Losing Your Guns - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Losing Your Guns

Quote Originally Posted by mikestone967 View Post
    The first "ten" are immutable...
    Nothing is immutable...even stone wears away given enough time and the forces of nature. It's already been proven that you can repeal an amendment to the constitution (see amendments 18 & 21 for reference)...it just takes enough votes...votes the gun control people don't have.

It's not so much changing the 2A, it's all the regulations and executive order changes that might be tried by Hillary, which she's said time and time again.
    The only easy day was yesterday
    Dedicated to my brother in law who died
    doing what he loved being a Navy SEAL

It is unarguable based on our murder rates in this country there is a gun violence problem in our nation. The main question to answer is HOW it will be dealt with...by enforcing rigidly and harshly our existing firearms laws, or drawing up completely new "feel good" redundant ones. I favor harsher enforcement of current laws myself to bring down gun violence...but something does need to be done to address the issue.

Losing Your Guns

Quote Originally Posted by GryHounnd View Post
    It is unarguable based on our murder rates in this country there is a gun violence problem in our nation. The main question to answer is HOW it will be dealt with...by enforcing rigidly and harshly our existing firearms laws, or drawing up completely new "feel good" redundant ones. I favor harsher enforcement of current laws myself to bring down gun violence...but something does need to be done to address the issue.
    There no such thing as "gun violence" or a "gun violence problem". There are all kinds of problems, such as drugs, gangs, poverty, and mental health, none of which are being addressed. The term "gun violence" was invented to blame inanimate objects and not people for problems caused by people. After all, we didn't call 9/11 "airplane violence". Stronger enforcement of current gun laws won't address these problems either.

6. Quote Originally Posted by GryHounnd View Post
    Nothing is immutable...even stone wears away given enough time and the forces of nature. It's already been proven that you can repeal an amendment to the constitution (see amendments 18 & 21 for reference)...it just takes enough votes...votes the gun control people don't have.
    You'll notice that none of the "top ten" are in your list...

Just sayin..... Ya know?

7. Quote Originally Posted by GryHounnd View Post
    Can you explain to me and the others here, how can an inanimate object have volition of its own?
    Do cigarette lighters cause arson?

The problem with you liberals is that you don't live in reality.
    Man has been killing man since the dawn of... well...man!
    The only thing that changes are the tools employed buy its possessor.

Objects do not cause violence. There is no intelligence imbued into the plastic and metal of a gun or a shovel.

None of these objects have the ability to cause harm if left alone and undisturbed.
    It's once you place that "object" into the hands of a human, that it's uses are achieved.

Now, when DARPA rolls out the "self driving car" we can hold the manufacturer accountable for the object..
    THAT should make your liberal mouth drool in anticipation..

You'll notice that none of the "top ten" are in your list...

Just sayin..... Ya know?
    And given the proper circumstances they could be. In some cases they already are....I mean you don't think the 1st, 2nd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, or 8th apply to you or the rest of the American population with no restrictions? Because if you do, I can name exceptions to every single one of them. To suspend the vast majority of your rights, under the Patriot Act all the government has to do is call you a suspected terrorist. The hilarious thing is, they don't even have to prove it! They can just grab you off the street, fly your sorry hide to gitmo, and declare you an enemy combatant. Boom, you have no rights!

Just sayin....Ya Know!
    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

9. Quote Originally Posted by GryHounnd View Post
    And given the proper circumstances they could be. In some cases they already are....I mean you don't think the 1st, 2nd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, or 8th apply to you or the rest of the American population with no restrictions? Because if you do, I can name exceptions to every single one of them. To suspend the vast majority of your rights, under the Patriot Act all the government has to do is call you a suspected terrorist. The hilarious thing is, they don't even have to prove it! They can just grab you off the street, fly your sorry hide to gitmo, and declare you an enemy combatant. Boom, you have no rights!

Just sayin....Ya Know!
    All of it illegal and unconstitutional.
    Just sayin..... Ya know?

All of it illegal and unconstitutional.
    Just sayin..... Ya know?
    I'd like to see you make that defense stick. I know that logic isn't working out too well for the Bundy crowd.

11. Quote Originally Posted by bofh View Post
    ??? There is no different court that could restore it. Only SCOTUS could, which would require a drastic change that is simply not going to happen.

At least you see your error. The 2nd Amendment is at risk and your meme is a fairy tale.

Once a right is gone, it is gone. I am still waiting to get my right back to have a silencer without government registration.
    This; bofh is correct.

Once the 2nd has been reinterpreted as a collective right, it will remain that way, very likely in perpetuity. Clinton will nominate not just Scalia's replacement, but possibly a couple more. She could change the complexion of the SC for the next 30 years….maybe even longer.

Once this happens, there are only a couple of faint (very faint) hopes of retaining the 2nd as an individual right. 1) A specific case would need to be brought before the court that threatened the Heller decision (in order for it to be reversed). And 2) The SC has traditionally been reluctant to reverse previous SC court rulings, preferring to allow SC rulings to remain as precedent. And 3) In THEORY, the SC is supposed to take into account historical, popular interpretations of the law. In other words, the SC would be very aware (if they have any brains left at all), that there would be extreme popular discontent with a reversal of Heller, or any other "neutering" of the popularly understood meaning of the 2nd.

BUT, the Liberal wing of the SC has demonstrated that it is ACTIVIST in demeanor. And this means that it would be highly likely to reverse Heller if given the opportunity. Secondly, Heller could be essentially nullified by another ruling which might impinge upon it.
    Anyone who believes that a Clinton Presidency would not pose an extremely grave threat to the 2nd as an individual right is being beyond naive; just plain stupid.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast