A Patriot Passed This Week

Thread: A Patriot Passed This Week

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA

A Patriot Passed This Week

I've been reticent to post about this here, because I know it will be met with scorn and ridicule from the peanut gallery rather than the reverent respect due a man of Mike Vanderboegh's character, but knowing that he himself thanked his adversaries every time they revealed themselves as the liars, provocateurs and anti-American low-lifes that they still are, who am I to deny Mike the chance to laugh at them from Heaven one more time? So here goes.

The announcement came on Wednesday, August 10, 2016 - "A Patriot Has Passed On Today." That link is a (very brief and incomplete) synopsis of Mike Vanderboegh's life. His readers have known for years that his passing-on could come at any time, especially-so over the last three months or so after he handed over the reigns of Sipsey Street Irregulars blog to his son, Matt, because he had determined with his doctors that the end, or New Beginning depending on your perspective, was near, so a long, comprehensive eulogy wasn't necessary in that venue. His readers just needed to know the time had come.

I went to Mike's funeral yesterday. He and I weren't "friends" per se, but we had met several times and I corresponded with him both on and off-site of his blog. Our correspondence was always issue-related, as opposed to personal "just-thinking-about-you" kinds of reaching-out, so though not really friends, we were friendly and familiar. His funeral was held in Leeds, AL, about four hours from here, and I felt compelled to make the trip. I'm glad I did.

Mike was eulogized by two men that many in the Liberty Movement have heard of. Bob Wright gave a stirring talk recounting the many nights around a campfire that they spent while guarding the Southern border in New Mexico where Bob is both the founder and leader of the modern-day state militia. He and Mike met ~25 years ago and became great friends over the subsequent several years through participation in militia organizing etc. You can "meet" him at this link if you're interested. Mike was with him at that Open Carry Texas rally as well. That speech by Mike is a good one for getting to know him if you're unaware of who he was, but I've settled on this speech from the steps of the CT Statehouse as my all-time favorite where he introduced himself as a "smuggler." As Bob confirmed during his eulogy, Mike continued to organize his smuggling efforts from his death-bed right up until about a week before he passed on.

Mike was known by many for his "extremism" or his calls in 2010 for breaking windows at Democrat campaign offices etc. He wasn't particularly happy with Republicans either, but his civil disobedience, activism and even vandalism and smuggling efforts, no matter which Party was being targeted, are not what he should be remembered for, which brings me to the second man who eulogized him yesterday, Mike's partner in being the first two men to expose the Obama/Holder attempt to stack the deck for gun control with the Gunwalker and Fast and Furious scandals, David Codrea. It seems most people, even ardent Patriot and Liberty Movement acolytes, don't know that Mike and David were the impetus behind the F&F scandal ever getting out to the public. That nothing ever came of it is not the measure of the Herculean effort and accomplishment these two men should always be known and remembered for. If we were still in the days of exposed government corruption leading to the downfall of Presidents and their underlings, Mike Vanderboegh and David Codrea would be the Woodward and Bernstein of modern-day journalism, but alas, those days are long gone. Their efforts and accomplishments should be remembered in no less-elevated a light though.

The AP, SPLC, ADL and other leftist, gun-grabbing collectivist organizations have reported about Mike's passing with lies of omission, if not with outright joy that he is finally silenced. As Mike was known to repeat in (I think) every speech since CT's Intolerable Act was passed shortly after Sandy Hook though, "It is better to be despised by the despicable than admired by the admirable." Mike lived those words to his dying day.

A more objective and accurate source for who Mike was can be found here, "Gun Rights Groups Lose a Powerful Voice and Unyielding Patriot" from the American Thinker website. The piece was given props by Matt Vanderboegh, Mike's son and now-proprietor of Sipsey Street Irregulars blog, as being fair in a post from early today entitled simply, "Tributes."

Mike himself vetted and authorized the publishing of this piece upon his death. Written by reporter Judy L. Thomas for the Kansas City Star newspaper and website, Matt described it as having been, "...vetted and sanctioned by Mike, warts and all." If it's good enough for Mike, it's good enough for me. I recommend it for anyone looking for the truncated story of a Patriot to the Founders' Constitution's life.

RIP Brother Mike. Your rich example has been an inspiration in my life. Oh but if I will only be remembered for 1/10th the loyalty, courage, integrity and quality of friendship with which you were remembered yesterday, I will have led a rich life indeed.

Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

3. I am sorry to hear of his passing. I agree, he was a true patriot as well.

Rest in peace.

Amen. Rest In Peace.
    ~ God Hates Religion ~
    "But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach to you a gospel contrary to the one we preached to you, let him be condemned to HELL"