I once had to make a choice of keeping my SBI/SCI clearance, ergo my job, or lose both if I went ahead and married my Australian fiancé. An ally since the beginning of time! Hell, we had Australian soldiers running around in the same hallways that I walked in. And you're worried about splitting hairs? When I was in the service, we were constantly reminded of insider threats, of how the Soviets may have been destroyed but still were a threat from sleeper cells. And if you even so much look at a terrorist group, or worst talked to them, your butt was off to Leavenworth.

This forum, and others like it are witnessing these same tactics being used to subvert, shame, belittle others to force others to conform to their way of thinking. As my avatar stated; we are in a ***** generation.

ESQ: Your characters have become touchstones in the culture, whether it's Reagan invoking "Make my day" or now Trump … I swear he's even practiced your scowl.

CE: Maybe. But he's onto something, because secretly everybody's getting tired of political correctness, kissing up. That's the kiss-ass generation we're in right now. We're really in a ***** generation. Everybody's walking on eggshells. We see people accusing people of being racist and all kinds of stuff. When I grew up, those things weren't called racist...