A question about political opinion polls? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A question about political opinion polls?

Quote Originally Posted by Stengun View Post
    Howdy,

It depends on who is doing the polling.

Also you cannot just look at one poll you have to take numerous ones, add the numbers and divide by the number of polls to get a decent average.

You should also avoid polls from extreme groups no matter if they are left or right because each has an agenda.

The pollster call cell phones all the time and I've even received one on my GI cell phone. About two months ago I was expecting a phone call from DC and when I answered the call it was a pollster.

Paul
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by opsspec1991 View Post
    Fraudulent polls and fraudulent voting go hand in hand.
    The most nonsensical statement of the day from you. You are clearly the low information voter that pretty much believes in anything someone posts on the Internet. It doesn't matter that it is blatantly false and completely nonsensical, as long as it does further your political agenda.

You not only have any proof whatsoever for your statement, but also completely fail to understand pretty much everything that is involved in political opinion polling and in the voting process. They are completely different in nature.

I assume that there is some conspiracy going on between all opinion polling companies working in the US, the governments of each state and each municipality, and all volunteer poll workers in oder to coordinate fraudulent polls and fraudulent voting. This also obviously requires 8,451,648 dead people to vote for Hillary, to make sure that Hillary wins by the 6.7% she is currently leading in the opinion polls. (That number assumes that Hillary and Donald are in an actual dead heat.)

Would you argue that polls and elections are rigged if Trump would lead by 20%? Probably not.

Any poll that is loop sided and leaning towards one side should be suspected period, wither it's democrat or republican, but as we have seen in reports by places like Fair the Vote, the number of democrats in a whole lot of these polls is on average 4 to 1.
    The only easy day was yesterday
    Dedicated to my brother in law who died
    doing what he loved being a Navy SEAL

Any poll that is loop sided and leaning towards one side should be suspected period, wither it's democrat or republican, but as we have seen in reports by places like Fair the Vote, the number of democrats in a whole lot of these polls is on average 4 to 1.
    What does "poll that is loop sided and leaning towards one side" mean? If a poll doesn't show a 50/50 split it is not legit? Or, you are talking about polls that are deviating left or right from the mean of all polls? Guess why RealClearPolitics is taking an average of polls and not including polls that are known to be highly inaccurate? An average, well, averages left and right leaning outliers out.

Can you provide a link to "Fair the Vote" or is that just another made up claim?

Got the name wrong, here's the site: FairVote
    The only easy day was yesterday
    Dedicated to my brother in law who died
    doing what he loved being a Navy SEAL

Got the name wrong, here's the site: FairVote
    What has this to do with this thread then? Can you make a complete argument with appropriate links for once? You posted ...

... with no links to the report that says the number of Democrats in a whole lot of these polls is on average 4 to 1. Does this report exist? You made the argument it does, so it is up to you to post a link to it.

Do not be deceived: What the polls say

One of my favorite Bible verses is a warning from Jesus Christ concerning the latter days. It's found in Matthew 24:4 and says, "Take heed that no man deceive you." Saying that in the last days, perilous times shall come, the Apostle Paul echoes such a warning in 2 Timothy 3:13, "But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving and being deceived." Deception is key to taking well-intended people off the track of what is right and good. To combat deception, we need discernment, which is found in the Holy Scriptures and under the guidance of the Holy Spirit. We need a lot of wisdom to discern these days. Those wishing to deceive often do it by trying to co-op your support through peer pressure.

Have you noticed the way the media tries to ply your opinion? For example, from now to election day, various media will be conducting their own polls to show you what America is thinking. Take heed that they do not deceive you. ABC, MSNBC, CBS, Washington Post, LA Times, Chicago Tribune, New York Times-all of these and more will be conducting their "polls" to show you how America will vote on election day. Take them with a grain of salt because just as these outlets' stories are biased and passed off as unbiased news, so too, are their polls. Their sampling practices are weighted toward their bias. I know this from my days in politics.

When running a large political campaign, polling data is imperative. Accurate polling data can mean the difference between winning and losing in a tight race. It can give you trends, messaging guidance, issues, demographics and a whole lot more. But it has to be accurate or your entire campaign will be off. So politicians do not use media polls. They hire a polling company to conduct an accurate poll based on a scientifically drawn, unbiased sampling of the voters. The media, admittedly weighs their samplings toward a Democratic bias because they draw more voters from the Democratic voting base. Also, online polls are suspect because it is difficult to verify who is actually giving the information and how many times they are giving it.

Constitution.com reports: "Media polls are driven by the desire to achieve a certain outcome. That is why you think Hillary is leading Trump by 10 points. If you were paying attention, one of these polls had Hillary up by 15 points before the GOP convention. After the convention, Trump was up 15 points, a 30% jump! Statistically impossible. After the democrat convention, Hillary was up 10 points, a 25% swing. Again, can't happen. The media is jerking our chain. DO NOT believe them. The only polls that can be believed are internal polls that are rarely made public." A truly statistically balanced poll taken by Constitution.com paints a totally different picture-Trump 67%; Clinton 19%; Undecided 13%. Interesting, right?

Bill Wilson- Daily Jot -
    ~ God Hates Religion ~
    But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach to you a gospel contrary to the one we preached to you, let him be accursed.

Ringo, do you have any thoughts, you seem to only parrot thoughts of others.

As for the polls, of course they are worded to elicit the desired responses.

The demographic of those polled, those that still have a landline, has changed in the last decade or so due to the number of households giving up their landline.

If you can find something in your bible that kinda sorta fits, congratulations you have discovered a coincidence, what a coincidence.

If you look hard enough you can probably find a correlation between the fact polls change due to the demographic change in those that still have landlines... which must make cell phones the tool of Satan or similar nonsense.

Addendum: Oh crap, I Googled "cellphones work of the devil"..... someone beat you to it
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    Do not be deceived: What the polls say

One of my favorite Bible verses is a warning from Jesus Christ concerning the latter days. It's found in Matthew 24:4 and says, "Take heed that no man deceive you." Saying that in the last days, perilous times shall come, the Apostle Paul echoes such a warning in 2 Timothy 3:13, "But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving and being deceived." Deception is key to taking well-intended people off the track of what is right and good. To combat deception, we need discernment, which is found in the Holy Scriptures and under the guidance of the Holy Spirit. We need a lot of wisdom to discern these days. Those wishing to deceive often do it by trying to co-op your support through peer pressure.

Have you noticed the way the media tries to ply your opinion? For example, from now to election day, various media will be conducting their own polls to show you what America is thinking. Take heed that they do not deceive you. ABC, MSNBC, CBS, Washington Post, LA Times, Chicago Tribune, New York Times-all of these and more will be conducting their "polls" to show you how America will vote on election day. Take them with a grain of salt because just as these outlets' stories are biased and passed off as unbiased news, so too, are their polls. Their sampling practices are weighted toward their bias. I know this from my days in politics.

When running a large political campaign, polling data is imperative. Accurate polling data can mean the difference between winning and losing in a tight race. It can give you trends, messaging guidance, issues, demographics and a whole lot more. But it has to be accurate or your entire campaign will be off. So politicians do not use media polls. They hire a polling company to conduct an accurate poll based on a scientifically drawn, unbiased sampling of the voters. The media, admittedly weighs their samplings toward a Democratic bias because they draw more voters from the Democratic voting base. Also, online polls are suspect because it is difficult to verify who is actually giving the information and how many times they are giving it.

Constitution.com reports: "Media polls are driven by the desire to achieve a certain outcome. That is why you think Hillary is leading Trump by 10 points. If you were paying attention, one of these polls had Hillary up by 15 points before the GOP convention. After the convention, Trump was up 15 points, a 30% jump! Statistically impossible. After the democrat convention, Hillary was up 10 points, a 25% swing. Again, can't happen. The media is jerking our chain. DO NOT believe them. The only polls that can be believed are internal polls that are rarely made public." A truly statistically balanced poll taken by Constitution.com paints a totally different picture-Trump 67%; Clinton 19%; Undecided 13%. Interesting, right?

Bill Wilson- Daily Jot -
    While I don't disagree with Bill or Constitution.com about much of anything said above, I do believe there's a major omission as far as what kinds of deceptions we see in these End Times. That deception is that voting matters a wit anymore. It doesn't, and it won't for as long as any of us remain alive and/or still chained to our worldly bonds.

While I always appreciate well-written analysis of issues that most people still consider important, none of it will ever again convince me that voting for men (or women) will or can ever turn this ship around. The whole world is under Judgment already. Why anyone would believe that meaningless check-marks next to one candidate's or another's name will put Judgment on the slow-roll, or even stop it, is beyond my ability to understand. These kinds of analysis from Christian writers show me that they are as deceived as the groups they identify within their analysis. I don't need to know who we should vote for, or which poll to believe, I need to know what I should pray for and which verses to study to be as prepared as I can be when that Blessed time comes.

God and Heaven are eternal. America doesn't even exist as-constituted anymore.

Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

I ignore the polls until after the first face-to-face debates. But we know that the only polls that matter are the election polls on November 8th.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast