Who do you like for President in 2008? - Page 18
Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Who do you like for President in 2008?

Folks we are stuck with what we got and its not becuase we did not say so or have it said to us atleast once or twice in this very forum. We ate ourselves up slapping down our own conservative candidates and never rallied behind one. That left the liberal dems really making our choice for us.

When Fred and Duncan left the running I kinda knew it had to be Huckabee or nothing. But we now have people slapping down the only remaining conservative running... Huckabee. So great now we are left with McPain:(.

We got what we deserve... I'm am taking Ann Coulter advice and voting for Hillary. With Hillary atleast I know where I stand with McPain, I can't take another lie and certainly don't want the damage that this country will certainly sustain come down on a Republicans watch.

With Hillary as President, she will certainly give me a good reason to pull out and use my guns more often. After she brings home our troops and Al Qaeda starts over-running our borders that she will open up, I will be there getting some terrorist target practice.
    Last edited by doublenutz; 02-06-2008 at 06:17 PM.
    MΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Read it and weep...

From Goldwater Girl to Hillary Girl
    by Ann Coulter

Nominating McCain is the gesture of a desperate party.
    Republicans are so shell-shocked and demoralized by the success of the Bush Derangement Syndrome, they think they can fool the voters by nominating an open-borders, anti-tax cut, anti-free speech, global-warming hysteric, pro-human experimentation "Republican." Which is to say, a Democrat.

As the expression goes, given a choice between a Democrat and a Democrat, voters will always choose the Democrat. The only question remaining is: Hillary or Obama?

On the litmus test issues of our time, only partially excluding Iraq, McCain is a liberal.

-- He excoriated Samuel Alito as too "conservative."
    -- He promoted amnesty for 20 million illegal immigrants.
    -- He abridged citizens' free speech (in favor of the media) with McCain-Feingold.
    -- He hysterically opposes waterboarding terrorists and wants to shut down Guantanamo.
    Can I take a breath now?
    -- He denounced the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth.
    -- He opposes ANWR and supports the global warming cult, even posturing with fellow mountebank Arnold Schwarzenegger in front of solar panels.
    The only site that would have been more appropriate for Schwarzenegger in endorsing McCain would have been in front of an abortion clinic.
    Although McCain has the minimum pro-life record demanded by the voters of Arizona, in 2006, McCain voted in favor of using taxpayer funds to harvest stem cells from human embryos. He opposes a constitutional amendment to protect human life. And he frets that if Roe v. Wade were overruled, women's lives would be "endangered." This is the same John McCain who chides Mitt Romney today for "flip-flopping" on abortion. At least Romney flips and stays there.

Of course the most important issue for pro-lifers is the Supreme Court. As long as Roe v. Wade is the law of the land, it doesn't matter how many hearts and minds we've changed. So it's not insignificant that McCain has called Justice Samuel Alito too conservative.

We ended up with David Hackett Souter when a Republican president was actually looking for an Alito. Imagine how bad it will be when the "Republican" president isn't even trying.

McCain uses the boilerplate language of all Republicans in saying he will appoint "strict constructionists." This is supposed to end all discussion of the courts. But if he's picking strict constructionists, he will have to appoint judges who will commit to overturning McCain-Feingold.

That could be our litmus test: Will you hold President McCain's signature legislation restricting speech unconstitutional?

In 2004, McCain criticized the federal marriage amendment, saying, it was "antithetical in every way to the core philosophy of Republicans." Really? Preventing the redefinition of a 10,000-year-old institution -- marriage, that is, not John McCain -- is part of the core philosophy of being a Republican? I had no idea.

I'm not a lawyer -- oh wait, yes, I am -- but Republicans were proposing to amend the Constitution, a process the Constitution specifically describes.

It's like saying it's antithetical to the core philosophy of Republicans to require presidents to be at least 35 years old. It's in the Constitution! And Republicans -- other than the ones who voted for McCain-Feingold -- support the Constitution. You might say it's part of our core philosophy.
    Of course, back in 2004, McCain was considering running on a presidential ticket with John Kerry. Realizing that this would not help his chances to run as a Republican in 2008, when he would be a mere 120 years old, McCain quickly withdrew his interest in being on Kerry's ticket.

But he defended Kerry from the Bush campaign's suggestion that Kerry was not tip-top on national security, saying on the "Today" show: "No, I do not believe that he is, quote, weak on defense." So that was helpful.
    McCain also explained to an admiring press corps why he wouldn't want to be anyone's vice president, not even a national defense champion like Kerry, citing the meager constitutional duties of the vice president as: (1) to assume the presidency if the president is incapacitated and (2) "to break a tie vote in the Senate." (At which point several members of the fawning horde were heard to remark, "What is this 'Constitution' you speak of, Senator?")

But McCain conveniently forgot the second of these constitutional duties just a year later when Vice President Cheney was required "to break a tie vote in the Senate" on a matter of utmost importance to liberals: federal judges.

Just one year after McCain had correctly identified one of two jobs of the vice president, he was indignant that a Republican vice president might actually exercise one of them. Better to let a gaggle of 14 Senate malcontents pick the president's judges for him.

As part of the "Gang of 14," McCain hysterically opposed allowing the vice president to break a tie on judicial nominations. Following the Constitution with regard to the role of the vice president, McCain said, "would be a terrible precedent." Yes, if members of Congress actually read the Constitution, they might realize McCain-Feingold is unconstitutional.
    If Hillary is elected president, we'll have a four-year disaster, with Republicans ferociously opposing her, followed by Republicans zooming back into power, as we did in 1980 and 1994, and 2000. (I also predict more Oval Office incidents with female interns.)

If McCain is elected president, we'll have a four-year disaster, with the Republicans in Congress co-opted by "our" president, followed by 30 years of Democratic rule.

There's your choice, America.
    MΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote Originally Posted by Ektarr View Post
    Bohemian, I don't disrespect your choosing Huck as your man. And I don't want to monopolize this forum with a debate between you and I. But when I say I have issues with him, I really mean it...there isn't one of these candidates, Huckabee included, who is what he appears to be and I'm at a loss as to who to vote for. For your reading pleasure, check out this site, which MAY be complete and in-depth and well-enough documented that you'll give it some credit.

After that, let's let it go...I'll let you know who I voted for Tuesday, on Tuesday night. It may be that much of a last-minute decision.

http://www.realchange.org/huckabee.htm

(P.S. - They're ALL represented on this site - check them ALL out!)
    EKTARR...
    ONCE AGAIN, YOU HAVE PROVIDED UNSUBSTANTIATED SPIN! WITH THE LINKS YOU HAVE PROVIDED THUS FAR...

The facts on the false, misleading and baseless attacks on multi-term Governor Mike Huckabee by one-term wonder Mitt Romney (WITHDREW), Ron Paul, Fred Thompson (WITHDREW) and others:
    http://www.mikehuckabee.com/?FuseAction=TruthSquad.Home

You go ahead and vote for gun-grabbing McCain, Billary or Hussein...

HUCKABEE CAN WIN IT IF WE GET BEHIND HIM!

If we do nothing, we can only say we did nothing...
    George Washington

http://www.mikehuckabee.com/
    Last edited by Bohemian; 02-07-2008 at 10:06 PM.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Bohemian View Post
    You go ahead and vote for gun-grabbing McCain, Billary or Hussein...

WOW! Bo brutha you said a mouth full. How many delegates are remaining? Are there enough for Huck to really take this?
    MΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by doublenutz View Post
    WOW! Bo brutha you said a mouth full. How many delegates are remaining? Are there enough for Huck to really take this?
    Not only are there more then enough delegates remaining, there are all the unbound delegates from the caucuses that were previously pledged to those no longer in the race such as Duncan Hunter, Fred Thompson and Mitt Romney...

AND a multitude of super delegates...

Mike Huckabee is the canidate most feared by the Democrats and the liberal media as he is everything they are not and is the ONLY remaining canidate in any party with executive experience actually running a Government...
    John McCain has always been the only canidate the democrats think they can beat...
    And if they can't beat him, he will join them as he did just last year when he went arm and arm with Ted Kennedy, Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi on AMNESTY for millions of illegals as he has done for decades...

http://www.thinkmikehuckabee.blogspot.com/

The facts on the false, misleading and baseless attacks on multi-term Governor Mike Huckabee by one-term wonder Mitt Romney (WITHDREW), Ron Paul, Fred Thompson (WITHDREW) and others:

The alternative is voting for GUN-GRABBING and AMNESTY LOVING McCain, Billary or Hussein...

If there was ever a time for Americans and ESPECIALLY GUN OWNERS to stop procrastinating about supporting a canidate NOW IS THE TIME!

How much would you pay to know that for the next four or eight years, you would not have another federal infringement of your second amendment rights shoved down your throat?
    https://www.mikehuckabee.com/?FuseAc...ontribute.Home

How much would you pay to ABOLISH THE IRS?
    http://www.fairtax.org/

If we do nothing, we can only say we did nothing...
    George Washington

Last edited by Bohemian; 02-08-2008 at 10:53 PM.

Hey, Bohemian...do me a favor: Don't respond to my posts any more!

What makes you say that what I post . . . documented links to writings about your chosen candidate that show him in an unflattering light . . . is "Spin", while what you post . . . documented links to writings about your chosen candidate that show him in a flattering way . . . is Gospel?

If all you're going to do is sing a guy's praises without seeing the dark side of your own candidate, then you're blind, either through ignorance or design. And if it's deliberate, then who's the one whose "Spinning"?

Huck has issues, whether you choose to acknowledge them or not. That doesn't mean he's not the best Last Man Standing or that he won't get my vote if he's nominated. But be real, Man! He's no Hero! You lose credibility, at least with me, when you don't discuss his Pro's AND Con's, with equal intellectual weight...and that's intellectual dishonesty.

So, now... You've posted your position on Huckabee - ALL OVER the place - same list of links every time, same arguments every time, same post, copied-and-pasted in at least a half dozen places on this site, and I've heard enough, especially when you attack any dispute. So for me, at least, you can keep the rest to yourself. It looks like you've pretty much exhausted all your sycophantic energies.

But good luck on the election! I'd say "May the Best Man win", but he doesn't actually appear to be running this time around.
    NRA Life; GOA Life; CCRKBA Life; Trustee, NJCSD; F&AM: 32 & KT
    The Only Answer to a Bad Guy with a Gun - Is a Good Guy with a Gun!
    When Seconds Count...The Police are only MINUTES Away!

Quote Originally Posted by Bohemian View Post
    Not only are there more then enough delegates remaining, there are all the unbound delegates from the caucuses that were previously pledged to those no longer in the race such as Duncan Hunter, Fred Thompson and Mitt Romney...

AND a multitude of super delegates...

Okay I am still on point it ya if we can win this thing. The thought of McCain as President is just ... aww man... I cannot fathom it.
    MΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

9. Nice one Bohemian, A.B.C.D. I'm with that. looks like it's between Huckabee and McCian now.
    "Victory at all cost Victory in spite of all terror. Victory no matter how long and how hard the road may be; for without Victory there is no survival."
    (Winston Churchill)

Thumbs up Huckabee - The Only Chance For The Second Amendment

Quote Originally Posted by Ektarr View Post
    Hey, Bohemian...do me a favor: Don't respond to my posts any more!

What makes you say that what I post . . . documented links to writings about your chosen candidate that show him in an unflattering light . . . is "Spin", while what you post . . . documented links to writings about your chosen candidate that show him in a flattering way . . . is Gospel?

If all you're going to do is sing a guy's praises without seeing the dark side of your own candidate, then you're blind, either through ignorance or design. And if it's deliberate, then who's the one whose "Spinning"?

Huck has issues, whether you choose to acknowledge them or not. That doesn't mean he's not the best Last Man Standing or that he won't get my vote if he's nominated. But be real, Man! He's no Hero! You lose credibility, at least with me, when you don't discuss his Pro's AND Con's, with equal intellectual weight...and that's intellectual dishonesty.

So, now... You've posted your position on Huckabee - ALL OVER the place - same list of links every time, same arguments every time, same post, copied-and-pasted in at least a half dozen places on this site, and I've heard enough, especially when you attack any dispute. So for me, at least, you can keep the rest to yourself. It looks like you've pretty much exhausted all your sycophantic energies.

But good luck on the election! I'd say "May the Best Man win", but he doesn't actually appear to be running this time around.
    YES I have debunked every dispute thus far, because NONE of them have any merit; should one have merit I would be more then willing to admit it with PRIMARY SOURCE PROOF such as the Supreme Court or Arkansas Legislature, etc., and not somebody's blog or liberal leaning newspaper etc...

Ektarr HOW ABOUT YOU DO ALL OF US A FAVOR, take your blinders off and actually visit the links that I posted, and give me a point by point rebuttal that REFUTES ANY of Mike Huckabee's factual rebuttals; yes some of the main entry points are on Mike Hucakbee's site; but there is a rebuttal for EVERY piece of MYTHOLOGY you have posted with your links and at the conclusion of every rebuttal on Mike Huckabee's site is the PRIMARY SOURCE LINK(s) and documentation to unequivocally support Mike Huckabee's rebuttals...
    Including but not limited to The Supreme Court and the Arkansas Legislature...

But that is neither here nor there...

The FACT is If we do not UNITE behind HUCKABEE NOW we can guarantee that gun-control and amnesty to say the least is in our immediate future with McCain, Billary or Hussein...
    http://gunowners.org/pres08/

Mike Huckabee on the issues, policies, and values:
    http://www.mikehuckabee.com/?FuseAction=Issues.Home

The facts on the false, misleading and baseless attacks on Mike Huckabee by Second Amendment Sell-Outs Mitt Romney (withdrew), Fred Thompson (withdrew), Ron Paul and others:

Mike Huckabee 101:
    http://www.mikehuckabee.com/?FuseAction=About.101

Ektarr HOW ABOUT YOU DO ALL OF US A FAVOR, take your blinders off and actually visit the links that I posted, and give me a point by point rebuttal that REFUTES ANY of Mike Huckabee's factual rebuttals; yes some of the main entry points are on Mike Hucakbee's site; but there is a rebuttal for EVERY piece of MYTHOLOGY you have posted with your links and at the conclusion of every rebuttal on Mike Huckabee's site is the PRIMARY SOURCE LINK(s) and documentation to unequivocally support Mike Huckabee's rebuttals...
    Including but not limited to The Supreme Court and the Arkansas Legislature...
    Sorry, but the blinders are on you. Remember, I'm not saying Mike Huckabee is unacceptable, or that he's a worse choice than anyone else, or even that I wouldn't vote for him...! What I am saying is that you seem to feel that he's flawless, and your incessant crowing about him as if he were the Second Coming of Ronald Reagan smacks of a person with an agenda...one that's "blind" (to use your term) to anything negative that he might be guilty of. You haven't "debunked" the points that have been brought up . . . you haven't even addressed them, except to direct people right back to your prepackaged propaganda.

Once again: I have nothing against Mike Huckabee! I just don't feel he's without flaw as you apparently do, and your enthusiasm for him...even to the point of dedicating an entire website devoted to getting him elected (that is you in that video, isn't it?)...is more than a little suspicious to me, as if you might be, for example, in the employment of the Huckabee campaign.

There are a lot of things I like about Huckabee. There are things I liked about Thompson, too. Don't like much about McCain except his Military record.

In the end, while I consider myself a hardcore Conservative, I'm not a one-issue Conservative, and I like to think I keep an open mind about people...Presidential candidates, especially. Huck has issues. Thompson had issues! Newt has issues!! Every one of them has issues, some more than others. Whether you choose to admit it or not.

But Huck'll get my vote if he gets the Nomination. Warts and all.
    Last edited by Ektarr; 02-09-2008 at 05:24 PM.
    NRA Life; GOA Life; CCRKBA Life; Trustee, NJCSD; F&AM: 32 & KT
    The Only Answer to a Bad Guy with a Gun - Is a Good Guy with a Gun!
    When Seconds Count...The Police are only MINUTES Away!

Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast