Who do you like for President in 2008? - Page 3
Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Who do you like for President in 2008?

1. I thought he wanted to legilize everything. I like Huck and Fred

3. I'll vote for Thompson, Huckabee or Paul. If Giuliani gets the nomination, I'm voting third party since he is basically a "Compassionate Conservative" Hitler. Thompson and Huckabee are probably the most electable two Republican Candidates with views that will bring in a lot of voters but neither one is perfect. Ron Paul is closest to Thomas Jefferson in his political views and since I am too I would love it if he got the Republican nomination but I doubt it's gonna happen. I was originally set on Thompson when he entered the race but I'm definetly liking Huckabee more and more especially since Chuck Norris will kill me if I don't support him.

Anybody know anything about Duncan Hunter? I heard him yesterday on, I think, Mike McConnell's show. I REALLY liked his immigration stance. I don't konw much else about him, though.
    Victory rewards not the army that fires the most rounds, but who is the more accurate shot. ---Unknown

I haven't decided, but I'm in the A.B.C.D camp!

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Hunter or Tancredo possess just as good of conservative bonafides as Huckabee, including support for the FairTax with both of them, but Bohemian has a point when he says that only Huckabee has fairly extensive executive experience.

I too was a Thompson supporter when the rumors first started flyin' of his run, but I have learned a lot about him since then and cannot support him anymore. Great actor. Even a better'n average conservative, but in the primaries we don't have to judge on the lesser of two evils, but rather, on who's on the right side of the most issues that are important to each of us as an individual. I can feel great about Huckabee, Hunter or Tancredo. All of 'em are on the right side of every issue that I hold as my most important. Huckabee gets the nod from me only because of his executive experience and the fact that his campaign is more deeply rooted in running on the FairTax.

I am not an athiest, but I'm not religious in any way in my own life. Haven't been to church for decades and can't recall the last time I actually prayed. I am not, however, the least bit put off by Huckabee's status as a Baptist preacher. I am not paranoid of religious people at all. More power to him if it helps him get through the day. Romney's Mormonism is 100% meaningless to me as well, as it should be with anyone who claims to support the whole Constitution. It's their right to believe or not as they see fit. Whether a candidate believes or not, or how he chooses to worship according to his beliefs if he does, is simply not a part of my criteria for scrutinizing him.

The only reason I brought up that last point is that I wonder how many people in this country do include that in their criteria. If there's too many that are uncomfortable with very religious people , Huckabee's going to have an even tougher time of it than he has right now being in 4th place. Do any of y'all know of any poll data that attempts to show how important, or unimportant, a candidate's religious beliefs and affiliations are to the masses?

Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

President

Quote Originally Posted by BluesStringer View Post
    Hunter or Tancredo possess just as good of conservative bonafides as Huckabee, including support for the FairTax with both of them, but Bohemian has a point when he says that only Huckabee has fairly extensive executive experience.

I too was a Thompson supporter when the rumors first started flyin' of his run, but I have learned a lot about him since then and cannot support him anymore. Great actor. Even a better'n average conservative, but in the primaries we don't have to judge on the lesser of two evils, but rather, on who's on the right side of the most issues that are important to each of us as an individual. I can feel great about Huckabee, Hunter or Tancredo. All of 'em are on the right side of every issue that I hold as my most important. Huckabee gets the nod from me only because of his executive experience and the fact that his campaign is more deeply rooted in running on the FairTax.

I am not an athiest, but I'm not religious in any way in my own life. Haven't been to church for decades and can't recall the last time I actually prayed. I am not, however, the least bit put off by Huckabee's status as a Baptist preacher. I am not paranoid of religious people at all. More power to him if it helps him get through the day. Romney's Mormonism is 100% meaningless to me as well, as it should be with anyone who claims to support the whole Constitution. It's their right to believe or not as they see fit. Whether a candidate believes or not, or how he chooses to worship according to his beliefs if he does, is simply not a part of my criteria for scrutinizing him.

The only reason I brought up that last point is that I wonder how many people in this country do include that in their criteria. If there's too many that are uncomfortable with very religious people , Huckabee's going to have an even tougher time of it than he has right now being in 4th place. Do any of y'all know of any poll data that attempts to show how important, or unimportant, a candidate's religious beliefs and affiliations are to the masses?

Blues

I am very much a Christian and attend church on a regular basis. I study the scriptures and pray. However the last time I voted for someone primarly because he claimed to be a Christian was Carter and we all know how that turned out. I am not any way inferring anything bad about Huckabee. He may be a great Christian and make a good president. It is just that I have a wait and see attitude when it comes to much of what polititions say. I remember the first President Bush said a lot of things about his NRA membership and his "read my lips, no new taxes" when running. We all know now how truthfull he was.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

8. Huckabee's stand on illegal immigration

There's been a lot of confusion and misinformation floating around about Huckabee on illegals.
    Go to his campaign website for a full rundown of what he stands for, a new posting from his Truth Squad yesterday 11/02:
    http://www.mikehuckabee.com/index.cf....Article&ID=82

He's PRO life, PRO gun and ANTI illegals.
    GO HUCKABEE!!!

Huckabee

If I were voting right now, Huckabee would be my man. I'am just not sure he is a strong enough contender, to pull off a win.

Well, we get to vote in the Primary on Tuesday. I'll be voting for Huckabee based upon what I've read here. I was a Fred man going in, but I do feel now that Huck is the more conservative Conservative. Rudi's not an option for me on the basis of his Liberal positions when Mayor of New Yawk. I believe him to be a RINO. Same with McCain. I admire and respect McCain's military background and love him for his sacrifice for us, but he lost me with McCain-Feingold and I can't ever get past that...not for President. Romney's religion is a non-issue for me but he's not my man...his Massachusettes connection makes him too suspect for me. I just . . . we just . . . can't afford to take that chance in today's political climate, both within and without. The others are just not on my radar and would have to do something really remarkable to get my attention now...sorry.

I don't expect everyone to follow my lead and vote the same, but there is something to be said for 'Strength in Numbers'. If we DO all manage to come to agreement on whom to vote for, even the lurkers among us (I see you there, you li'l dickens! ;) ), we could make a ripple in the process that would help serve our ends, and help lend credibility to the Nominee among other Conservatives/Republicans.

Either way, vote early/vote often, and we'll see where we are on Wednesday. And may God have mercy on us all.
    NRA Life; GOA Life; CCRKBA Life; Trustee, NJCSD; F&AM: 32 & KT
    The Only Answer to a Bad Guy with a Gun - Is a Good Guy with a Gun!
    When Seconds Count...The Police are only MINUTES Away!

Ron Paul on the 2A:

Let airlines make rules about passenger guns to fight terror. (Sep 2007)
    Opposes the DC Gun Ban; it's not just a "collective right". (Mar 2007)
    Ease procedures on the purchase and registration of firearms. (Nov 1996)
    Allow law-abiding citizens to carry concealed firearms. (Nov 1996)
    Voted NO on prohibiting product misuse lawsuits on gun manufacturers. (Oct 2005)
    Voted NO on prohibiting suing gunmakers & sellers for gun misuse. (Apr 2003)
    Voted NO on decreasing gun waiting period from 3 days to 1. (Jun 1999)
    Support the Second Amendment . (Dec 2000)
    Rated A by the NRA, indicating a pro-gun rights voting record. (Dec 2003)

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast