Ron Paul: Printing Money Only Prolongs The Pain
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Ron Paul: Printing Money Only Prolongs The Pain

  1. #1

    Ron Paul: Printing Money Only Prolongs The Pain

    Ron Paul is one of the very few that ever talks about the ungodly federal reserve and the real problem that it causes. Most of the rest of the politicians fall into one of two camps. Those that are on board with the conspiracy or those that are ignorant to the real problem.

    Alex Jones' Prison Planet: The truth will set you free!

    Ron Paul: Printing Money Only Prolongs The Pain

    Congressman identifies Federal Reserve as the real problem



    Paul Joseph Watson
    Prison Planet.com
    Thursday, December 11, 2008

    Amidst the hand-wringing of the automaker bailout debate, Ron Paul took the opportunity on the House floor yesterday to remind Congress that the real culprit behind the financial crisis is the Federal Reserve, and that allowing the Fed to continue to print money without audit will only prolong the pain.

    “If you look at the grand problem we have it’s much much bigger,” said Paul.

    “There were many who predicted that the climax would be exactly as we are witnessing,” said the Congressman before lamenting that no one seems willing to go back and discover how financial bubbles form and how they burst.

    “Instead we just carry on doing the same old thing….we spend more money, we run up more debt, we print more money, and we think that’s gonna solve the problem that was created by spending too much money, running up debt, printing too much money and here we are today,” stated the Congressman, adding that Congress was debating about “tinkering on the edges” while failing to deal with the big problem.

    Paul said that the Fed’s creation of over $8 trillion dollars in obligations was outside the audit of Congress.

    “They create this money and when the Fed chairman comes before our committee we ask, where did you dispose of this $2 trillion dollars that you’ve created recently, he says well it’s not your business, he doesn’t even have to tell us” exclaimed Paul, adding that the Federal Reserve was out of control.

    “We’re dealing only with finding victims, we cannot get rid of the debt,” said Paul, adding that the cause of the bubbles was the result of monetary policy dictated by the Federal Reserve system.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

  2.   
  3. #2
    I love Ron Paul, worked for the campaign here in FL, and did everything I could to get him elected. He is an intelligent man--probably the most intelligent in all of Washington DC.

    I can't abide conspiracy nuts like Alex Jones, however. I, too, distrust government, but I don't suspend disbelief if the word government is in the sentence.

    The 9-11 Truther's and other conspiracy nuts are what killed his campaign.
    - FreedomsAdvocate
    Citizenship ought to be reserved for those who carry arms. - Aristotle
    My latest article on Associated Content

  4. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    4,650
    Ron Paul possesses common sense, something that seems to be in short supply among our esteemed politicians these days. He, with Pat Buchanan as VP, would have made an excellent president.
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

    Benjamin Franklin

  5. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post
    Ron Paul possesses common sense, something that seems to be in short supply among our esteemed politicians these days. He, with Pat Buchanan as VP, would have made an excellent president.

    I agree with you.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

  6. #5
    i love Ron Paul he is my hero
    Let every soul be subject unto the [U.S. Constitution.] For there is no [Constitution] but of God: the [Constitution] that be [is] ordained of God. Whosoever therefore resisteth the [Constitution], resisteth the ordinance of God:American Romans Ch.13v1-7 C.Baldwin

  7. #6
    Well, even a broken watch is right twice a day.

    Yes, the stimulus will make things worse. Letting the markets adjust, and those that failed, realize the results of those failures is the the only way to preserve the benefits of the free market. Just make sure that you are prepared for interesting times.
    I have become more optimistic, and now believe that things could get worse.


  8. #7

    Talking

    Quote Originally Posted by Cavalry Doc View Post
    Well, even a broken watch is right twice a day.

    Yes, the stimulus will make things worse. Letting the markets adjust, and those that failed, realize the results of those failures is the the only way to preserve the benefits of the free market. Just make sure that you are prepared for interesting times.
    Freedoms popular buddy but can they handle it
    Let every soul be subject unto the [U.S. Constitution.] For there is no [Constitution] but of God: the [Constitution] that be [is] ordained of God. Whosoever therefore resisteth the [Constitution], resisteth the ordinance of God:American Romans Ch.13v1-7 C.Baldwin

  9. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by krazyk View Post
    Freedoms popular buddy but can they handle it
    It has nothing to do with his stand on civil liberties. He and I agree on most points there. But he has proven himself to be a gadfly career politician that says one thing, then does another.

    He stated he was against earmarks, but then personally signed 85 pages of them for his district. I've already heard all of the supposed excuses for this, so please, don't bother.

    His statements on national defense made support for him becoming the commander in chief impossible.

    He said he was a Republican, but he supported the third parties in an attempt to be a spoiler, but could not mount enough support to make a difference.

    He has never been a Conservative, but has always been a Libertarian. On most issues, that's just fine. But on some important ones, it didn't cut the mustard.


    Dr. Paul is probably a nice guy, and I'd love to have him over for dinner. But I could not support him for president. It's not personal.

    He got what we should have all suspected, about 4 to 10 percent of the Republican primary votes, even in counties with the most Active Duty representation in the country.


    There is a candidate out there that we can all get excited about, but Ron Paul wasn't the one.

    Maybe Governor Jindal will be the guy. Maybe Senator Cornyn, maybe someone else. Only time will tell.
    I have become more optimistic, and now believe that things could get worse.


  10. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavalry Doc View Post
    It has nothing to do with his stand on civil liberties. He and I agree on most points there. But he has proven himself to be a gadfly career politician that says one thing, then does another.

    He stated he was against earmarks, but then personally signed 85 pages of them for his district. I've already heard all of the supposed excuses for this, so please, don't bother.

    His statements on national defense made support for him becoming the commander in chief impossible.

    He said he was a Republican, but he supported the third parties in an attempt to be a spoiler, but could not mount enough support to make a difference.

    He has never been a Conservative, but has always been a Libertarian. On most issues, that's just fine. But on some important ones, it didn't cut the mustard.


    Dr. Paul is probably a nice guy, and I'd love to have him over for dinner. But I could not support him for president. It's not personal.

    He got what we should have all suspected, about 4 to 10 percent of the Republican primary votes, even in counties with the most Active Duty representation in the country.


    There is a candidate out there that we can all get excited about, but Ron Paul wasn't the one.

    Maybe Governor Jindal will be the guy. Maybe Senator Cornyn, maybe someone else. Only time will tell.

    Paul is the only one I have ever heard say that the real problem with the economy is the Federal Reserve. Ever sense insiders managed to get passed the Federal Reserve Act it has been all down hill. Until some of the other politicians start talking about this I will have to assume that they are either ignorant of the real facts or complicit with the real problem.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

  11. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    Paul is the only one I have ever heard say that the real problem with the economy is the Federal Reserve. Ever sense insiders managed to get passed the Federal Reserve Act it has been all down hill. Until some of the other politicians start talking about this I will have to assume that they are either ignorant of the real facts or complicit with the real problem.
    He's not the only one, he's one of many. But I agree that WAY TOO FEW politicians are looking at the real source of the problem.

    Maybe some day we will have a viable candidate that has a good financial policy.
    I have become more optimistic, and now believe that things could get worse.


Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast