Hillary Clinton’s Anti-Gun Quotes
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hillary Clinton’s Anti-Gun Quotes

By: Robert Farago
    June 2000: Clinton endorses a bill introduced by Sen. Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.) that would requiire licensing and registration for handguns. “I stand in support of this common-sense legislation to license everyone who wishes to purchase a gun,” she says. “I also believe that every new handgun sale or transfer should be registered in a national registry, such as Chuck is proposing.”
    August 2000: Clinton endorses a DLC position statement that says the government should “require ‘smart gun’ technology to prevent use of firearms by unauthorized persons.”
    January 2008: Asked during a Democratic presidential debate whether “you’ve backed off a national licensing [and] registration plan,” Clinton says, “Yes.” She avers that “we need to enforce the laws that we have on the books” but adds, “I would also work to reinstate the assault weapons ban. We now have, once again, police deaths going up around the country, and in large measure because bad guys now have assault weapons again.”
    April 2008: “I respect the Second Amendment. I respect the rights of lawful gun owners to own guns, to use their guns, but I also believe that most lawful gun owners whom I have spoken with for many years across our country also want to be sure that we keep those guns out of the wrong hands. And as president, I will work to try to bridge this divide, which I think has been polarizing and, frankly, doesn’t reflect the common sense of the American people. We will strike the right balance to protect the constitutional right but to give people the feeling and the reality that they will be protected from guns in the wrong hands….
    “What I favor is what works in New York. You know, we have a set of rules in New York City and we have a totally different set of rules in the rest of the state. What might work in New York City is certainly not going to work in Montana. So, for the federal government to be having any kind of, you know, blanket rules that they’re going to try to impose, I think doesn’t make sense.”
    May 2014: “I think again we’re way out of balance. We’ve got to rein in what has become almost an article of faith that almost anybody can have a gun anywhere at any time. And I don’t believe that is in the best interest of the vast majority of people.”
    June 2014: “I believe that we need a more thoughtful conversation,” Clinton says while promoting her memoir on CNN. “We cannot let a minority of people—and that’s what it is, it is a minority of people—hold a viewpoint that terrorizes the majority of people.” She says she favors “background checks that work” and twice refers erroneously to mass shooters with “automatic” weapons.
    On the idea of respecting the right of people to keep and bear arms, Hillary had the following to say just last year.
    “We’ve got to rein in what has become an almost article of faith that anybody can have a gun anywhere, anytime,” she said. “And I don’t believe that is in the best interest of the vast majority of people.”
    Note the language in use. Not that the majority of people agree with her point of view, but that she knows what’s best for everyone and wants to make her vision a reality. That’s slightly concerning, but as we start reaching further back in history things get worse. Earlier in the year, Hillary appeared to believe that American gun owners are potential terrorists.
    Clinton, thought to be a likely 2016 presidential candidate, then made a glaring error when making an emotional plea to promote gun control.
    She said she couldn’t understand how an individual could walk into a school with an “automatic weapon” and “murder innocent children, students, teachers.” In fact, automatic weapons are highly regulated and very difficult to acquire. It is likely the former first lady was actually referring to semi-automatic weapons.
    She referred to “automatic weapons” for a second time later during the town hall, saying they can do more damage than ever before. There have been two homicides committed with legally owned fully automatic weapons since 1934, according to GunCite.com.
    Stepping back to the last real presidential campaign, Hillary admitted during a debate in the Democratic primaries that her goal is to re-instate the failed Assault Weapons Ban:
    I will also work to reinstate the assault weapons ban. We had it during the 1990s. It really was an aid to our police officers, who are now once again, because it has lapsed–the Republicans will not reinstate it–are being outgunned on our streets by these military-style weapons.
    As we have stated many times, the Assault Weapons Ban is widely acknowledged even by President Obama’s own staff to have had no effect whatsoever on reducing crime and only impacts law abiding citizens. But Hillary doesn’t care — “assault weapons” are scary and need to be banned. For the children.
    Beyond simply banning “assault weapons,” Hillary has also publicly stated her belief that all firearms should be registered.
    “I stand in support of this common sense legislation to license everyone who wishes to purchase a gun,” Clinton said. “I also believe that every new handgun sale or transfer should be registered in a national registry, such as Chuck is proposing.”
    Read More: Hillary Clinton's Anti-Gun Quotes - The Truth About Guns
    My Thoughts:
    What I find amazing is the number of people here on a pro-gun webb site that will give Hillary, who will change the Supreme Court with 3 to 5 new members, backup that she is going to be a better president than Trump who has stated numerous times his backing of our 2A and has received the backing of the NRA.
    If these people here are pro-gun then it’s beyond understanding why they are backing Hillary becoming president. It can’t be any plainer than, if Hillary gets in, you’re going to see massive restrictions and new regulations through executive actions and then what are they going to say, but I’ll say you were warned.
    Her statement, “If the 2A is a right” should tell you everything you need to know, where she’s coming from and going to go.
    The only easy day was yesterday
    Dedicated to my brother in law who died
    doing what he loved being a Navy SEAL

An yet with all of the (evidence)statements found in print and video of Hillary Clinton saying she wants to take our guns away, there are still people on this website that support here daily. Talk about you r blind and stupid zombie followers?

4. I "believe".....

The people here on this pro gun web site that support Hillary is very hard to believe, knowing where she stands on doing major restrictions to our 2A right's. Just remember her statement, "If the 2A is a right" should tell you to be against her and what about her putting in 3 to 4 Supreme Court Justices, which will effect our children and grandchildren for years.

Ops, did you finally realize that Hillary is an anti-gunner? Or just felt an insatiable need to post old, known facts?
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

I've known for years, I just find it remarkable that someone on a pro gun forum would be pro Hillary, knowing her stance on screwing with our gun rights.

Quote Originally Posted by opsspec1991 View Post
    I've known for years, I just find it remarkable that someone on a pro gun forum would be pro Hillary, knowing her stance on screwing with our gun rights.
    Do you understand WHY they are voting for Hillary?

The answer is really really simple................ Trump
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

With Hillary as president the lobbyists and people in power in Washington will be able to keep their rice bowls from breaking also.

Howdy,

My fave was when she said:

"If you a +40yo SWM w/out kids ( thank God) that still lives with their mom and has a "Command Post" in the basement......... I'm coming for your guns!"

This is funny because their Moms will NOT let them have a gun.

Paul

Considering what she's said against gun ownership, you might use some common sense and understand where she's coming from, if you are a gun owner and don't want to see your 2A right's screwed with her executive orders. Being such a protonate of Hillary, then why on earth are you on a pro-gun web site?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast