Document Editing

Thread: Document Editing

Document Editing

I got a bunch of copies of pocket sized Declaration of Independence and US Constitution. They're fun to distribute and keep handy when arguing about the separation of Church and State and the like.

I think it should be updated to reflect the times though. I've been doing a little bit of writing:

We the Corporations of the United Police State of AmeriKorp, in order to form a more profitable Institution, establish Dominance, insure domestic Obedience, provide for the common International Militancy, promote the general sharing of wealth, and secure the Benefits of Submissiveness to ourselves and our Heirs do ordain and establish this Manifesto for the United Police State of AmeriKorp.

Whaddya think?

Quote Originally Posted by Canis-Lupus View Post
    Pele: prime Hawaiian deity and goddess of the orginal islanders who worshipped Her, many still do today, cultural rebound, in Her 3 forms of manifestation to humans (a-aina, kama-ainas or haulies): a white dog, a young beautiful Wahia, or an old withered Kuna walking along Saddle Road or Black Sands beach or even strolling around Mauna Loa. Cool handle!
    Mahalo~nui 'e Aloha,

Canis-Lupus
    Yeah, I've had this handle ever since Junior year of High School... I'm 26 now, so that'd be over ten years ago.

I didn't research it enough. I thought, "Hey! Hawaiian Fire God! Sweet, I'll register my eMail addresses and stuff to that."

I didn't know it was a female name.

Yours sounds too Orwellian. I like it the way it already is.
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post
    Yours sounds too Orwellian. I like it the way it already is.
    Ah, but this is the non-fiction section.

Quote Originally Posted by Pele View Post
    Ah, but this is the non-fiction section.
    I know! That's why I prefer the original!
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post
    I know! That's why I prefer the original!
    Yeah, I like to daydream about what this country would be like if the founders could've stayed alive to guide it through the years.

^

Why the obsession with my handle?

Getting back on topic:

the reason I wrote that was in response to another thread on another forum regarding the bailout money for the "Big Three American" automakers. My complaint was that I didn't agree to this and I was wondering whom to complain to to get this changed.

The overwhelming response was that I can't complain to anyone. The government doesn't represent the people anymore.

So what are they there to do? If they're not there to represent us, the citizens, then who are they representing? They're there to line their own pockets and those of their buddies, those that have the money to influence political leaders.

We've got a Democratically controlled Congress with a Democrat coming in as president... Do you think they're gonna care about what I think? What any of us think? In my opinion, not really.

And that goes for anything, not just the Auto Industry bailout, but gun control, immigration, and every other issue on the books.

You think we're living in a democracy? You think we have freedom? You think that a "government of the people, by the people, for the people" (Not in the Declaration of Independence or the US Constitution, but still) exists?

It doesn't. It's all a lie. My voice means nothing. Your voice means nothing. Washington D.C. has been and will continue to turn a blind eye and deaf ear to the citizens of this country. It's for the greater good.

I'm just not happy with the way things are going but there's nothing I can do.

^

Why the obsession with my handle?

Getting back on topic:

the reason I wrote that was in response to another thread on another forum regarding the bailout money for the "Big Three American" automakers. My complaint was that I didn't agree to this and I was wondering whom to complain to to get this changed.

The overwhelming response was that I can't complain to anyone. The government doesn't represent the people anymore.

So what are they there to do? If they're not there to represent us, the citizens, then who are they representing? They're there to line their own pockets and those of their buddies, those that have the money to influence political leaders.

We've got a Democratically controlled Congress with a Democrat coming in as president... Do you think they're gonna care about what I think? What any of us think? In my opinion, not really.

And that goes for anything, not just the Auto Industry bailout, but gun control, immigration, and every other issue on the books.

You think we're living in a democracy? You think we have freedom? You think that a "government of the people, by the people, for the people" (Not in the Declaration of Independence or the US Constitution, but still) exists?

It doesn't. It's all a lie. My voice means nothing. Your voice means nothing. Washington D.C. has been and will continue to turn a blind eye and deaf ear to the citizens of this country. It's for the greater good.

I'm just not happy with the way things are going but there's nothing I can do.
    Doesn't it suck to be powerless? That's exactly how I feel sometimes, particularly any time some irresponsible company gets tax money to continue with their irresponsible ways, instead of just facing the consequences for their irresponsibility.

Benjamin Franklin

Yeah, I like to daydream about what this country would be like if the founders could've stayed alive to guide it through the years.
    it would actually function.
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
    it would actually function.
    Not only that, but 2A would be the RIGHT it was actually intended to be, not the privilege it has become.

Benjamin Franklin