Concealed Carry On Campus

Thread: Concealed Carry On Campus

Concealed Carry On Campus

While researching another 2A related subject I found the following site concerning concealed carry on campus. It's list the most popular arguments against it and then gives facts debunking the arguments.

Answers to the Most Common Arguments Against Concealed Carry on College Campuses

Good stuff. thanks for posting it.

Of all the dumb excuses the following one really stands out to me.

Argument: "In an active shooter scenario like the one that occurred at Virginia Tech, a student or faculty member with a gun would only make things worse."
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

I thoroughly enjoyed reading this, especially the last quote:

"The concerns I had - with more guns on the street, folks may be more apt to square off against one another with weapons - we haven't experienced that." -- Charlotte-Mecklenburg, NC, Police Chief Dennis Nowicki, The News and Observer, 11/24/97***

He was thinking that citizens with concealed carry equated to more guns on the street? How naive! Glad he saw the light of day. I could have used this web page for backup in my latest online 2A discussion.
    Last edited by gdcleanfun; 12-05-2008 at 12:27 PM.

RE: Concealed on Campus Web site

I have been watching this web site for some time now. I fond them via FAcebook. I have my CPL for almost two years and not a big fan of PFZs. I am 61, an engineer and have to go back to school to "Update my Skills". That means leaving my good friend Beretta at home. Even being a Marine, I do not feel I could do well against a couple teenagers anymore. Hate getting old!

Maybe we can install a gun check room, Like a coat check!?
    Semper Fi

Quote Originally Posted by ricbak View Post
    I have been watching this web site for some time now. I fond them via FAcebook. I have my CPL for almost two years and not a big fan of PFZs. I am 61, an engineer and have to go back to school to "Update my Skills". That means leaving my good friend Beretta at home. Even being a Marine, I do not feel I could do well against a couple teenagers anymore. Hate getting old!

Maybe we can install a gun check room, Like a coat check!?
    If I recall correctly, there are some campuses in Utah or Colorado that allow concealed carry. Maybe you might like to look into them for your continuing education?