without a recorded vote in congress; has stood for 22 years and counting...

if we are unsuccessful at stopping them; once gun ban obama and company do as they have promised to do in the first quarter of 2009; no private individual will be able to buy or sell at the very least the stripped lower... other parts maybe, nothing with a serial number...

NOBODY/NO BUSINESS is going to sit on a significant capitol expenditure with the hopes of someday being able to sell it; with that someday expected to be ten years best case...

For law enforcement and military; it only makes sense that they would fill those orders on demand; and only a few select U.S. manufacturers have contracts with law enforcement and military to supply weapons of any kind in any kind of quantity for the next 10 years...
    Both Colt and Beretta lost their contracts recently...

If you want to build a AR sometime in the foreseeable future; or can not afford a complete rifle at this time; you should at least buy a stripped lower now...

Previously in this thread I posted a link to a web site from some guys I ran into at the gun show here in Vegas this weekend that are selling some stripped lowers for less then 1/3 the going rate; this is as good as your going to get for the foreseeable future... and likely will not last much longer...

forewarned is forearmed...

Obama: "...I am
    consistently on record and will
    continue to be on record as opposing
    concealed carry."
    Chicago Tribune, April 27, 2004

"My first priority will be to reinstate the assault weapons ban PERMANENTLY as soon as I take office. Within 90 days, we will go back after kitchen table dealers, and work to end the gun show and internet sales loopholes. In the first year, I intend to work with Congress on a national no carry law, 1 gun a month purchase limits, and bans on all semi-automatic guns."
    Barack Obama, VPC Fund Raiser, 2007

Regarding the AWB...
    The NRA has prevented that legislation from getting through congress for the last 8 years, as President, I intend to make it happen...
    Barack Obama, Democratic Primary Debate, 2007

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell
    Last edited by Bohemian; 11-30-2008 at 04:36 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123