America Disarmed - Ammo Confiscation
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: America Disarmed - Ammo Confiscation

America Disarmed - Ammo Confiscation

The bill that is being pushed in 18 states (including Illinois and Indiana)
    requires all ammunition to be encoded by the manufacturer in a data
    base of all ammunition sales. So they will know how much you buy and what
    calibers. Nobody can sell any ammunition after June 30, 2009 unless the
    ammunition is coded.

Any privately held uncoded ammunition must be destroyed by July 1, 2011.
    (Including hand loaded ammo.) They will also charge a .05 cent tax on every
    round so every box of ammo you buy will go up at least $2.50 or more!

If they can deprive you of ammo they do not need to take your gun!

This legislation is currently pending in 18 states: Alabama, Arizona,
    California, Connecticut, Hawaii, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Maryland,
    Mississippi, Missouri, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island,
    South Carolina, Tennessee, and Washington.

To find more about the anti-gun group that is sponsoring this legislation
    and the specific legislation for each state, go to:
    Legislation

If we do nothing, we can only say we did nothing...

The bill was actually shot down here in PRHI. Only person who submitted testimony in favor of the bill was the company that would be supplying the encoding machines. Even the local police chiefs were against the bill. I actually met with one of the legislators that supported the bill and showed him a small zip top bag of #7.5 bird shot. I asked him if the machine would be able to encode every piece of birdshot that goes into a .410 shot shell. He insisted that the bill was intended only for handgun ammo. I was hoping he would say that, at which point I produced a photo of the "Taurus Judge", along with the specs of the handgun. Needless to say, he was a little annoyed, but my visit along with several other "pro 2A" types helped put the issue to bed.

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

I hope Texas tells them to take their legislation and stick it where the sun don't shine.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

I didn't know anything about this. Even the anti groups like the Bradys (which I keep close tabs on, by the way) haven't mentioned a word about this. Maybe they're hoping that being silent about it means it won't be on the NRA or GOA's radar. This must be defeated!
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post
    I didn't know anything about this. Even the anti groups like the Bradys (which I keep close tabs on, by the way) haven't mentioned a word about this. Maybe they're hoping that being silent about it means it won't be on the NRA or GOA's radar. This must be defeated!
    I think that even the "anti" folks have some sense. By requiring all ammo to be serial numbered, it would cause a major SNAFU. Think about the military and LE agencies that would have to get a very large quantity of new ammo. Who's gonna pay for this? It will be "us" as taxpayers. Even if they pass some type of "military & LE" exemption like they did with the hi-cap magazines, it won't eliminate your average citizen from purchasing ammo. How will they check to see that the base of the "projectile" is properly "serialized". Sure they could pull a few heads from your box of ammo, but this would mess up the ammo, and who's to say that there wasn't some SNAFU at the manufacturing plant and some "Military & LE" ammo got mixed in with the civilian stuff. There are too many variables for this law to be practical.

C'mon, the extremely anti-gun folks here in PRHI shot down the measure. That's gotta tell you something.

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

What a bunch of BS!!!! I'm calling my senator today!!!

This is very scary. I am not sure about the status of it here in TN. I know back during the spring I sent an email to my representative asking him to oppose it.
    David

The only person available to protect you 24 hours a day is you.

Quote Originally Posted by DrDavidM View Post
    This is very scary. I am not sure about the status of it here in TN. I know back during the spring I sent an email to my representative asking him to oppose it.
    I just sent an email to my senator, the honorable Jeff Sessions(R), asking him to oppose as well.

I sent one to my house rep, Eric Koch.

State Senator will get a message tonight.

I am continuing some correspondence with my Congressman, and will be contacting my US Senator soon I hope. They represent us, so it helps to let them know what we think, yeah?
    Taurus PT92
    17+1 9mm

This has been introduced and shot down in a number of states. I'm not sure which states still have pending legislation.
    "When the outflow exceeds the inflow, the upkeep becomes the downfall"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast