Bill Clinton’s Comment About Hillary’s Health Could End Her Chances of Winning - Page 6
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 71

Thread: Bill Clinton’s Comment About Hillary’s Health Could End Her Chances of Winning

  1. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by BluesStringer View Post
    I just got home from breaking the "law." Rode my Harley to town and was doin' close to 90 on the way home once I got on the highway that takes me to my dirt road. Nobody got hurt, nobody's ever been hurt by my breaking the traffic "laws" on an almost deserted highway, and even if a cop stopped me on that road, odds are he wouldn't write me for it, and if he did, he'd likely write it for 5 over and tell me to slow down. Even if he wrote me for 90 though, I am free to break the law as long as I'm willing also to accept the consequences if caught and/or charged. I'm also free to ignore court dates and/or fines and eventually face consequences for those expressions of defiance to the "law." But sorry, I am not going to commit suicide by cop over a traffic ticket, or even over a rights violation for which there is a grievance process in place for me to be compensated for the violation. We weren't talking about that anyway though, your propensity to take things so far off-track just to "win" an internet argument notwithstanding. We were talking about the government going to peoples' homes and stealing their private property on the ridiculous pretense that they're acting in a lawful manner by doing so because some tyrant somewhere just said so. That would be the same tyrant that you said you'd bend over and grab your ankles for, which is a euphemism for you saying you'd give 'em your gun(s) before facing forced, violent confiscation. In other words, you would volunteer to give up your freedom, whereas, I would not in that specific instance. No craps given for the consequences that might ensue from my protecting my own home and the private property contained within it over here. I've been committed to that philosophy for well over 40 years. Your glib distractions and quips are not up to the task of making me second-guess myself on that score, believe you me.

    As much as you'd love it if I did, I'm not gonna be ending it all anytime soon.

    Blues
    If there is a negative consequence to the action, then it is not "freedom".
    You are required to follow rules that control your actions, even if your actions have no deleterious consequences for you or others.
    Given your "freedom" to do whatever you want, I'll assume you ride your bike without wearing a helmet, have no license plates or turn signals, and carry a concealed bowie knife while in public?
    No?
    You're subjugated by its very definition.

    I'll also address your confusion about confiscation of private property: if it is illegal, they can confiscate it. Even when on your private property.
    Cocaine is illegal. Get caught with it, and it gets confiscated. You don't get to keep it if it is your private stash.
    If they make it illegal to own a gun, they get to confiscate it if you are caught with one.

    Her's a glib observation for you:
    You'd rather die defending your ability to have a gun than stay alive and provide for your family.
    Good for you. I'm sure they'd feel great solace in knowing you died for that belief.
    Me? I'd rather stay alive and with my family as long as possible.

    If the SHTF and i have to choose between a gun on my hip or death (the two choices we've discussed, not your false belief that you can take on the US military and win), I'll choose life without a gun.
    My life and my family are more important to me than a 24 ounce chunk of metal.

  2.   
  3. #52
    Blues: There is no use in arguing with Rob. He has already made up his mind that he would rather live than to dare fight for his freedom. There were many men faced with that choice a couple of hundred years ago and, thank God, they rose to the occasion and gave us our country. I think the phrase so often attributed to Benjamin Franklin holds true today, "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

    Rob seems to have missed a very pertinent point while discussing what will happen in our country WTSF. One major hurdle in subjugating American citizens has already been accomplished by allowing the UN to send troops into the US to do the disarming of the country, and policing, not necessarily using our own troops. That approval has already been given by the Attorney General and the Pentagon to the UN. Some troops that have already been mentioned are Polish, Canadian, and Russian. Russian troops are reported to be in the Northwestern US doing who knows what type training, as well as training at Fort Carson, CO. There is no telling what different types of covert activities are taking place in our own country that will be detrimental to us and, with the arrival of so many refugees from the Middle East, our situation could become very dire in a very short period of time.

    Rob seems to think that our citizens will not do much when all the troubles start. I would recommend that he study the history of Europe during WWII with the formation of various underground cells and the destruction they caused for the German army. They were not trained military personnel but were patriots of their countries and did what was necessary to end a terrible war. The US could not only do the same thing but I would guarantee that our citizens would in a flash. I don't know his particular bent, but I don't know many apparently like him that would so hastily surrender to an opposing force. He has never said but I would be curious to know his age, background, and military experience, if any. He doesn't come across as having been military at any time and that may explain why he seems to be so far in left field in some of his thinking.

    Rob seems to think you lack comprehension skills and opsspec is full of crap. It seems as if he may be trying to pontificate from Mt. Olympus again. Darn, it must be terrible to have to contend with mere mortals.

    -1198ebc131f23161f402dbd1bd8c869f.jpg

  4. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldgrunt View Post
    Blues: There is no use in arguing with Rob. He has already made up his mind that he would rather live than to dare fight for his freedom. There were many men faced with that choice a couple of hundred years ago and, thank God, they rose to the occasion and gave us our country. I think the phrase so often attributed to Benjamin Franklin holds true today, "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

    Rob seems to have missed a very pertinent point while discussing what will happen in our country WTSF. One major hurdle in subjugating American citizens has already been accomplished by allowing the UN to send troops into the US to do the disarming of the country, and policing, not necessarily using our own troops. That approval has already been given by the Attorney General and the Pentagon to the UN. Some troops that have already been mentioned are Polish, Canadian, and Russian. Russian troops are reported to be in the Northwestern US doing who knows what type training, as well as training at Fort Carson, CO. There is no telling what different types of covert activities are taking place in our own country that will be detrimental to us and, with the arrival of so many refugees from the Middle East, our situation could become very dire in a very short period of time.

    Rob seems to think that our citizens will not do much when all the troubles start. I would recommend that he study the history of Europe during WWII with the formation of various underground cells and the destruction they caused for the German army. They were not trained military personnel but were patriots of their countries and did what was necessary to end a terrible war. The US could not only do the same thing but I would guarantee that our citizens would in a flash. I don't know his particular bent, but I don't know many apparently like him that would so hastily surrender to an opposing force. He has never said but I would be curious to know his age, background, and military experience, if any. He doesn't come across as having been military at any time and that may explain why he seems to be so far in left field in some of his thinking.

    Rob seems to think you lack comprehension skills and opsspec is full of crap. It seems as if he may be trying to pontificate from Mt. Olympus again. Darn, it must be terrible to have to contend with mere mortals.
    Oldgrnt, as a veteran of the military, i will ask you this question (assuming you were trained in warfare):
    Who is more likely to win in a one-on-one combat between an armed and trained soldier and an armed and untrained citizen?
    Who is more likely to win in a large-scale combat (our soil, our cities) between the US military and a bunch of armed citizens who may or may not have training and who have no organization amongst themselves?

    Blues faults me for "speaking for others" when I say that more people are likely to choose life when they have only two options (A-give up weapon or B-die), yet he speaks for millions in saying the majority would take up arms and fight the US military in the rogue government situation we discussed.
    My statement is based on the known fact that people choose life almost all of the time (even people who are hell-bent on suicide will fight to live if you try to take their life. it's nature.).
    Statistically speaking, who is more likely to be right?
    I fault him for his comprehension skills simply for the fact that he accuses me of stating something that I did not state.
    If I were to say that you claim God gets high based on your shared meme, you'd surely fault my comprehension. Would you not?

    I appreciate your beliefs, but I do not invoke God's name when it comes to discussion like this. I certainly wouldn't use a meme such as the one you posted. If God had anything to do with this stuff we are discussing, we wouldn't be discussing it. It would be a non-issue as there would be no need for self-defense or concerns for changes ot the laws that affect our "right" to carry a gun.
    Perhaps we could leave religion out of this and stick to facts, proofs, etc.?

  5. #54
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    SC Lowcountry
    Posts
    1,550
    But we need to be prepared for Red Dawn.

    ;)

  6. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by Reba View Post
    But we need to be prepared for Red Dawn.

    ;)

    Or Independence Day
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

  7. #56
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    SC Lowcountry
    Posts
    1,550
    Quote Originally Posted by XD40scinNC View Post
    Or Independence Day
    Yep.

  8. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by Robgmn View Post
    Oldgrnt, as a veteran of the military, i will ask you this question (assuming you were trained in warfare):
    Who is more likely to win in a one-on-one combat between an armed and trained soldier and an armed and untrained citizen?
    Who is more likely to win in a large-scale combat (our soil, our cities) between the US military and a bunch of armed citizens who may or may not have training and who have no organization amongst themselves?

    Blues faults me for "speaking for others" when I say that more people are likely to choose life when they have only two options (A-give up weapon or B-die), yet he speaks for millions in saying the majority would take up arms and fight the US military in the rogue government situation we discussed.
    My statement is based on the known fact that people choose life almost all of the time (even people who are hell-bent on suicide will fight to live if you try to take their life. it's nature.).
    Statistically speaking, who is more likely to be right?
    I fault him for his comprehension skills simply for the fact that he accuses me of stating something that I did not state.
    If I were to say that you claim God gets high based on your shared meme, you'd surely fault my comprehension. Would you not?

    I appreciate your beliefs, but I do not invoke God's name when it comes to discussion like this. I certainly wouldn't use a meme such as the one you posted. If God had anything to do with this stuff we are discussing, we wouldn't be discussing it. It would be a non-issue as there would be no need for self-defense or concerns for changes ot the laws that affect our "right" to carry a gun.
    Perhaps we could leave religion out of this and stick to facts, proofs, etc.?
    Rob:

    [QUOTEWho is more likely to win in a one-on-one combat between an armed and trained soldier and an armed and untrained citizen?
    Who is more likely to win in a large-scale combat (our soil, our cities) between the US military and a bunch of armed citizens who may or may not have training and who have no organization amongst themselves?][/QUOTE]

    Obviously, the well trained soldier would hold the edge but, do not discount the untrained citizen completely. The citizen is fighting for his home and family which might give him the edge over a soldier who is reluctantly fighting his own people. Surveys have been conducted and found that the preponderance of Marines interviewed and asked if they would shoot our own citizens have said they would refuse to do so. I don't know how the other services would respond but I feel that there would be less than 100% participation in such action. That is why there will be foreign soldiers brought into the country under the auspices of the UN. Those blue helmets will make great targets!

    .....yet he speaks for millions in saying the majority would take up arms and fight the US military in the rogue government situation we discussed.


    I think Blues has a better perception of what will or will not happen than you appear to have. American citizens, even with all of the crooked government we have, are used to doing what they want within reason and without interruption. I know some of Blues' background and feel that he has the correct feel for what would happen. I am not a wise old sage by any means but I can not believe that our people will idly stand by and be conquered. If you will think back about the Bundy clash with the government, numerous people came out to back the Bundys AGAINST the government and that episode was mild in comparison. Those people who did come out were armed and mostly private citizens who were there to fight and possibly die to stop the government from running roughshod over a family. I hope you don't think that many more would not do the same against a warring force, ours, or a foreign government.

    I appreciate your beliefs, but I do not invoke God's name when it comes to discussion like this. I certainly wouldn't use a meme such as the one you posted. If God had anything to do with this stuff we are discussing, we wouldn't be discussing it. It would be a non-issue as there would be no need for self-defense or concerns for changes ot the laws that affect our "right" to carry a gun.
    Perhaps we could leave religion out of this and stick to facts, proofs, etc.?


    The meme you found offensive was used to illustrate how you are trying to force your opinion on others, not meant to bring Almighty God into the discussion. It is nice that we all have opinions on any given subject but, they are our opinions, not yours. You may disagree, but that is fine and can lead to interesting discussions. You have a proclivity for being insulting to most people on here in your disagreement. That isn't necessary and is actually beneath one who tries to come across as the all-knowing guru. Lighten up old son and realize you are just like us all, warts and all.

    Now, other than that, you have a nice day, ya'heah.

  9. #58
    There was a survey taken last year asking all of the Sheriffs around the country if they would fight against a federal force attempting to confiscate guns in their counties, and 78% of them said they would adhere to the constitution where the 2A is written. They would have all of their deputies to side with the local population that agrees that this anti-gun action is unconstitutional and fight either the blue hats or any other force sent their by the government, because every Sheriff is voted into their position by the local population, not the local county government.
    The only easy day was yesterday
    Dedicated to my brother in law who died
    doing what he loved being a Navy SEAL

  10. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by opsspec1991 View Post
    There was a survey taken last year asking all of the Sheriffs around the country if they would fight against a federal force attempting to confiscate guns in their counties, and 78% of them said they would adhere to the constitution where the 2A is written. They would have all of their deputies to side with the local population that agrees that this anti-gun action is unconstitutional and fight either the blue hats or any other force sent their by the government, because every Sheriff is voted into their position by the local population, not the local county government.
    78% of all Sheriffs accounts for a total of about 2,402 people spread across over 3,000,000 square miles. That's quite an army, right there.
    You are also assuming that all of the Sheriff's deputies would do the same, and that all of the citizens would do the same because the Sheriff is elected to the position.
    Your assumptions run amazingly deep and wide, and have no backing in fact whatsoever.

  11. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by Robgmn View Post
    78% of all Sheriffs accounts for a total of about 2,402 people spread across over 3,000,000 square miles. That's quite an army, right there.
    You are also assuming that all of the Sheriff's deputies would do the same, and that all of the citizens would do the same because the Sheriff is elected to the position.
    Your assumptions run amazingly deep and wide, and have no backing in fact whatsoever.

    You forget that most of the land west of the Mississippi is mostly the jurisdiction of the Sheriffs, except for some of the larger cities and even those places the Sheriffs have control in the out skirts of those cities counties. You also forget that a whole lot of the people in this country are very patriotic and feel the constitution is important. Also in 2015 the NRA membership was over 7.5 million. Add that to all of the other gun owners in the US and you've got a butt load of people who might not like their guns being taken from them.
    .
    No one can give factual statements concerning what will happen during these times, but I would say there will be more people out there that want to deny their guns being taken away (except for yourself who would roll over and let them take them away, your words).
    The only easy day was yesterday
    Dedicated to my brother in law who died
    doing what he loved being a Navy SEAL

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast