Who do you like for President in 2008? - Page 16
Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Who do you like for President in 2008?

Actually,I believe Duncan Hunter is.I just wonder if he is well-known and popular enough to get the nomination,and subsequestly the oval orifice.
    Give everybody guns.
    Natural selection will cull out the idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by Brainchild View Post
    Actually,I believe Duncan Hunter is.I just wonder if he is well-known and popular enough to get the nomination,and subsequestly the oval orifice.

Duncan Hunter IS WHAT?

Ah,yes,I supposes I should have used a quote in that one.
    Here it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohemian View Post
    Mike Huckabee remains the most Authentic, Consistent, Compassionate, and Experienced canidate running for President from any party...
    And here is where I would say,I think Duncan Hunter is (all of the above).
    I am not being down on Huckabee,I just think Hunter is of equal or greater value as a leader.
    Give everybody guns.

Quote Originally Posted by Brainchild View Post
    Ah,yes,I supposes I should have used a quote in that one.
    Here it is.

And here is where I would say,I think Duncan Hunter is (all of the above).
    I am not being down on Huckabee,I just think Hunter is of equal or greater value as a leader.
    I have nothing against Duncan Hunter, but respectfully he has absolutely no executive experience whatsoever! and he does not have the track record with the NRA & GOA that Mike Huckabee has...

A couple of other things that bother me about Duncan are...
    Duncan Hunter Voted NO on keeping Cuba travel ban until political prisoners released. (Jul 2001)
    Duncan Hunter Voted YES on implementing US-Australia Free Trade Agreement. (Jul 2004)
    Duncan Hunter Voted NO on granting Washington DC an Electoral vote & vote in Congress. (Apr 2007)
    Duncan Hunter Voted YES on restricting independent grassroots political committees. (Apr 2006)
    Duncan Hunter Voted NO on requiring negotiated Rx prices for Medicare part D. (Jan 2007)
    Duncan Hunter Voted YES on limited prescription drug benefit for Medicare recipients. (Nov 2003)
    Duncan Hunter Voted YES on limiting medical malpractice lawsuits to $250,000 damages. (May 2004) - This is so wrong, my mother died in 1998 due to malpractice and it cost my father $350,000...
    Duncan Hunter Voted YES on capping damages & setting time limits in medical lawsuits. (Mar 2003)
    Duncan Hunter Voted YES on allowing suing HMOs, but under federal rules & limited award. (Aug 2001)
    Duncan Hunter says we should Prohibit mandatory mental health screen for students. (May 2007) --mmm anybody remember Virginia Tech?
    Duncan Hunter is Rated 11% by APHA, indicating a anti-public health voting record. (Dec 2003)
    Duncan Hunter Voted YES on allowing electronic surveillance without a warrant. (Sep 2006) -- Duncan's kind of crappy on constitutional rights eh?

Duncan Hunter is suspected of favoring special interest groups...

He also lacks much of the other experience that Mike Huckabee has, Duncan Hunter has always been my second choice, given the RINO's Rudy, John, Fred, Mitt and Ron; I am hopeful that Duncan Hunter will be asked to be Mike Huckabee's running mate as VP...

Well,these are things I did not know about Hunter.And I appreciate the information.As for him being crappy on Constitutional rights...I am not sure I agree.I checked out his web page,and talked with his staph.It seems that the Constitution is something he is strong on.I know,I know.I can already hear it,"of course that's what his web page and his staph say,they are promoting him."And this is true.But All of them say good stuff about themselves on their webpages.I just liked how he seemed(SEEMED) to be strong on the Constitution on his web page.He also seems to be against the North American union,and hard on illegal immigration.In truth,I would not mind at all seeing him as Huckabee's VP.Or vice versa.
    Give everybody guns.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohemian View Post
    Yes, the candidates record counts...

what about bills that have only to do with the second amendment?
    There has never been or will never be just a bill without Pork. It's like a bunch of leaches, before it gets out of committee everyone has their favorite Pork amendment attached.

Bottom line is everyone needs to vote for whom they want during the primaries. No matter who gets the nomination for the Republican party I'll vote for them in the General Election.
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

May have to go back

and look closer at McCain now. Don't know what I'll do if Romney gets the nomination. Sure can't vote Dem but he STILL leaves me a bit uneasy for some undefinable reason.
    Reality, DEAL with IT!

I took one of those personality type profiles a couple of months back entitled 'Which candidate is right for you?' After a series of about fifty questions, it listed all the candidates whoes ideals were most like mine to those least ike mine. Thompson topped off my list with 97% compatibility, while Hillary bottomed it out at 4%. For the life of me I can not figure out what ideals of mine are 4% compatible with hers.
    Samurai - "...he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

Can you

post the link to that site? Sounds interesting.
    Reality, DEAL with IT!

I'm off to vote in the SC Republican Primary!;)
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast