Study: No Proof That People Are Born Gay or Transgender - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Study: No Proof That People Are Born Gay or Transgender

Quote Originally Posted by Oldgrunt View Post
    Rob: I realize that you aren't able to respond at this time from your vacation status but, hopefully you are still able to read comments of others. It seems that you believe that yours is the superior intellect and that comments of others are insignificant and otherwise meaningless but, with the above comment, you have proven yourself to be somewhat less than a medical scholar. Read this comment and rethink your assertion about all starting out as females.

"A zygote forms when sperm fertilizes an egg. In humans, both the egg and the sperm provide 23 chromosomes so that when they fuse together, the cell has 46 chromosomes -- the standard number for human cells. That means half of the genetic material comes from the mother and the other half is from the father. Men and women have two sex chromosomes. Women have two X chromosomes and men have one X and one Y. When the female body forms the eggs, she only has X chromosomes to contribute. Men have a 50 percent chance of contributing either an X or a Y since they have both. The sperm is the determining factor in the sex of the zygote -- if the sperm has a second X, the zygote will be female, and if it has the Y, it will be male."

Rather than be so hypercritical and adversarial, you should realize that even you are not correct in all circumstances. This also disproves your post #7 above. All are born with a gender, male or female.
    My 'vacation" coincided with my real vacation.
    Kismet.

Here's some info about being born male or female:
    Richard Bribiescas, Ph.D., director of the Yale Reproductive Ecology Laboratory: "We all start as a generic embryo. You have a set of male or female sex chromosomes, but the distinction doesn’t kick in until your hormones enter the picture, he explains. Without hormones like testosterone, you would stay on the path to womanhood.
    Without violating rules here, I'll suggest you read up on the raphe line. To put it simply, it only occurs in men and it occurs to cover up what otherwise WOULD be a primary portion of the female anatomy.

I have to chuckle that you consider me hypercritical and adversarial when I am responding to posts that are often complete lies posted in order to bolster someone's "cause".
    A person puts up a complete fabrication that could be considered libelous were it in a news publication (and does it ad nauseum), yet I'm the "bad guy" for calling BS on the OP.

As for this topic, the "Watchman" posted information that s/he thought would help support the homophobic stance the OP has taken time and again, but the information actually discredits the stance.
    Ironic, no?

Yeah, I'm hypercritical, but it makes me quite effective at my job.
    I also abhor hypocrisy, and call it when I see it.

Rob: Your quote from Dr. Bribiescas proves my point, We all start as a "generic" embryo, neither male or female. After the hormones enter the picture, our sex is determined so we are not female from the get go. But that still doesn't prove people being born gay or transgender.

We see it everyday where turtles are born with 2 heads, calves born with 5 legs, animals are born with a multitude of deformities. I see sexual deformities as no difference than other birth deformities. Out of the many, many people born on Earth, just as any other animals, there are bound to be some that are not likened to the rest. But God loves us all.

Quote Originally Posted by SR9 View Post
    We see it everyday where turtles are born with 2 heads, calves born with 5 legs, animals are born with a multitude of deformities. I see sexual deformities as no difference than other birth deformities. Out of the many, many people born on Earth, just as any other animals, there are bound to be some that are not likened to the rest. But God loves us all.
    Then why don't his followers?
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

Quote Originally Posted by Oldgrunt View Post
    Rob: Your quote from Dr. Bribiescas proves my point, We all start as a "generic" embryo, neither male or female. After the hormones enter the picture, our sex is determined so we are not female from the get go. But that still doesn't prove people being born gay or transgender.
    No, it actually doesn't prove your point.
    The part about "continuing the path to womanhood" demonstrates that without the hormones kicking in, the fetus would be female.
    The raphe line supports this even further by demonstrating that our "male" bodies are actually a female layout that is converted to male with the introduction of said hormones.
    The fetus doesn't need anything to "kick in" to become a female, as it is already traveling along that path.
    Ergo, the fetus is female until something makes it otherwise (as opposed to being gender-neutral and then being made to develop one way or the other by external causes. Were that the case, people could be born with no sexual identity at all,

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123