The Trump Foundation Is The Real Scandal, Not The Clinton Foundation

Manny Schewitz

The conservative media would have you believe that the Clinton Foundation and the donations from rich people around the world are a scandal that disqualify Hillary Clinton from being president. They have repeatedly brought up this story, along with her emails, neither of which show a direct conflict of interest or any criminal wrongdoing.

The reason the Trump campaign has been focusing on this so hard is because the Trump Foundation has actually broken the rules on at least one occasion. As my colleague Renee Webb pointed out, the Trump Foundation gave money to Florida attorney general Pam Bondi in violation of campaign finance laws.

Unlike the rumors of impropriety aimed at the Clinton Foundation, the Trump Foundation has actually been caught and fined by the IRS for illegally giving money to a super PAC supporting Pam Bondi’s campaign. This was after she had considered joining a lawsuit against Trump University, which was dropped after the illegal donation of $25,000 from the Trump Foundation.

The Washington Post first reported the IRS fine, saying that in addition to the Trump Foundation’s “violating the federal rules that prohibit charities from donating to political candidates,” the donation to a Bondi political committee, And Justice for All, which was previously reported, also was not disclosed to the Internal Revenue Service.

Bondi has reportedly denied dropping any investigation during the time her office was contemplating whether to join a New York probe of Trump University. “I never, nor was my office, investigating him. Never. I would never lie. I would never take money. I’ve been obviously devastated over this,” she said in a voice mail message that The Tampa Bay Times said she left with one of its reporters in June. (Source)

Here we have a conflict of interest and an illegal contribution, but all the media has focused on up to now is Hillary Clinton’s emails, and the Clinton’s charity which has not donated to any political campaign or broken any law.

Here we have a conflict of interest and an illegal contribution, but all the media has focused on up to now is Hillary Clinton’s emails, and the Clinton’s charity which has not donated to any political campaign or broken any law.

Trump solicited donations from contributors, and then donated the money elsewhere in his name. This allowed him to make claims of charitable contributions, even though the money was coming from other people. It wasn’t until the IRS caught his donation to Pam Bondi that Trump was fined, and later reimbursed the charity out of his own pocket, stating that the donation was a paperwork error.

Donald Trump has admitted to currying favors from politicians in exchange for favors, then denies that there was anything of the sort going on with the Trump Foundation’s donation to Pam Bondi.

If the Trump campaign was smart, they would drop the Clinton Foundation accusations. Then again, he’s counting on the abject stupidity and inclination to bias confirmation his campaign has relied on to make it this far.

(Source)

My thoughts:

Typical con-artist tactics, distract you with one fake scandal, while hiding your own criminal activity. There is no doubt Trump was doing something illegal, he admits to paying the fine. There is also no doubt that Trump believes in pay to play when it benefits him. He's been caught with his hand in the cookie jar up to his elbows....denying the pay for play doesn't work in this case...It is a documented fact: he held a fund raiser for Pam Bondi after she decided NOT TO PURSUE the Trump University lawsuit. It is also documented that trump has said he donates to political campaigns so that when he calls, they do what he wants. The proof is in the results. Unlike the imagined Clinton Foundation scandal, here you have a VERY CLEAR CHAIN OF CAUSE AND EFFECT!