Trump instead of Hillary - Page 11
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Trump instead of Hillary

Quote Originally Posted by opsspec1991 View Post
    Sure doesn't compare to the Clintons keeping 90% of their foundations money for items other than cheatable items, like privet jet trips all over the world.
    Please show us where 90% of the donations to the Clinton Foundation were kept by the Clintons.

Quote Originally Posted by opsspec1991 View Post
    Sure doesn't compare to the Clintons keeping 90% of their foundations money for items other than cheatable items, like privet jet trips all over the world.
    Ahhh, the old "his proven sin is not as bad as her unproven sin" excuse.
    Love it!

4. Has been widely reported that only 10% of donations went to provide funds for worth while causes.
    The other 90% was absorbed by the foundation and spent on travel, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by ken grant View Post
    Has been widely reported that only 10% of donations went to provide funds for worth while causes.
    The other 90% was absorbed by the foundation and spent on travel, etc.
    That particular talking point has been roundly debunked by both FactCheck.org and Politifact.

I will sum up the explanation as I understand it, but by all means read the links that I provided above for yourself. The reason that 90% of the donations given to the Clinton Foundation were spent on the Foundation, by the Foundation, was spent on their own personnel, who were sent by the Foundation to the various sites across the globe where their own people distribute aid their charity provides. In other words they do the work themselves. This is in contrast to many other Foundations such as the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation who write grants to distribute their money and essentialy pay a third-party to do the work of the charity for them. The Clintion Foundation is more like the United Way or Red Cross who do the work themselves directly.

So, given that they keep and do the majority of their own work "in house" all of a sudden the travel expenses make sense. The actual percentage of donated funds that they spent on charitable items is more like 80% and the numbers back that up when you look at them in context, and don't just take the Donald's word for it...believe me.

But if you're brave enough to dig into the details, here are their form 990's (the form they file their detailed charitable reports on) from ProPublica

BTW, here's a pretty little chart detailing how the Clinton Foundation actually spends its money from Politifact.org.

- Infogram, charts & infographics

If it's good enough for there southern boarder, it's good enough for ours.
    Trump instead of Hillary-113z.jpg
    The only easy day was yesterday
    Dedicated to my brother in law who died
    doing what he loved being a Navy SEAL

7. Quote Originally Posted by opsspec1991 View Post
    If it's good enough for there southern boarder, it's good enough for ours.
    Trump instead of Hillary-113z.jpg
    I just read where the US helped pay for the wall.

Wouldn't doubt it, well turnabout is fair game, let them pay for ours.

Everything will depend on the first debate, it's do or die for both of them.

I saw on the news yesterday that the Obama administration is spending 137 billion dollars a year on Illegal for their "Well fair". The cost of the wall would be approx 1.3 billion dollars. Stop the Mexican and in a sense they will be paying for the wall themselves. So, I guess Trump was right, Mexico will pay for the wall, whether they know it or not.

Add to that an import tax on all the items coming into our country from Mexico.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast