Who do you like for President in 2008? - Page 8
Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Who do you like for President in 2008?

Ya gotta stop being so vague about things, D-nutz. People want to know what you really think!
    NRA Life; GOA Life; CCRKBA Life; Trustee, NJCSD; F&AM: 32 & KT
    The Only Answer to a Bad Guy with a Gun - Is a Good Guy with a Gun!
    When Seconds Count...The Police are only MINUTES Away!

Quote Originally Posted by Ektarr View Post
    Ya gotta stop being so vague about things, D-nutz. People want to know what you really think!
    LOL

Dude I didn't mean to "blow up the spot" but... DENNIS KUCINICH???
    MΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

4. Smile Yes, Vote for Dennis.

Yep, I am voting for Dennis. I know he won't win, I also know that after the election, we as a nation are going to have to live with who ever got the most votes (except in Flordia), and I am going to have to live with that mess. By voting for who you want, and not for "who is the lesser of two evils", is true to the plan of our nations fore fathers.
    Debate is what makes America. Debate is action, it is dialog, it is how we protect the abstract thing known as "freedom". Without debate, we lose freedom. Do you think King George the 3rd was open to debate 200 some years ago? It was the act of our fore fathers debating wether or not to challange the most powerful nation in the world at that time that allowed the idea of "freedom" to take its form in our nation! Don't forget that not everyone was on board with breaking from Britain back then. How do you think minds are changed? Not flip flopped, but really changed. What other country in the world truely debates?
    During the last few election cycles free and open debate, freedom of speech, the idea to put your own idea forward with out fear of censorship, has been wittled away and it is not getting better. Why are there hardly ever 3rd party canidates on primetime? We are all concerned about gun ownership but I tell you it is not the most important issue out there being taken away. Our second admendment right is going to be lost if we are not allowed to argue why we should keep it. That is how they will take it from us. Face it, most of us on this forum are already crimminals. I have carried where signs are posted not to carry, you have to. When we loose the freedom to debate this, to speak freely about what concerns us, it is not just our guns they will have.
    Again, I know Dennis won't win. But I also know that he has a better grip on what freedom is better than any other candidate. It is not your shooting skills you should be developing to keep your guns, it is your debating skills.
    One more thing, when I get on a rant like this, I gotta have a beer. Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by eluno View Post
    Yep, I am voting for Dennis. .

HEY,,, your choice and a wasted vote (glad you can admit that). Voting for him is like adding more fruit to the cake that nobody is eating.
    MΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

6. "By voting for who you want, and not for "who is the lesser of two evils", is true to the plan of our nations fore fathers."
    You know, I've had some pretty darn good fruitcake before. Ya'll should try some.

7. My wife would suggest "a nice homemade fruitcake with tea". But she is sweet that way.

8. What was it someone said the differance between a liberal and a conservative is one mugging.

What was it someone said the differance between a liberal and a conservative is one mugging.
    It's true, and you can see it illustrated perfectly in Dennis Miller. Miller was a flaming Liberal for the longest time. I remember standup routines he did that were shuddering in their left-leaning-ness. However, and this to his very great credit, since the events of 9-11 he has come almost full circle, and is now as solid a Conservative ... at least in the arena of National Security and the Iraq war (see Here) ... as one might hope to find. He still holds some Liberal views, but his partial conversion is still refreshing. I'm pleased, about which I am sure he gives a fig.
    NRA Life; GOA Life; CCRKBA Life; Trustee, NJCSD; F&AM: 32 & KT
    The Only Answer to a Bad Guy with a Gun - Is a Good Guy with a Gun!
    When Seconds Count...The Police are only MINUTES Away!

Quote Originally Posted by Ektarr View Post
    It's true, and you can see it illustrated perfectly in Dennis Miller. Miller was a flaming Liberal for the longest time. I remember standup routines he did that were shuddering in their left-leaning-ness. However, and this to his very great credit, since the events of 9-11 he has come almost full circle, and is now as solid a Conservative ... at least in the arena of National Security and the Iraq war (see Here) ... as one might hope to find. He still holds some Liberal views, but his partial conversion is still refreshing. I'm pleased, about which I am sure he gives a fig.

I am with you on this... could not have siad it better myself.
    MΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote Originally Posted by eluno View Post
    ...My efforts to lead the fight against assault weapons...
    Dennis Kucinich - Second Amendment Sell-Out does not get my vote.

You can not read any more into "shall not be infringed", there are no exceptions, no excuses period...

Democrat Presidential candidates that have a proven record of selling out the second amendment:
    ALL OF THEM.

Republican Presidential candidates that have a proven record of selling out the second amendment while hypocritically claiming to support it by such statements as I am a lifetime member of the NRA, et. al.:
    1. Mitt Romney
    2. Rudy Giuliani
    3. John McCain
    4. Fred Thompson
    5. Ron Paul
    6. Tom Tancredo

Mike Huckabee has a perfect record supporting the second amendment in every way possible to conceive.

While all the democrats have promised to raise taxes and all the republicans except Mike Huckabee have promised to cut a tax or two; Mike Huckabee will abolish the IRS!
    Educate yourself on the Fair Tax Initiative, engineered & developed by M.I.T. et.al. :
    http://www.FairTax.org/

Mike Huckabee on the issues and policies; the only presidential canidate in any party with a CCW; and the first Governor in the U.S. to have a CCW:
    http://www.mikehuckabee.com/

Last edited by Bohemian; 12-18-2007 at 12:43 PM.

Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast