America Disarmed - Ammo Confiscation - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19

Thread: America Disarmed - Ammo Confiscation

  1. #11
    I got a nice reply from my state house rep. For Indiana that bill was from the last session and is dead. He also assured me that if it is re-introduced he would oppose it. I like this guy :)
    Taurus PT92
    17+1 9mm

  2.   
  3. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    1,437
    In addition to being expensive and probably ineffective, it's also highly prone to being taken advantage of. Anyone could swap or steal a few rounds from someone else, and the other person probably would not realize they were about to be the subject of a murder investigation.
    Silent Running, by Mike and the Mechanics

  4. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    4,650
    Quote Originally Posted by squisher View Post
    I got a nice reply from my state house rep. For Indiana that bill was from the last session and is dead. He also assured me that if it is re-introduced he would oppose it. I like this guy :)
    Who is your state house rep? I live in Lake County, and Charlie Brown, an avowed anti, is my state rep, so sending him a letter will accomplish absolutely nothing.
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

    Benjamin Franklin

  5. #14

    District 65 house rep

    Quote Originally Posted by squisher View Post
    I sent one to my house rep, Eric Koch.

    ...
    I never did get anything sent to my state senator -- I'm slackin, what with helping my wife take care of the baby.

    Don't say it's worthless to contact them, if they are going to represent your needs/desires, they have to know what your needs/desires are (even if they are a raving anti). Be polite, professional, and use the spell-check :)

    The responses I've gotten seem like they are genuinely interested in what I have to say (<cynic>of course they seem that way...they're politicians</cynic>), but especially at the state level they need to know where we stand. If they start getting more and more comments that are disapproving of the way they have been voting, I can only imagine that they would be doing whatever they could to change their actions or risk getting voted out of office.

    I explained to Rep. Koch that I thought the implementation of the "ammo stamp" would be expensive and cumbersome, as well as costing the consumer more, and criminalizing the hobby (and money savings) of reloading your own.

    I also expressed an interest in becoming more informed about what's happening in politics in general (which is true), and he really seemed to appreciate that. Go figure, I'm going to be an informed voter. (More so than what I was anyway).

    Indiana General Assembly

    Click on "bills and resolutions" on the upper left to see what's in the works. Nothing yet for 2009 since that session hasn't started. 2008 is over, so to see what they did discuss you can hit the archives link in the main section.
    Last edited by squisher; 11-26-2008 at 03:28 PM. Reason: More info
    Taurus PT92
    17+1 9mm

  6. America Disarmed

    If this bill is introduced into the Arizona legislature, the laughter from the Four Corners area to Yuma would get Arizona named the happiest state in the union. Calling Rube Goldberg, they need your advice on streamlining inventions. Plan is not workable.
    A man without a gun is a subject; a man with a gun is a citizen.
    I'll keep my freedom, my guns and my money. You can keep THE CHANGE.
    An armed society is a polite society.

  7. #16
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    4,650
    Quote Originally Posted by squisher View Post
    I never did get anything sent to my state senator -- I'm slackin, what with helping my wife take care of the baby.

    Don't say it's worthless to contact them, if they are going to represent your needs/desires, they have to know what your needs/desires are (even if they are a raving anti). Be polite, professional, and use the spell-check :)

    The responses I've gotten seem like they are genuinely interested in what I have to say (<cynic>of course they seem that way...they're politicians</cynic>), but especially at the state level they need to know where we stand. If they start getting more and more comments that are disapproving of the way they have been voting, I can only imagine that they would be doing whatever they could to change their actions or risk getting voted out of office.

    I explained to Rep. Koch that I thought the implementation of the "ammo stamp" would be expensive and cumbersome, as well as costing the consumer more, and criminalizing the hobby (and money savings) of reloading your own.

    I also expressed an interest in becoming more informed about what's happening in politics in general (which is true), and he really seemed to appreciate that. Go figure, I'm going to be an informed voter. (More so than what I was anyway).

    Indiana General Assembly

    Click on "bills and resolutions" on the upper left to see what's in the works. Nothing yet for 2009 since that session hasn't started. 2008 is over, so to see what they did discuss you can hit the archives link in the main section.
    Sorry I missed that. I've written Charlie several times about various things, and not once have I ever received a response. So much for being accessible.
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

    Benjamin Franklin

  8. #17
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    1,437
    Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post
    Who is your state house rep? I live in Lake County, and Charlie Brown, an avowed anti, is my state rep, so sending him a letter will accomplish absolutely nothing.
    We had a guy here named Jack Daniels who ran for school board and did better than he should have, based mostly on his name. He even did the black, stylized signs last time (they all got stolen - very quickly).
    Last edited by toreskha; 11-27-2008 at 02:13 AM.
    Silent Running, by Mike and the Mechanics

  9. #18

    Gods will

    I am in the military and have always wondered why in the world they would even try this. They know people are just going to find other ways to go areound this and then it opens the door for more whayt they would call then gun crimes i mean come on. If you took my guns i would move to another state and register to carry there if you make my ammo coded i will reload everytrhing i hsad before that and buy from cabelas more brass to reload that isnt coded so come on. And even then what about those people like those wanna be gangbagers that steel ammo from a house they robbed and you use it at a murder you going to hold they buyer of that resposible that is psathetic. i guess what i am saying is that this law makes no since.

  10. The version of the bill introduced in Pa. is essentially dead. The committee it went to ends its session officially on Sunday. The chariman of the committee said it was a pointless bill to begin with and that there was no way it would pass.............lack of support..........lack of ability to properly carry out and enforce, etc. Let's hope this kind of thinking is what happens everywhere and every time this type of legislation gets introduced!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast