Repeal The Bill Of Rights?

Thread: Repeal The Bill Of Rights?

Repeal The Bill Of Rights?

I really hope this is a joke, but you never know.

Daily Herald | A different world without Bill of Rights

I am sure there are some in our government that would agree with this.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    I am sure there are some in our government that would agree with this.
    They already do.....just ask Barbara Boxer, Caroly McCarthy, etc.
    Victory rewards not the army that fires the most rounds, but who is the more accurate shot. ---Unknown

5. Repeal

I too hope this is a joke, albeit one in very bad taste. To repeal the Bill of Rights would be to spit on the graves of every soldier, sailer or Marine who died defending this Bill. We are unique in the world, exactly because our Founding Fathers left us this legacy. I have heard a lot of chatter about Barack Hussein Obama doing away with the Second Amendment, and concealed carry, etc. I submit that if he does, then he has violated the oath of office he will take. The first part of that oath is to defend and protect the Constitution from all enemies foreign and domestic. Should he try to use an executive order to repeal te Second amendment,then He has become exactly the kind of despot that our Founders prepared the Constitution to give us the tools to get rid of. I submit that if he tries any such tactic, then it is the duty of the people, as in We the People, to remove him from office. In the event that it comes to this, the armed forces of the United States will be required to support the populace, due to the loyalty oath they took upon entering military service. They vow to protect and defend the constitution first, then to obey the orders of the Commander in Chief second. If the CinC is guilty of treason, then so be it. As the father of a Marine, I can say, Semper Fi!
    Last edited by wuzfuz; 12-30-2008 at 08:25 PM.
    A man without a gun is a subject; a man with a gun is a citizen.
    I'll keep my freedom, my guns and my money. You can keep THE CHANGE.
    An armed society is a polite society.

6. Quote Originally Posted by wuzfuz View Post
    I too hope this is a joke, albeit one in very bad taste. To repeal the Bill of Rights would be to spit on the graves of every soldier, sailer or Marine who died defending this Bill. We are unique in the world, exactly because our Founding Fathers left us this legacy. I have heard a lot of chatter about Barack Hussein Obama doing away with the Second Amendment, and concealed carry, etc. I submit that if he does, then he has violated the oath of office he will take. The first part of that oath is to defend and protect the Constitution from all enemies foreign and domestic. Should he try to use an executive order to repeal te Second amendment,then He has become exactly the kind of despot that our Founders prepared the Constitution to give us the tools to get rid of. I submit that if he tries any such tactic, then it is the duty of the people, as in We the People, to remove him from office. In the event that it comes to this, the armed forces of the United States will be required to support the populace, due to the loyalty oath they took upon entering military service. They vow to protect and defend the constitution first, then to obey the orders of the Commander in Chief second. If the CinC is guilty of treason, then so be it. As the father of a Marine, I can say, Semper Fi!
    Well said and 100% on target. We the people would be required to remove him from office!!!

This is political satire. I agree with wuzfuz that it is in bad taste, but from the tone, I can see that it is definitely satire.
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

Benjamin Franklin

Calm down, people!

if you read the whole thing through, you will realize that this is written as a tongue-in-cheek eye-opener, not a serious suggestion. Kind of like Steven Colbert as a conservative, it is just a joke! Maybe the libs are right: Conservatives do not seem to have a sense of humor!

Quote Originally Posted by Boomboy007 View Post
    if you read the whole thing through, you will realize that this is written as a tongue-in-cheek eye-opener, not a serious suggestion. Kind of like Steven Colbert as a conservative, it is just a joke! Maybe the libs are right: Conservatives do not seem to have a sense of humor!

Thank God this is a joke, in very bad taste
    "It was worth it all, for the Great Warrior"

Unhappy As I said......

Quote Originally Posted by Scout View Post
    Thank God this is a joke, in very bad taste
    Case in point: No sense of humor.

The sad fact is that although this may have been a joke there are many in our government that want the destruction of our way of life and the Bill of Rights stands in their way.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7