Would this person be eligible to obtain a security clearance? - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Would this person be eligible to obtain a security clearance?

Where you're wrong is in the supposition that the decision to grant clearance occurred after the controversy.
    That would be like saying "Would you grant this person a drivers license?: Man drinks a quart of JD then drives into a busload of schoolkids at 80MPH"
    Or "The grandmother is an alcoholic and the father spends his evenings out drinking in the taverns. His mother has tuberculosis. She has already given birth to four children. The first child is blind, the second child died, the third child is deaf, and the fourth child has tuberculosis. Now the mother is pregnant again.
    Given the extreme situation, would you recommend an abortion?" (of course, the baby was Ludwig von Beethoven, which supports the anti-abortion sentiment)

The initial arguments are ridiculous, as they require a decision based on knowing the future.
    Guess what? NO ONE KNOWS THE FUTURE.
    Thus, you're wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Robgmn View Post
    Where you're wrong is in the supposition that the decision to grant clearance occurred after the controversy.
    That would be like saying "Would you grant this person a drivers license?: Man drinks a quart of JD then drives into a busload of schoolkids at 80MPH"
    Or "The grandmother is an alcoholic and the father spends his evenings out drinking in the taverns. His mother has tuberculosis. She has already given birth to four children. The first child is blind, the second child died, the third child is deaf, and the fourth child has tuberculosis. Now the mother is pregnant again.
    Given the extreme situation, would you recommend an abortion?" (of course, the baby was Ludwig von Beethoven, which supports the anti-abortion sentiment)

The initial arguments are ridiculous, as they require a decision based on knowing the future.
    Guess what? NO ONE KNOWS THE FUTURE.
    Thus, you're wrong.
    It has nothing to do with the future. Past illegal act's as the FBI director stated is enough to qualify for disapproval of a security clearance. Hell the FBI director him self stated that fact in front of congress that if someone else did what she did would be held accountable. Too much politics entered into her not getting indicted pure and simple.
    The only easy day was yesterday
    Dedicated to my brother in law who died
    doing what he loved being a Navy SEAL

Well, your OP topic is: "Would this person be eligible to obtain a security clearance?", which would be a hypothetical about a future event.

"Obtain'' means to get something you do not have. It isn't a past-tense word, it is future-tense.
    That means your post is all about a hypothetical future event.

You are inaccurate once again.

Nice try to have the overall subject changed. I had a Top Secret clearance while in the Navy and it's a fact that prior to receiving that clearance, the FBI looked at my past long and hard to see if there was anything that smelled that would deny me from receiving that clearance, so it's quite correct to review a persons past to verify that they can be trusted with actions in the future. Anyone with half a brain would understand that if it wasn't Hillary, they would have been indicted, which the FBI director stated himself.

You are so lost in your own head, you don't even realize that you fully supported my argument that you are WRONG yet again.
    I'm thinkining more and more that you should change your name to Oopsspec9119 based on all of the mistakes you make in your posts.

Where in my statement saying it's quite correct to review a persons past to verify that they can be trusted with actions in the future that fully supported your argument saying the past can't be used to predict the future. It gives a good picture of past misdeeds that can show a pattern in the person. Tell me, with her misuse of all the classified items, do you feel if it was a normal person they would be allowed to obtain a security clearance.

8. Opsspec......Some people will just never get it.
    Robbie is most definitely one of those...

Mikeychild: You can't even formulate a thought of your own. Without memes created by other people, you'd have nothing to add to thread at all.

Oopsspec: If you don't understand present tense and past tense by now, maybe you'll learn it when you advance to the seventh grade.
    Or not.

Just answer this, if a person has been proven to have allowed above Top Secret info to be misplaced, given to a person who doesn't have a security clearance and removed to a non secured, unauthorized server, do you really think they would be allowed to obtain a security clearance? I DODN'T THINK SO. That's the basic question.

SO, you'd agree that Colin Powell shouldn't have been granted any security clearance?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast