Ron Paul moves to limit Executive power
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ron Paul moves to limit Executive power

Ron Paul moves to limit Executive power

Ron Paul is my hero... I really love this guy.

On October 15, 2007, Rep. Ron Paul (R-TX) introduced the American Freedom Agenda Act of 2007 (H.R. 3835). This important piece of legislation would reverse many of the Constitutional abuses that have occurred over the past six years.

The American Freedom Agenda Act would bar the use of evidence obtained through torture; require that federal intelligence gathering is conducted in accordance with the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA); create a mechanism for challenging presidential signing statements; repeal the Military Commissions Act, which, among other things, denies habeas corpus to certain detainees; prohibit kidnapping, detentions, and torture abroad; protect journalists who publish information received from the executive branch; and ensure that secret evidence is not used to designate individuals or organizations with a presence in the U.S. as foreign terrorists.

Truth is mighty and will prevail. There is nothing the matter with this, except that it ain't so.

-Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by ishi View Post
    Ron Paul is my hero... I really love this guy.

ensure that secret evidence is not used to designate individuals or organizations with a presence in the U.S. as foreign terrorists.

That last sentence is one I disagree with. We gotta ignore foreign terrorists in the U.S?

I don't think so!

Quote Originally Posted by Puppy View Post
    That last sentence is one I disagree with. We gotta ignore foreign terrorists in the U.S?

I don't think so!
    'secret evidence' is the key phrase here. If there is evidence that would show that someone living legally in the US is a terrorist, the accused has the right to see the evidence and challenge it. It's the 6th amendment.

Is this inconvenient for law enforcement? Perhaps. The Bill of Rights does have the tendency to inconvenience law enforcement, but it's not there to ensure convenience, but to ensure liberty.
    Last edited by ishi; 10-19-2007 at 11:49 AM.
    Truth is mighty and will prevail. There is nothing the matter with this, except that it ain't so.

-Mark Twain

Only thing I like about him is his 2nd Ammendment stuff.
    Every time I hear him talk though, he sounds like a Democrat.
    XD9SC,Taurus 85
    Remington 870,SKS
    Nevada CCW
    Utah CCW

I would vote for him over most of the other candadates. Most of the others on both sides of the isle are just puppets for the New World Order.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

The more I hear abt this guy, the more I like..I sure am not impressed with any of the others that are running, except maybe for Fred and unless Ron Paul drops out, Fred would be my other option.
    DrLewall
    "Doc"
    Drakes Creeks, AR
    www.kiltsrock.com
    "A gun unloaded and cocked aint good for nuttin!"--Rooster Cogburn

Thumbs up RE: Ron Paul moves to limit Executive power...

I disagree with Ron Paul and this one...

These terrorists are of a fundamentally different mindset and have been indoctrinated from childhood in their churches, schools, homes and on TV & Radio, and elsewhere to value death above all else...

We value life, liberty, pursuit of happiness, and freedom above all else...

There is no negotiation or political solution with these people, torture is the only thing they understand...
    And the continued humiliation of keeping them alive, and captive is a much better sentence then death; only in death does their life have any meaning...

BELIEVE IT, Torturing the terrorists of today has saved lives, these particular constitutional concessions are but a small price to pay for not fighting the terrorists in our own backyard; having them poison our water supplies, blow up our kids schools, et. al.

TRUST ME, when I tell you that when they capture our people, the Geneva convention is the last thing on their minds...

Any body whom tortures and or humiliates these terrorists deserves a medal...

I respect Ron Paul for being known as "Dr. No" when it comes to changes to the constitution; but he comes off as a separatist and a isolationist when he starts talking about isolating the U.S. from the rest of the world and only fight battles on U.S. soil...
    Basically, let these terrorists train, plan in private, unmolested for future attacks...

W. Bush may have his faults, but he is the first President in U.S. history to have the intestinal fortitude to take a proactive approach to terrorism..
    And not wait for them to come to us first...
    There is no negotiation with terrorists...

I do not agree with him on immigration, but on his proactive approach to terrorism and for not backing down from his position; I respect him tremendously...

AND I support the line item veto...

Its been proven an effective way to make progress in spite of Uber liberal left wing nut job democrats...

Disappointed in second amendment sell-out Fred Thompson? conservatives are choosing Huckabee...
    http://www.mikehuckabee.com/

Mike Huckabee on the issues...
    http://www.mikehuckabee.com/index.cf...on=Issues.Home

Last edited by Bohemian; 10-19-2007 at 10:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohemian View Post
    Any body whom tortures and or humiliates these terrorists deserves a medal...

"He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze long into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."

-Nietzsche

-Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by ishi View Post
    "He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze long into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."

-Nietzsche
    Those whom have seen what I have seen, first hand understand...

War has always been the grand sagacity of every spirit which has grown too inward and too profound; its curative power lies even in the wounds one receives.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Regardless of the philosophical differences, the fact remains that we have to make a decision, and soon. You can vote your heart if you want, but votes spread across Paul, Huckabee, Thompson, et al., are going to dilute our power. We discussed this on NJCSD.org some time ago and got nowhere, and perhaps the same will happen here. We'll see. But if we make a decision to vote for one candidate, and stand by it despite our personal misgivings, we'll get more leverage. Eventually, we'll be left with a nominee instead of a candidate and our decisions will be more focussed by default, but in the meantime, some of us will have to bite the bullet so the whole of us can benefit. I'm willing...what about you? How 'bout we start a forum where we make this decision and pledge to live by it?

For myself, I'm torn between Thompson and Huckabee. I'm not adverse to Isolationism [one of the planks of the Ektarr for President platform is to pull back ALL our troops and withdraw all our foreign aid except for those people who either actively support us or promise to...and then DO it!], but some of Ron Paul's other positions concern me although I appreciate his intensity. In the end, maybe what we need is someone like him, an over-the-top strict Constitutionalist to make things start swinging back the other way.

I'm also not adverse to "Torture", because what we view as torture is kids' stuff compared to what they do, and are willing to do, to us. Carter stuck it up our butts when he pulled the teeth from the CIA or we wouldn't need to be talking about this.

Whatever we decide, Let's Decide It Together, and stand by it!! Let's make a statement that'll get some attention and make something happen!! Let Change begin HERE!

Whaddaya say?
    NRA Life; GOA Life; CCRKBA Life; Trustee, NJCSD; F&AM: 32 & KT
    The Only Answer to a Bad Guy with a Gun - Is a Good Guy with a Gun!
    When Seconds Count...The Police are only MINUTES Away!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast