Obama says "no need to stock up on guns" - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Obama says "no need to stock up on guns"

I have a golfing buddy who hasn't fired a gun in 30 years and hasn't really cared about guns. He has an old 30-06 from his now deceased father and an old Marlin .22 but after the election he began to ask me about purchasing a handgun. He was sold on a Sig P6 refurb until he handled a Glock, then an XD, then an H&K, etc. :) He didn't realize there were so many to choose from.

Finally put the P6 on layaway and now wants to buy two or three more. He wants to get into reloading and is ready to stock up on ammo as well.

I took him shooting last weekend and he loved it. Shot some 9mm, .40, .45ACP and .45LC. He is going to his CCW class in two days. My wife and I took his 19 year old daughter shooting and she wants him to purchase a couple of handguns and rifles.

My next move is to get him connected to the NRA and to sites like this one.

It might be anecdotal but Cabela's has been FULL of people not just looking buy buying guns here in St. Charles. My guess is, they don't trust Obama either.

Quote Originally Posted by Chinese Bandit View Post
    I have a golfing buddy who hasn't fired a gun in 30 years and hasn't really cared about guns. He has an old 30-06 from his now deceased father and an old Marlin .22 but after the election he began to ask me about purchasing a handgun. He was sold on a Sig P6 refurb until he handled a Glock, then an XD, then an H&K, etc. :) He didn't realize there were so many to choose from.

Finally put the P6 on layaway and now wants to buy two or three more. He wants to get into reloading and is ready to stock up on ammo as well.

I took him shooting last weekend and he loved it. Shot some 9mm, .40, .45ACP and .45LC. He is going to his CCW class in two days. My wife and I took his 19 year old daughter shooting and she wants him to purchase a couple of handguns and rifles.

My next move is to get him connected to the NRA and to sites like this one.

It might be anecdotal but Cabela's has been FULL of people not just looking buy buying guns here in St. Charles. My guess is, they don't trust Obama either.

He was sold on a Sig P6 refurb until he handled a Glock, then an XD, then an H&K, etc. :) He didn't realize there were so many to choose from.

Don't think a person could go wrong on any of these. I do not have a Springfield but I have one of all three of the other makes. All excellent guns.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Speak for yourself Obama! If he does not feel the need to stock up, then he has every right. I however, if I could afford to, would be stocking up with firearms, firearms accessories, and ammo, and reloading supplies up to the hilt.
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

Benjamin Franklin

I'm not so concerned about buying more handguns right yet... I want something BIGGER.

I'd like to get a pre-ban or imported AK-47, but there are a couple issues with that.

1.) Expense.
    2.) It's way too much gun for me at the moment.
    3.) I should really try one out before buying it. I might not even like it.

I'm not ready to own an assault rifle, but I'm scared that when I am ready for one, they won't be available.

Parts may be available, I guess I need to find a receiver and just keep that tucked away somewhere.

6. I'd have to say NO ONE is taking him at his word. The two gun shops I go to (one in Port Orange and one in St. Augustine) have bare walls where AK's and AR's used to hang. They can't even GET them to sell! I have three friends who haven't used or even thought of guns in years who have either dug them out of storage or begun looking to buy............and two have joined the NRA (one as a lifer and signed his two teenage boys up too!).
    As for myself, I have 2 handguns which is enough for now, a new Mossberg 500, and an AR kit coming by the end of Feb. Now I'm looking into reloading equipment and supplies because I go shooting almost every week and I want to save money. Funny how once you get bitten by the bug, you get turned on even more! Oh, and I got my CWP two weeks ago and now use my gun like an American Express card............I never leave home without it.
    I too am an NRA member and just rolled my membership over to the easypay life. I should have it paid off by summer 2009.

Exclamation Why would any one stop something that is helping?

Why would any one stop something that is helping the economy? It is legal, and it is mostly USA made durable goods. This helps store owners, workers, shippers and also believe it or not the US Govt. with all those instant check fees.

Telling us to stop stimulating the economy is like telling a drowning person to be calm and swallow water. It ain't gonna happen!
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

Quote Originally Posted by Canis-Lupus View Post
    Metal detectors, lie-detector tests, bills & records of sale, criminalizing & fining tho$e who don't fess-up & give up their illegal booty. Am I tracking on GB, Australia, Canada or is this fortune telling for the good ole U-S of A?
    What do you think would happen if you buried a ton of pot and refused to tell the cops where, they'd let U go of course! NOT!

C-L
    All my guns were lost in a TRAGIC boating accident.
    Victory rewards not the army that fires the most rounds, but who is the more accurate shot. ---Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Canis-Lupus View Post
    Lat/Long of wreck/loss? LEO divers, 'poly to satisfy, I do like that concept, but I do see a small hic-cup in the execution phase: "I swear to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, SO HELP ME GOD!", State your name, and the poly will tell Then what is the follow-on story when or if a 'lost' weapon surfaces in your hand/home/boat? Or a slug from that shooter inside a BG?
    Basic CSI stuff.

Canis-Lupus

Perhaps we could pull a Bill Clinton. "Gun? It all depends on your definition of gun". Or, "I have never had relations with that gun".
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

I'm not buying it, go get what you need now while you still can!

I hope he is telling the truth. I think he is. i still feel like he won't take them away. Thats been my moto all along through the election and everything.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast