Study: No Proof That People Are Born Gay or Transgender
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Study: No Proof That People Are Born Gay or Transgender

Latest study... Sexual Perversion is still Sexual Perversion.

~ The Liberal Progressive Child Murderers Always Manipulate Truth To Be Hate Speech. Never Let These Purveyors Of Infanticide Set The Terms In A Debate ~
    ~ God Hates Religion ~
    But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach to you a gospel contrary to the one we preached to you, let him be accursed.

You obviously don't know anyone who's gay.

I've always thought it was a mental/emotional thing. This only proves my point.

Quote Originally Posted by SR9 View Post
    I've always thought it was a mental/emotional thing. This only proves my point.
    As I stated earlier, you obviously don't know anyone who's gay.

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Quote Originally Posted by GryHounnd View Post
    As I stated earlier, you obviously don't know anyone who's gay.
    Even if true, this is as weak an argument against the validity/veracity/accuracy of the study offered for discussion in the OP as one could promulgate.

You have nothing of value to offer this forum, and the above is just one more in a long line of posts substantiating that statement.

Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

Quote Originally Posted by BluesStringer View Post
    Even if true, this is as weak an argument against the validity/veracity/accuracy of the study offered for discussion in the OP as one could promulgate.

You have nothing of value to offer this forum, and the above is just one more in a long line of posts substantiating that statement.

Blues
    And your point???

My own personal experience with homosexual friends and acquaintances to a person when asked, all said they were always attracted to members of the same sex for as long as they can remember. Talking with their parents confirms that they have always had that attraction. Furthermore, I can point you to a site with 15 out of 19 peer reviewed scientific articles that confirm a genetic component to homosexuality Here. So go pound sand, I've contributed more in this one post than you have to this entire conversation. If you don't like my comments, put me on your ignore list, or just don't comment. Frankly, no one asked you your opinion of my contributions.
    Last edited by GryHounnd; 08-23-2016 at 12:30 PM.

If you are stating there is no proof they are born transgender or gay, then you are admitting there is no proof that they are NOT born that way.
    You defeated your own stance.
    Well done.

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Quote Originally Posted by GryHounnd View Post
    ... I've contributed more in this one post than you have to this entire conversation.
    Maybe now you have, but this post where you actually contributed a link wasn't there when I replied to your brain-dead "You don't know any gays" blather as a response to a study being discussed in the OP. Whether or not people reading the study, or discussion of the study as the case may be, personally know any gays is totally off-topic, which you are woefully adept at posting in that vein.

I grew up in LA County, CA, and worked a second job as young man in local theaters (La Mirada Civic Light Opera, Long Beach Civic Light Opera etc.) building sets and maintaining theater equipment (motors for opening/closing curtains, flying harnesses and pulleys etc.). You can't work in the LA theater circuit and not be exposed to gays on a daily basis, or at least "daily" in relation to the days you actually work, which for me, was 15 - 20 days per month on average for around three years. My girlfriend at the time was a costumer, which is how I got my foot in the door to make some extra money. Many of the costumers, hairdressers and makeup people were gay, and some of the crew doing what I was doing were too. We got along just fine. Some of us were friends. My costumer-girlfriend threw big after-show and end-of-run parties at our house. No big deal.

One guy I worked with who was maybe 10 years older than me (+/-) I got to be pretty good friends with. We started socializing outside of work and as we got to know a little more about each others' lives, he revealed that he had been in a gay relationship from high school on until he was close to 30 years old. When that relationship broke up, he "went straight" (his words, not mine), ended up marrying a woman and having two kids with her, that family still being intact when we met and when he was telling me about his earlier life. He and I eventually lost touch after I had to quit working a second job to keep up with my main job, but I heard through the grapevine that he had gotten a divorce and was living somewhere up in Hollywood. Didn't think too much of it until one day when I was hangin' steel in Hollywood on a construction site that was separated from the sidewalk only by a chain-link fence, and I saw the guy walking by right in front of where I was working. I hollered at him, pulled my welding hood off so he could see who it was, and we ended up eating lunch together a few minutes after that. He'd been divorced about a year at that point, and told me he was living with his "partner" right around the corner from where I was working. I asked him what kind of business they were in, and he said no, I mean my lover partner. Oh, OK, whatever, so what else is goin' on I ask him.

We talked a few more times before my wife and I left LA, but that's not the point. This guy quite obviously made choices that he had both the psychological and physiological ability to make for himself. He definitely wasn't born that way, he just exercised preferences that waxed and waned to the forefront of his life as his life went on. For all I know, he's married to a woman now and happier and more fulfilled than he's ever been. Whether that's true or not though, the "born this way" meme is neither proved or disproved just because the person scrutinizing it doesn't know any gay people, and my own personal experience with a man who definitely chose to live one way or the other over an extended period of his life, certainly adds credence to the choice half of the equation over the biology half.

The fact is, you have no way of knowing what's true just because a poster here doesn't like the "born this way" meme being foisted on society as some immutable, scientific fact upon which social policy and taxpayer dollars are used to promote as "normal." But you didn't care when you said it whether the people you were responding to knew any gay people. All you care about is promoting gayness as normal and Bible-based commitment to being straight as homophobic.

And of course, linking to a website named "Born Gay" is the perfect avenue for showing your objectivity on the subject. Pfffft.

Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

The American Psychiatric Association makes it sound like solid scientific proof has not yet been attained.

The American Psychiatric Association believes that the causes of sexual orientation (whether homosexual or heterosexual) are not known at this time and likely are multifactorial including biological and behavioral roots which may vary between different individuals and may even vary over time.
    http://www.psychiatry.org/File%20Lib...osexuality.pdf

Maybe it's biological and maybe it isn't. But here we are passing laws and changing society based on beliefs instead of solid scientific evidence.

Let's not forget that we all start out as female, then either stay female or change into male.
    That alone gives a lot of credence to the thought that gender identity has physical/biological causation.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast