Who do you like for President in 2008? - Page 10
Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Who do you like for President in 2008?

1. response to Ektarr

Correct me if I misread your post. Perhaps you can clearify it for me, but it sounds like a " We have to vote for the lesser of two evils" approach as opposed to voting for who you agree with on the issues etc.
    Because alot of people here have been talking about Huckabee, I read up on him and I found him to be to Christian (what ever happened to separation of church and state?), almost to the point of fanatic. That, and the fact that he let a known rapist out of jail because he was pressured by Baptist ministers who claimed the rapist was in jail only because he raped a distant cousin of Bill Clinton, seems to be the making of a weak man.
    I am sure all the canidates have some criminal in their past who they spoke up for and who later went on to commit more crime. The thing with Huck is that he is to close to the his church and he allows that to influence his decision making. What other governments in the world today can we think of that have a similar setup....Hmmm, maybe all the ones who want to bomb us. Church and state, not a good mix.

Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    Paul is the only candidate that ever talks about the Federal Reserve or the unconstitutional IRS. If you don't get rid of these there is no real chance of any real change. The rest either don't get it or don't want to.

http://www.cbn.com/CBNnews/289814.aspx

Not true- Huckabee has made it part of his campaign platform by stating more than emphatically that among the first things he would do as President is "get rid of the IRS" and put then for the most part on the unemployment line. He would then replace the IRS with a consumption or fair tax system.
    MΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Irs, Federal reserve

Quote Originally Posted by doublenutz View Post
    Not true- Huckabee has made it part of his campaign platform by stating more than emphatically that among the first things he would do as President is "get rid of the IRS" and put then for the most part on the unemployment line. He would then replace the IRS with a consumption or fair tax system.
    I stand corrected on the IRS question. Do You know if he has addressed the Federal Reserve issue? If any one is interested there is a real good book on the federal reserve that I would recommend. It is The Creature from Jekyll Island by G. Eward Griffin.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

To Christian

Quote Originally Posted by eluno View Post
    Correct me if I misread your post. Perhaps you can clearify it for me, but it sounds like a " We have to vote for the lesser of two evils" approach as opposed to voting for who you agree with on the issues etc.
    Because alot of people here have been talking about Huckabee, I read up on him and I found him to be to Christian (what ever happened to separation of church and state?), almost to the point of fanatic. That, and the fact that he let a known rapist out of jail because he was pressured by Baptist ministers who claimed the rapist was in jail only because he raped a distant cousin of Bill Clinton, seems to be the making of a weak man.
    I am sure all the canidates have some criminal in their past who they spoke up for and who later went on to commit more crime. The thing with Huck is that he is to close to the his church and he allows that to influence his decision making. What other governments in the world today can we think of that have a similar setup....Hmmm, maybe all the ones who want to bomb us. Church and state, not a good mix.

My fear is not that he is to Christian, I am a born again believer myself. And as far as Separation of church and state, that term is no where to be found in the constitution. What I do worry about is if he or anyone else claims to be a Christian to get elected and turns out to be a wolf in sheeps clothing. I voted once for someone that claimed to be a Christian and we got Jimmy Carter so I am a little dubious sometimes when anyone starts using that term loosely.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

6. Amendment I
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

The exact phrase "separation of church and state" is not in the constitution, but why do you think they adressed the issue in the very first amenddment to the constitution.
    People do learn from their mistakes. And the mistakes of their forfathers if they know history( I am not implying that you don't, I'm just trying to make my point). Thomas Jefferson lived at a time referred to as "The Enlightened Period" and yes it had it's problems(slavery, not very enlightened, but hey, I cut them a break with the learning curve thing going on.), but keep in mind that period was a reaction to the Middle Ages or Dark Ages. What was going on then? The Church, was influencing governments (Kingdoms) all over Europe and it helped lead to a whole lot of misery. If you are in favor of any kind of religion and politics mix, you are not thinking it thru. Religions work best when they help people deal with the pain that can occur in life on an individual level with a pastor, rabi, priest, or whatever counseling a member. What works great for a church community works great for them because people in that community are drawn to that church. The mistake is often made when church leaders apply the same logic to the nation (look at Jerry Falwell).
    Just because separtion of church and state is not mentioned is not an open invitation to combine church and state. Our system is based on checks and balances. The state and the church both do wonderful things within their own right and at times they both really screw things up with in their own right. It is at that time that the other should step up and call attention to the screw up. If we have a combined church and state, we loose the ability to do that. Who will check the other if they are both in the same bed.
    Back to Huck: He is to religious. I feel his judgement would be shortsided.

Correct me if I misread your post. Perhaps you can clearify it for me, but it sounds like a " We have to vote for the lesser of two evils" approach
    I don't think I said that at all, and I'm at a loss as to how you come to that conclusion.

If anything, I'm advocating a "Best Person" choice, with the Better of the Best coming from the Republican side. In my humble opinion, the Democrat choices...all of them...represent Marxist views that give me the creeps! Their support of social programs which raise taxes and reinforce the 'victimization' of our society is disgusting and reprehensible and I, personally, believe they represent an Anti-American agenda, consciously or not.

Of the Republicans, the choices narrow considerably when held to a hard Conservative yardstick. If we take away a few of the obvious:

McCain: There is no way on God's earth that the author of McCain-Feingold can be considered a Conservative in any way. A war hero? Absolutely. A good man? Certainly. Well-meaning? Probably . . . but "the road to Hell...".

Giuliani: A RINO (Republican In Name Only) who has demonstrated his anti-gun, Liberal, pro-Illegal Immigrant side for years and has only recently decided that The Road to the White House lies in being a Conservative. He was good for us during 9/11 and gave us encouragement and inspiration, but that doesn't make him good Presidential timber and he's no Conservative. He's switched his positions on guns, partial-birth abortion, immigration, and civil unions, in each case moving to the Conservative side. Too convenient. Flipped hard on the Immigrant issue after creating a sanctuary in NY City. He also initiated legal action against firearms manufacturers.

Romney: I couldn't care less about his religion, I don't feel the man is a genuine Conservative. He comes from the most Liberal State with the most Liberal legislature. If anything, he's a 'born again' Conservative and is getting by on his appearance...he's very telegenic, and I think this is working to his advantage. He has a very clear pro-choice history and, although he says he see the error of his way in this regard, I'm not convinced it's enough to make the leap to selecting Supreme Court judges who'll carry the day in Roe v. Wade. He's also changed positions on guns, immigration, and the Employment Non-Discrimination Act.

Thompson: I like Fred Thompson, and his Conservatism is more firmly rooted than his counterparts. Although he used to be pro-choice, he has otherwise good credentials. His age is against him...I see him getting tired too easily...but he has an easy, John Wayne-ey kind of way of delivering his message that - I feel - makes him a scary proposition for the world. Not necessarily a bad thing!

Tancredo: Not a viable contender in my view. Flipped on the war (first yes, then no) on the basis of WMD, and has a definite Democrat streak (insecure about the troop increase [it's working like a charm!] and talking about pulling out).

Paul: Hardcore Conservative (Libertarian?), but I have issues with his stand on the war (a pullout advocate). His positions on the Constitution are unassailable but his intensity borders on fanaticism and may put voters off. In the end, I may have to bite the bullet and live with his non-interventionism...not a terrible thing in a world view, but I cringe at the idea of walking away from our stated commitment to the Iraqis. It's OK if we never get involved in crap like this again, but we should finish what we started here honorably and with success. I agree with getting out of the U.N. and pulling our foreign aid, at least from those countries who don't appreciate it. He seems to have the longest record of consistency.

Huckabee: Talks a Conservative line, but allowed convicted felons to walk with a pardon program. Had tax issues in Arkansas which may raise their head again in the Whilte House, and seems to be soft on Immigration. I'm not a fan of his tax plan, since I've read and heard commentaries about its shortcomings. Although he is the only one (as has been so well pointed out on these pages) who holds a Carry Permit, so does Donald Trump, Howard Stern, Robert De Niro, Joan Rivers and other "Hollywood" types. I believe Diane Feinstein, Barbra Streisand and Barbara Boxer have also been named in that category. I don't see them as bastions of Conservative thought, so I don't see that as a criteria, although it's not a bad thing.

In any event, what I suggested was not that we select the "lesser of two evils", but that we all make the same selection and work to get that selection elected. What we need, between here and there, is a dialog that well bring us to a common conclusion and then commit to that decision, hell or high water.

I don't see a problem with that, other than the difficulty of getting someone to give up on his favorite to support the agreed-upon best choice for us. Do you?
    Last edited by Ektarr; 12-20-2007 at 08:50 PM.
    NRA Life; GOA Life; CCRKBA Life; Trustee, NJCSD; F&AM: 32 & KT
    The Only Answer to a Bad Guy with a Gun - Is a Good Guy with a Gun!
    When Seconds Count...The Police are only MINUTES Away!

Personally,I would like to see Duncan Hunter in the oval orifice.I have read a little about him on his campaign website.And I have talked to his campaign staff.I like his stance on immigration.I like his stance on guns.I like his stance on the Constitution.I like his stance on pretty much all f the issues that are important to me.After him I would go for,in this order,Fred Thompson,John McCain.I won't vote for Giuliani.He is a liberal in sheep's clothing.But I will be absolutely clear here.I would vote for a wild baboon before I would vote for Hitlery Rotton Cliton.

:)

echo_5 Guest

Thumbs up

Huckabee in '08 !

What democrats running for President have a record of selling us out on the Second Amendment?
    ALL OF THEM.

What republicans running for President have a record of selling us out on the Second Amendment, despite claiming to be members of the NRA and supporters of the Second Amendment?
    Mitt Romney
    Rudy Giuliani
    Fred Thompson
    Ron Paul
    John McCain
    Tom Tancredo - (dropped out)

What democrats running for President have a record of selling us out on immigration, visas, amnesty, border security?
    ALL OF THEM

What republicans running for President have a record of selling us out on immigration, visas, amnesty, border security?
    Mitt Romney
    Rudy Giuliani
    Fred Thompson
    Ron Paul
    John McCain

What democrats running for President have promised to raise taxes?
    ALL OF THEM

What republicans running for President have promised to cut a tax or two?
    ALL BUT Mike Huckabee & Duncan Hunter.

What canidates in any party have promised to ABOLISH THE IRS?
    Mike Huckabee & Duncan Hunter.

What democrats running for President have a record of flip-flopping, waffling, pandering, ridiculous pork spending and hypocrisy?
    ALL OF THEM

What republicans running for President have a record of flip-flopping, waffling, pandering, ridiculous pork spending and hypocrisy?
    Mitt Romney (The Truth About Mitt Romney: http://www.mormonagenda.com/)
    Rudy Giuliani
    Fred Thompson
    Ron Paul
    John McCain

While Ron Paul voted un-compassionately against aid for Hurricane Katrina victims Mike Huckabee was the only Government official or agency commended for his response & record regarding aid to Hurricane Katrina victims.

"No candidate has a stronger, more consistent record on Second Amendment rights than I do. Our Founding Fathers, having endured the tyranny of the British Empire, wanted to guarantee our God-given liberties. They devised our three branches of government and our system of checks and balances. But they were still concerned that the system could fail, and that we might someday face a new tyranny from our own government. They wanted us to be able to defend ourselves, and that's why they gave us the Second Amendment." - Mike Huckabee

"The First Amendment requires that expressions of faith be neither prohibited nor preferred. We should not banish religion from the public square, but should guarantee access to all voices and views. We should share and debate our faith, but never seek to impose it. When discussing faith and politics, we should honor the "candid" in candidate - I have much more respect for an honest atheist than a disingenuous believer." - Mike Huckabee

Educate yourself on the Fair Tax:
    http://www.FairTax.org/
    Read the FairTax book by Neal Boortz & Congressman John Linderman.
    Under the M.I.T. engineered and designed Fair Tax Initiative, if implemented under Mike Huckabee; WILL ABOLISH THE IRS!
    Moreover, no longer will drug dealers, the rich, illegal aliens, princes of Saudi Arabia and other foreign nationals be able to avoid paying taxes.
    Check out the new Huck & Chuck videos on the Fair Tax & Iraq:
    http://www.mikehuckabee.com/?FuseAction=Blogs.Home

"I believe that every child should have the opportunity for a quality education that teaches the fundamental skills needed to compete in a global economy." - Mike Huckabee

"I will take our country back for those who belong here. No open borders, no amnesty, no sanctuary, no false Social Security numbers, no driver's licenses for illegals." Mike Huckabee

To clarify the one and only thing immigration wise that has been attempted to be used against Mike Huckabee by flip-flopping waffle-man Mitt Romney and others is the misleading and false statements that Mike Huckabee gave preferential treatment and scholarships to children of illegal aliens...
    Total fabrication...

In a nutshell...
    Mike Huckabee PROPOSED a merit based college scholarship for ANY student in the state of Arkansas that had a 3.7 or greater G.P.A. AND had been in the Arkansas school system for 12 years AND was either a U.S. Citizen OR had ALREADY applied for U.S. Citizenship.
    At the time this would have given about 30 students in the entire state of Arkansas eligibility...
    It did not make it through the Arkansas Democrat Congress...

I too like Duncan Hunter, but he does not have ANY executive experience, I think he would make a great vice President for Mike Huckabee.

While most canidates are talking left or right liberal or moderate or conservative, in other words horizontal politics which have a record of being counter productive. Mike Huckabee would like to bring a new age of vertical politics to the table...

"Everywhere I go on the campaign trail, I meet voters with a real thirst for a healthy discussion of the issues. Ultimately, people don't care whether an issue comes from the left or the right. What they want to talk about are ideas that lift America up and make us better. It's what I call 'Vertical Politics' " - Mike Huckabee
    http://www.mikehuckabee.com/index.cf...rticalDay.Home

Read the facts about the baseless and misleading false attacks on Mike Huckabee by Mitt Romney and others:
    http://www.mikehuckabee.com/?FuseAction=TruthSquad.Home
    Mike Huckabee remains the most Authentic, Consistent, Compassionate and Experienced candidate running from any party...

Mike Huckabee on the issues:
    http://www.mikehuckabee.com/?FuseAction=Issues.Home

http://www.mikehuckabee.com/
    Last edited by Bohemian; 12-28-2007 at 11:32 AM.

My choice

Quote Originally Posted by Bohemian View Post
    What democrats running for President have a record of selling us out on the Second Amendment?
    ALL OF THEM.

What republicans running for President have a record of selling us out on the Second Amendment, despite claiming to be members of the NRA and supporters of the Second Amendment?
    Mitt Romney
    Rudy Giuliani
    Fred Thompson
    Ron Paul
    John McCain
    Tom Tancredo - (dropped out)

What democrats running for President have a record of selling us out on immigration, visas, amnesty, border security?
    ALL OF THEM

What republicans running for President have a record of selling us out on immigration, visas, amnesty, border security?
    Mitt Romney
    Rudy Giuliani
    Fred Thompson
    Ron Paul
    John McCain

What democrats running for President have promised to raise taxes?
    ALL OF THEM

What republicans running for President have promised to cut a tax or two?
    ALL BUT Mike Huckabee & Duncan Hunter.

What canidates in any party have promised to ABOLISH THE IRS?
    Mike Huckabee & Duncan Hunter.

What democrats running for President have a record of flip-flopping, waffling, pandering, ridiculous pork spending and hypocrisy?
    ALL OF THEM

What republicans running for President have a record of flip-flopping, waffling, pandering, ridiculous pork spending and hypocrisy?
    Mitt Romney (The Truth About Mitt Romney: http://www.mormonagenda.com/)
    Rudy Giuliani
    Fred Thompson
    Ron Paul
    John McCain

While Ron Paul voted un-compassionately against aid for Hurricane Katrina victims Mike Huckabee was the only Government official or agency commended for his response & record regarding aid to Hurricane Katrina victims.

"No candidate has a stronger, more consistent record on Second Amendment rights than I do. Our Founding Fathers, having endured the tyranny of the British Empire, wanted to guarantee our God-given liberties. They devised our three branches of government and our system of checks and balances. But they were still concerned that the system could fail, and that we might someday face a new tyranny from our own government. They wanted us to be able to defend ourselves, and that's why they gave us the Second Amendment." - Mike Huckabee

"The First Amendment requires that expressions of faith be neither prohibited nor preferred. We should not banish religion from the public square, but should guarantee access to all voices and views. We should share and debate our faith, but never seek to impose it. When discussing faith and politics, we should honor the "candid" in candidate - I have much more respect for an honest atheist than a disingenuous believer." - Mike Huckabee

Educate yourself on the Fair Tax:
    http://www.FairTax.org/
    Read the FairTax book by Neal Boortz & Congressman John Linderman.
    Under the M.I.T. engineered and designed Fair Tax Initiative, if implemented under Mike Huckabee; WILL ABOLISH THE IRS!
    Moreover, no longer will drug dealers, the rich, illegal aliens, princes of Saudi Arabia and other foreign nationals be able to avoid paying taxes.
    Check out the new Huck & Chuck videos on the Fair Tax & Iraq:
    http://www.mikehuckabee.com/?FuseAction=Blogs.Home

"I believe that every child should have the opportunity for a quality education that teaches the fundamental skills needed to compete in a global economy." - Mike Huckabee

"I will take our country back for those who belong here. No open borders, no amnesty, no sanctuary, no false Social Security numbers, no driver's licenses for illegals." Mike Huckabee

To clarify the one and only thing immigration wise that has been attempted to be used against Mike Huckabee by flip-flopping waffle-man Mitt Romney and others is the misleading and false statements that Mike Huckabee gave preferential treatment and scholarships to children of illegal aliens...
    Total fabrication...

In a nutshell...
    Mike Huckabee PROPOSED a merit based college scholarship for ANY student in the state of Arkansas that had a 3.7 or greater G.P.A. AND had been in the Arkansas school system for 12 years AND was either a U.S. Citizen OR had ALREADY applied for U.S. Citizenship.
    At the time this would have given about 30 students in the entire state of Arkansas eligibility...
    It did not make it through the Arkansas Democrat Congress...

I too like Duncan Hunter, but he does not have ANY executive experience, I think he would make a great vice President for Mike Huckabee.

While most canidates are talking left or right liberal or moderate or conservative, in other words horizontal politics which have a record of being counter productive. Mike Huckabee would like to bring a new age of vertical politics to the table...

"Everywhere I go on the campaign trail, I meet voters with a real thirst for a healthy discussion of the issues. Ultimately, people don't care whether an issue comes from the left or the right. What they want to talk about are ideas that lift America up and make us better. It's what I call 'Vertical Politics' " - Mike Huckabee
    http://www.mikehuckabee.com/index.cf...rticalDay.Home

Read the facts about the baseless and misleading false attacks on Mike Huckabee by Mitt Romney and others:
    http://www.mikehuckabee.com/?FuseAction=TruthSquad.Home
    Mike Huckabee remains the most Authentic, Consistent, Compassionate and Experienced candidate running from any party...

Mike Huckabee on the issues:
    http://www.mikehuckabee.com/?FuseAction=Issues.Home

http://www.mikehuckabee.com/

[B]Ron Paul has called for doing away with the IRS and Federal Reserve. He has called for this long before running for president. None of the others as far as I know have a clue as to the evil the Federal Reserve presents. The following site is a good choice to check out his positions.

[/Bhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political_positions_of_Ron_Paul]

Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast