Losing Your Guns - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Losing Your Guns

Just because I didn't put the disclaimer that it was done by an unknown author doesn't in the least change the subject matter in the least. You say just because Trump made a offhand statement 25 sum years ago, that disqualifies him in your mind. Well just wait and see what's around the corner if Hillary get's in and can change the Supreme Court with 3 to 5 replacements. At least Trump is putting forth a list of 10 judges that are on our side of the gun debate.
    The only easy day was yesterday
    Dedicated to my brother in law who died
    doing what he loved being a Navy SEAL

Quote Originally Posted by opsspec1991 View Post
    "120,000,000 gun owners will not sit idly by and watch our rights taken away. We will come out to vote in higher than anticipated numbers, and we will NOT vote for Hillary. The fact is gun owners ONLY turn out as a block when our rights are under attack. For all his bluster Barack Obama never threatened us the way Hillary has. We the American gun owner are the wildcard the liberal pollsters donít know how to account for."
    Author unknown
    "Author unknown" is not a source.

Does not having a source change any of the meaning of the words in the post?
    The only easy day was yesterday
    Dedicated to my brother in law who died
    doing what he loved being a Navy SEAL

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Quote Originally Posted by opsspec1991 View Post
    Just because I didn't put the disclaimer that it was done by an unknown author doesn't in the least change the subject matter in the least. You say just because Trump made a offhand statement 25 sum years ago, that disqualifies him in your mind. Well just wait and see what's around the corner if Hillary get's in and can change the Supreme Court with 3 to 5 replacements. At least Trump is putting forth a list of 10 judges that are on our side of the gun debate.
    The reason your quoted-by-an-unknown-author crap is crap is for the same reason what I put in bold is crap - it's simply wrong. There is no way to substantiate the 120 million gun owners number to begin with, but most estimates range between 50 to 80 million. It's a wholly made-up "stat" that renders the unknown author unreliable for anything else he/she/it (it might've even just been a computer-generated bit of rhetorical hyperbole for all you know) has to say.

What I put in bold above is crap both for its accuracy and for your description of Trump having made an "offhand comment" about AWBs and waiting periods. It wasn't 25 years ago, it was in 2000, and it wasn't an "offhand comment," it was printed in his book of the same year when he authored the following:

...I support the ban on assault weapons and I support a slightly longer waiting period to purchase a gun. With today’s Internet technology we should be able to tell within 72-hours if a potential gun owner has a record. Source: The America We Deserve, by Donald Trump, p.102 , Jul 2, 2000
    The idiot apparently doesn't even know that most states have NO waiting periods, which means he'd be perfectly happy to institute waiting periods where none exist now by making them "slightly longer." That quote is what he intended his position to be known as for eternity, or else he wouldn't have authored it under his own name.

Good grief, you can lead a closet gun-grabber to water, but you can't make him think. Wake the heck up opsspec. You're shilling for a man who may well have hatched the plan to run interference explicitly for Hillary Clinton at his own wedding reception! Don't be a brainless dunce.

No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345