Words of Wisdom from Thomas Jefferson

Thread: Words of Wisdom from Thomas Jefferson

Words of Wisdom from Thomas Jefferson

Unfortunately this is too long to be my signature but here are some words from Mr. Thomas Jefferson that some of our politicians need to see.

"On every question of construction (of the Constitution, let us) carry ourselves back to a time when the Constitution was adopted, recollect the spirit manifested in the debates, and instead of trying what meaning may be squeezed out of the text, or invented against it, conform to the probable one which it was passed." -Thomas Jefferson 1823

Excerpt found in Volume 62 Issue 36 of Shotgun News

"Common Sense" gun laws. Common sense tells me that the gun didn't carry itself to the crime scene and pull it's own trigger. Punish the criminals, not the guns!

There is little wisdom of that nature in public office these days.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    There is little wisdom of that nature in public office these days.
    I agree, and it's getting worse soon!

"Common Sense" gun laws. Common sense tells me that the gun didn't carry itself to the crime scene and pull it's own trigger. Punish the criminals, not the guns!