Beginning of The End for Free Speech On the Net?
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 73

Thread: Beginning of The End for Free Speech On the Net?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    ARIZONA-a short distance from the sun
    Posts
    8,901

    Beginning of The End for Free Speech On the Net?

    Another step toward the global suppression of free speech on the Internet will take place at midnight on September 30, when the Obama administration cedes control of the World Wide Web to foreign interests. Once the U.S. surrenders control it will likely fall under the (International Telecommunications Unit) ITU's control and risk being subject to censorship. L. Gordon Crovitz of The Washington Post has penned two pieces outlining the collision course of American free speech. The first, "Stop Obama's Internet Giveaway" in March, 2016, and a recent follow-up piece called "An Internet Giveaway to the U.N." discuss the potential fallout of not preventing President Obama from allowing a government contract with the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) to expire.

    The Obama administration has been no friend to free speech. Handing over control could have dangerous ramifications, such as the fact that ITU had passed a treaty that provided 'authority to governments to close off their citizens' access to the global Internet'" and creating 'a digital Iron Curtain. The likes of Russian President Vladimir Putin, Iran's Ayatollah Ali Khamenei and Chinese President Xi Jinping should not dictate what can be read, written, distributed, bought and sold on the internet. Countries that do not give their own people the right to speak freely deserve no say in what Americans can say and do on the internet. ICANN recently agreed to become a senior advisor to China's World Internet Conference, which is an organization Beijing has developed directly to compete with ICANN. According to The Washington Post, "Its goal is to replace the open Internet with full government control and global censorship."

    Recent studies show that 66 percent of Americans oppose relinquishing control of the internet and 69 percent say that it's either "somewhat" or "very likely" that a country like China, Russia or Iran would attempt to seize control. As University of Surrey Prof. Alan Woodward succinctly put it, this is "about who officially controls the foundations of the internet/web addresses and domain names, without which the network wouldn't function."
    -PNW-

    ~ The Liberal Progressive Child Murderers Always Manipulate Truth To Be Hate Speech. Never Let These Purveyors Of Infanticide Set The Terms In A Debate ~
    ~ God Hates Religion ~
    But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach to you a gospel contrary to the one we preached to you, let him be accursed.

  2.   
  3. #2
    And then trumpets will sound and the giant flying spaghetti monster will appear in the sky and all true believers will be whisked away to an eternal spaghetti feast hosted by the Spirit of Chef Boyardee himself....right?

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

  4. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    ARIZONA-a short distance from the sun
    Posts
    8,901
    Quote Originally Posted by GryHounnd View Post
    And then trumpets will sound and the giant flying spaghetti monster will appear in the sky and all true believers will be whisked away to an eternal spaghetti feast hosted by the Spirit of Chef Boyardee himself....right?
    ~ The Liberal Progressive Child Murderers Always Manipulate Truth To Be Hate Speech. Never Let These Purveyors Of Infanticide Set The Terms In A Debate ~
    ~ God Hates Religion ~
    But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach to you a gospel contrary to the one we preached to you, let him be accursed.

  5. Bet Al Gore will wish he had never invented the internet

  6. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    ~ The Liberal Progressive Child Murderers Always Manipulate Truth To Be Hate Speech. Never Let These Purveyors Of Infanticide Set The Terms In A Debate ~
    And we enjoy our veal very much.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

  7. #6
    "Control of the World Wide Web"?
    Please explain this "control", exactly how it is performed, and exactly how they will hand over said control.

    Does this include only the 15% (or so) of the interwebs that we all see, or does it include deep web and dark web control too (the other ~85%)?
    Is it like getting the keys to your house, or more like the "key to the city".

    Or, will you just disappear from the thread like you so often do?

  8. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Robgmn View Post
    "Control of the World Wide Web"?
    Please explain this "control", exactly how it is performed, and exactly how they will hand over said control.

    Does this include only the 15% (or so) of the interwebs that we all see, or does it include deep web and dark web control too (the other ~85%)?
    Is it like getting the keys to your house, or more like the "key to the city".

    Or, will you just disappear from the thread like you so often do?
    He doesn't have the wherewithal to respond with anything other than canned responses because he's too busy creating his pretty posts and spreading the "good news" of the coming apocalypse where the flying spaghetti monster will zap up all the true believers to live with Chef Boyardee.

  9. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    ARIZONA-a short distance from the sun
    Posts
    8,901
    There is good reason that the Conservatives are called the RIGHT and the Liberals are called the LEFT.

    (Ecclesiastes 10:2)
    "A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but the foolish man's heart directs him toward the left".



    ~ The Liberal Progressive Child Murderers Always Manipulate Truth To Be Hate Speech. Never Let These Purveyors Of Infanticide Set The Terms In A Debate ~
    ~ God Hates Religion ~
    But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach to you a gospel contrary to the one we preached to you, let him be accursed.

  10. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    There is good reason that the Conservatives are called the RIGHT and the Liberals are called the LEFT.

    (Ecclesiastes 10:2)
    "A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but the foolish man's heart directs him toward the left".



    ~ The Liberal Progressive Child Murderers Always Manipulate Truth To Be Hate Speech. Never Let These Purveyors Of Infanticide Set The Terms In A Debate ~
    Yes, the left is the half in their right minds.


  11. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    ARIZONA-a short distance from the sun
    Posts
    8,901
    Quote Originally Posted by Robgmn View Post
    "Control of the World Wide Web"?
    Please explain this "control", exactly how it is performed, and exactly how they will hand over said control.
    Or, will you just disappear from the thread like you so often do?
    Quote Originally Posted by GryHounnd View Post
    He doesn't have the wherewithal to respond with anything other than canned responses because he's too busy creating his pretty posts and spreading the "good news" of the coming apocalypse where the flying spaghetti monster will zap up all the true believers to live with Chef Boyardee.
    ~ God Hates Religion ~
    But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach to you a gospel contrary to the one we preached to you, let him be accursed.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast