Bush Pardons Have Common Thread - Guns
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bush Pardons Have Common Thread - Guns

Bush Pardons Have Common Thread - Guns

President Bush pardoned several people recently. All nonviolent and most stated in their reason for requesting a pardon was to regain their 2A rights. He may have made some mistakes, after all he's human, but this isn't one of them.

Bush pardons have common thread: Gun ownership | Gainesville.com | The Gainesville Sun | Gainesville, FL

He needs to pardon those two border agents, Compean and Ramos who were arrested, tried and convicted for doing their job!

Unfortunately with Senators like Lautenberg we won't see reasonable changes to the GCA of 1968.

Non-violent felons should automatically have their civil rights restored after five years of sentence completion.
    Know the law; don't ask, don't tell.
    NRA & UT Certified Instructor; CT, FL, NH, NV, OR, PA & UT CCW Holder
    Happy new 1984; 25 years behind schedule. Send lawyers, guns and money...the SHTF...

Quote Originally Posted by netentity View Post
    Unfortunately with Senators like Lautenberg we won't see reasonable changes to the Gun Control Act of 1968
    Very true. Gun owners need to more aggressively target state offices.
    Non-violent felons should automatically have their civil rights restored after five years of sentence completion.
    Sorry, automatic revocation of rights should not exist. Gun ownership should be part of sentencing and done on a case-by-case basis. The 'cookie-cutter / one-size-fits-all' law and sentencing that has become so popular is immoral.
    People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome.--River Tam

What we need is fewer felonies on the books...When a 19 year old has consensual sex with a 17 year old, that is a felony...Our problem is we have too many laws! We need fewer laws that have real meaning and are enforced.
    Last edited by FreedomsAdvocate; 12-08-2008 at 12:10 AM.
    - FreedomsAdvocate
    Citizenship ought to be reserved for those who carry arms. - Aristotle
    My latest article on Associated Content

Quote Originally Posted by FreedomsAdvocate View Post
    What we need is fewer felonies on the books...When a 19 year old has consensual sex with a 17 year old, that is a felony...Our problem is we have too many laws! We need fewer laws that have real meaning and are enforced.
    I agree concerning the age differences for statutory rape. Some states do also and have changed their laws adding an age difference, 3 years as an average. However, when it comes to violent crimes (murder, forcible rape, etc.) I support banning ownership of guns since these individuals have already demonstrated they care nothing about the rights of others.

8. Bush Pardons

I totally agree with Glockster on Campeon and Ramos. Here are two Border Patrol officers who do their job, which, by the way is laid out for them. and they are prosecuted and imprisoned for doing it, while the scumbag wetback dope smuggler is allowed to run back and forth across the border as much as he wishes. something is terribly rotten in the state of Denmark, indeed. They have the functions of the criminal and the officer reversed here, and it needs to be corrected.
    A man without a gun is a subject; a man with a gun is a citizen.
    I'll keep my freedom, my guns and my money. You can keep THE CHANGE.
    An armed society is a polite society.

Don't know how much good it will do but, if you think Ramos and Campeon should be pardoned, take a look at the following:

Imperitive That George Bush Pardons Ramos and Campeon! Michigan Redneck II

Originally Posted by ronwill:
    I agree concerning the age differences for statutory rape. Some states do also and have changed their laws adding an age difference, 3 years as an average. However, when it comes to violent crimes (murder, forcible rape, etc.) I support banning ownership of guns since these individuals have already demonstrated they care nothing about the rights of others.
    That is what I mean when I say 'real meaning'. We need simple, straightforward laws that everyone can understand, and which are based on a definitive harm to an individual or group.

An example: North Carolina, sometime last year. Guy goes in to rob a convenience store. Shoots himself in the balls with a M1911 before he even gets into the store. He is charged with--if I recall correctly--7 different charges, including--get this--Using 'a weapon of mass-destruction'. An M1911?

We have felonies for prostitution, use of pot, everything else under the sun. Why? These are victim-less crimes and they are felonies. We are MAKING criminals. If society does not like something, and they think they need the state-exclusive use of force to enforce it, then maybe make it a misdemeanor, but most are felonies.

We have over 65,000 pages of just Federal laws. Most all are felonies. Too many laws simply makes more criminals. Something legal last year is illegal this year. Do we really 'discover' that many more crimes each year?

Sorry to go on a rant....
    Last edited by FreedomsAdvocate; 12-08-2008 at 07:07 PM.
    - FreedomsAdvocate
    Citizenship ought to be reserved for those who carry arms. - Aristotle
    My latest article on Associated Content

Quote Originally Posted by wuzfuz View Post
    I totally agree with Glockster on Campeon and Ramos. Here are two Border Patrol officers who do their job, which, by the way is laid out for them. and they are prosecuted and imprisoned for doing it, while the scumbag wetback dope smuggler is allowed to run back and forth across the border as much as he wishes. something is terribly rotten in the state of Denmark, indeed. They have the functions of the criminal and the officer reversed here, and it needs to be corrected.
    Below is a link to a petition that I have already signed.

Two U.S. Border Patrol Agents are serving decade long
    prison terms for attempting to apprehend a known drug
    smuggler for illegally crossing our border with more than
    700lbs. of drugs!

Almost as outrageous is that the illegal alien drug
    smuggler, who was given free medical care, and immunity
    for testifying against the agents is now suing the U.S. for
    $5 million--claiming his civil rights were violated!

I have just signed a petition calling for the President
    to pardon these two Border Agents and I'm asking you to
    join with me by clicking here for the full story and the petition:

GrassFire.org - Real Impact Online.
    Thanks!

Glockster.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast