On the Libertarian Option

Thread: On the Libertarian Option

Thumbs down On the Libertarian Option

From TTAG | Libertarian VP Pick Weld: Rifles are “Weapons of Mass Destruction”:

This is the Libertarian VP candidate speaking about guns or what he thinks he knows about them. Does anyone still think that voting Libertarian is an option? I do not have any further comments as I am speechless.

This guy is an *ss. Besides, any vote for a third party is a vote for Killary.
    "Lets Be Careful Out There!"

Ron

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Quote Originally Posted by RonM0710 View Post
    This guy is an *ss. Besides, any vote for a third party is a vote for Killary.
    A vote for Hillary is a vote for Hillary.

A vote for Trump is a vote for Trump.

A vote for Johnson/Weld is a vote for Johnson/Weld.

A vote for none of the above is a vote for none of the above.

Have you ever thought about why it is that only a non-vote for the Republican candidate, or 3rd-party vote is considered a vote for the Democrat candidate? Why do we never hear the inverse of that brainless meme, that a vote for Bernie, for example, is a vote for Trump?

If you can answer the first question you'll be well on your way to understanding why some people, myself included, pick none of the above, and reject that the Republican Party is populated by people smart enough to actually nominate someone who can or should win. You keep nominating people who have supported Planned Parenthood and/or abortion in general for the vast majority of their public careers, people who have befriended both the Clintons on universal health care and assault weapons bans, people who refuse to support auditing the Federal Reserve at a minimum, even though they should support abolishing the Fed to get back to an actual constitutional form of government, people who support endless foreign wars and decades-long domestic wars against their home-country's own people (war on drugs, war on poverty, blah blah blah), people who support TARP, quantitative easing, putting up candidates with questionable citizenship or eligibility to be President history, people who have either been in the opposing party for a significant portion of their careers or crossed party lines as often as not while serving in Congress, you keep nominating people like this, and you will keep pushing people like me away from voting for the people you keep nominating. And not voting for these kinds of people is not the same thing as voting for the opposition candidate. Only voting for someone in either party is the same thing as voting for someone in either party. It is evidence of a weak mind with no logic residing inside to claim otherwise.

Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

Damn, that guy sounds really libertarian to me.
    Wait a minute... maybe not.

Don't forget, a vote for Johnson is a vote for Hillary!

Quote Originally Posted by SR9 View Post
    Don't forget, a vote for Johnson is a vote for Hillary!
    No, a vote for Johnson is a vote for Johnson. Otherwise, a vote for Trump would be a vote for Hillary as well. But then, may be it is?

How about a vote for Hillary is a vote for Trump? You should be fine with that, right?

A vote for Trump or Hillary is a wasted vote from people who wish to destroy America.

Sent from my SM-G935V using USA Carry mobile app
    “One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson