“Don’t tread on me” racially offensive.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: “Don’t tread on me” racially offensive.

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    ARIZONA-a short distance from the sun
    Posts
    8,897

    “Don’t tread on me” racially offensive.

    First the Confederate Flag, now the Gadsden Flag. Is the American Flag Next?

    ALERT: If you own “Don’t tread on me” gear, spread this EVERYWHERE...

    ALERT: If you own "Don't tread on me" gear, spread this EVERYWHERE... - Allen B. West - AllenBWest.com

    Gadsden flag under EEOC microscope: Agency unclear if iconic ‘Don’t Tread on Me’ design is racist

    ~ The Liberal Progressive Child Murderers Always Manipulate Truth To Be Hate Speech. Never Let These Purveyors Of Infanticide Set The Terms In A Debate ~
    ~ God Hates Religion ~
    But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach to you a gospel contrary to the one we preached to you, let him be accursed.

  2.   
  3. Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    First the Confederate Flag, now the Gadsden Flag. Is the American Flag Next?

    ALERT: If you own “Don’t tread on me” gear, spread this EVERYWHERE...

    ALERT: If you own "Don't tread on me" gear, spread this EVERYWHERE... - Allen B. West - AllenBWest.com

    Gadsden flag under EEOC microscope: Agency unclear if iconic ‘Don’t Tread on Me’ design is racist

    ~ The Liberal Progressive Child Murderers Always Manipulate Truth To Be Hate Speech. Never Let These Purveyors Of Infanticide Set The Terms In A Debate ~
    Yup. Heard that the cotton thread Betsy Ross used in sewing the American Flag was made of cotton that was picked by slave. Therefore, the American Flag is raciest.

    Just remember, if Obama is ever appointed to the USSC, he will declare the US Constitution Unconstitutional.
    Proud Member of the Vast Right Wing Conspiricy

  4. #3
    I wouldn't say that flag is necessarily racist, I would say many owners of that flag happen to be racist. There's a difference.

  5. Quote Originally Posted by GryHounnd View Post
    I wouldn't say that flag is necessarily racist, I would say many owners of that flag happen to be racist. There's a difference.
    Ah, your using reason and logic. Your not being fair. Race Hustlers and their ilk just want the $$$. Remember, Black LIES Matter.
    Proud Member of the Vast Right Wing Conspiricy

  6. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Posts
    7,761
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    First the Confederate Flag, now the Gadsden Flag. Is the American Flag Next?
    The Gadsden Flag should've been the American flag for all the reasons "An American Guesser" articulated just before the Declaration of Independence was....well....declared.

    From the link:

    An American Guesser

    In December 1775, "An American Guesser" anonymously wrote to the Pennsylvania Journal:

    "I observed on one of the drums belonging to the marines now raising, there was painted a Rattle-Snake, with this modest motto under it, 'Don't tread on me.' As I know it is the custom to have some device on the arms of every country, I supposed this may have been intended for the arms of America."

    This anonymous writer, having "nothing to do with public affairs" and "in order to divert an idle hour," speculated on why a snake might be chosen as a symbol for America.

    First, it occurred to him that "the Rattle-Snake is found in no other quarter of the world besides America."

    The rattlesnake also has sharp eyes, and "may therefore be esteemed an emblem of vigilance." Furthermore,

    "She never begins an attack, nor, when once engaged, ever surrenders: She is therefore an emblem of magnanimity and true courage. ... she never wounds 'till she has generously given notice, even to her enemy, and cautioned him against the danger of treading on her."

    Finally,

    "I confess I was wholly at a loss what to make of the rattles, 'till I went back and counted them and found them just thirteen, exactly the number of the Colonies united in America; and I recollected too that this was the only part of the Snake which increased in numbers. ...

    "'Tis curious and amazing to observe how distinct and independent of each other the rattles of this animal are, and yet how firmly they are united together, so as never to be separated but by breaking them to pieces. One of those rattles singly, is incapable of producing sound, but the ringing of thirteen together, is sufficient to alarm the boldest man living."

    Many scholars now agree that this "American Guesser" was Benjamin Franklin.

    Franklin is also known for opposing the use of an eagle — "a bird of bad moral character" — as a national symbol.
    Otherwise, to the EEOC I say this: Come and take it you tyrannical scoundrels!



    Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

  7. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by BluesStringer View Post
    The Gadsden Flag should've been the American flag for all the reasons "An American Guesser" articulated just before the Declaration of Independence was....well....declared.

    From the link:



    Otherwise, to the EEOC I say this: Come and take it you tyrannical scoundrels!



    Blues
    So you're saying you'd be proud for the symbol for America to be a crooked snake...I suppose it has the virtue of accurately reflecting our political & economic systems....not to mention the souls and morals of some of our citizens.

    BTW, I'm not putting words in your mouth...I'm spelling out how your sentiment might be viewed in some quarters.

  8. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Posts
    7,761
    Quote Originally Posted by GryHounnd View Post
    So you're saying you'd be proud for the symbol for America to be a crooked snake...I suppose it has the virtue of accurately reflecting our political & economic systems....not to mention the souls and morals of some of our citizens.
    No, troll, I'm saying I'd be proud for the symbol of America to have been the Gadsden Flag for all the reasons "An American Guesser" articulated at that link just like I said in what you quoted.

    Quote Originally Posted by GryHounnd View Post
    BTW, I'm not putting words in your mouth...I'm spelling out how your sentiment might be viewed in some quarters.
    You're making a distinction without a difference. You purposely left out the rationale that I clearly stated for why I said the Gadsden Flag should've been the American flag, and then attributed wholly made-up meanings to my words about what you imagine I would be proud of. Only in the vacuous, insipid mind of a troll could that be construed as not putting words in my head/mouth/posts. Piss off.

    Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

  9. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by BluesStringer View Post
    No, troll, I'm saying I'd be proud for the symbol of America to have been the Gadsden Flag for all the reasons "An American Guesser" articulated at that link just like I said in what you quoted.



    You're making a distinction without a difference. You purposely left out the rationale that I clearly stated for why I said the Gadsden Flag should've been the American flag, and then attributed wholly made-up meanings to my words about what you imagine I would be proud of. Only in the vacuous, insipid mind of a troll could that be construed as not putting words in my head/mouth/posts. Piss off.

    Blues
    And yet, historically the symbol of the snake has been associated with sin, dishonesty, scheming, and generally shady characters. But hey, to each his own...god bless you too!

  10. #9
    Anything the Left doesn't like is either Politically Incorrect or Racial. Screw them.

  11. Quote Originally Posted by GryHounnd View Post
    So you're saying you'd be proud for the symbol for America to be a crooked snake...
    Crooked Snake - Speaking of Hillary...............................
    Proud Member of the Vast Right Wing Conspiricy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast