ISRAEL Is God's Prophetic Timepiece...it's 11:59 - Page 12
Page 12 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: ISRAEL Is God's Prophetic Timepiece...it's 11:59

Report: Trump to Announce U.S. Embassy Move to Jerusalem Monday

Numerous unconfirmed reports are circulating in the international media that President Donald Trump intends announcing Monday that he will relocate the U.S. embassy to Israel from the coastal city of Tel Aviv to the capital city of Jerusalem.

Report: Trump to Announce U.S. Embassy Move to Jerusalem Monday

Israeli leader accepts invitation from Trump to visit US
    Israeli leader accepts invitation from Trump to visit US - Breitbart

“Remember the former things of old: for I am God, and there is none else; I am God, and there is none like me. Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done. saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure".
    (Isaiah 46:9-10)
    ~ God Hates Religion ~
    But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach to you a gospel contrary to the one we preached to you, let him be accursed.

Eleven years & counting!

Report: Trump Has Already Dispatched Embassy Architect to Jerusalem
    https://www.breakingisraelnews.com/8...QyXAIiUovCR.99

Senior Palestinian official: Moving US embassy ‘a declaration of war’ on Muslims
    Senior Palestinian official: Moving US embassy 'a declaration of war' on Muslims | The Times of Israel

“Remember the former things of old: for I am God, and there is none else; I am God, and there is none like me. Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done. saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure".
    ~ God Hates Religion ~
    But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach to you a gospel contrary to the one we preached to you, let him be accursed.

Trump-Netanyahu White House Meeting Marked ‘Symbolic Reset’ of Relations Between American and Israeli Governments After Tense Obama Era

(Isaiah 46:9-10)
    ~ God Hates Religion ~

Since this thread has begun, several months have passed.

In that time a new pro-Israeli US Administration has taken over The White House.

International relations between the US and Israel have warmed up again in just the past few weeks since the inauguration.

It has therefore become very unlikely that any neighboring nation of Israel will try anything against them anytime soon.

So the doomsday clock has been dialed back by at least 4 to 8 if not 12 years at least.

Israel will be safe as long as Trump and/or Pence are/is in The White House.

I think looking into a book (now it is a book -- it used to be just separate scrolls unrelated to each other) that is 2 to 4 thousand years old for a glimpse of the future is like reading horoscope astrology.

It's nonsense.

The important thing to get out of the book is a code of ethics.

Moses lists a whole bunch of rules, many of which he learned while a prince in Egypt which were taught to him by scribes who learned it from the Babylonian kings like Hammurabi.

Jesus summarizes everything in one sentence by simply saying "do unto others that which you would have done to you likewise" (my own literal translation out of the ancient Greek).

St. Paul does not think women should speak in churches. And most modern Protestant doctrine comes from St. Paul according to the Protestants while they ignore almost all of the other Biblical writers and speakers such as the apostles and even Jesus himself.
    So if you're Protestant be careful that the Devil does not get you -- because he will if you don't watch out.

Unless you believe that all of the Bible is the wholly inspired Word of God, then using it as only a code of ethics is worthless. After all, if the code of ethics didn't come from God, then of what authority is the code? None.

As a child, Moses was taught about the God of Israel by his birth mother and siblings.

Moses tells us he got the Law from God, not man. If he lied about the source, then he could have lied about the content.

Most importantly, if you don't believe the Bible is the Word of God, then you can't trust what it says about your eternal soul. Sadly, if you can't believe the Bible for your salvation then the rest is naught to you.

I can't speak for other people's churches but our church (not modern Protestant) doesn't ignore non-Pauline Scripture. We don't have women preachers but I don't know why you picked out just that one thing.

The Devil doesn't care what denomination or religion someone is--he's out to get everyone. My confidence is in Jesus Christ and His salvation, nothing else. The Devil can try all he wants but I know my eternal soul is in the hands of Christ, safe and secure.

Quote Originally Posted by HKS View Post
    I think looking into a book (now it is a book -- it used to be just separate scrolls unrelated to each other) that is 2 to 4 thousand years old for a glimpse of the future is like reading horoscope astrology.

It's nonsense.

The important thing to get out of the book is a code of ethics.

Moses lists a whole bunch of rules, many of which he learned while a prince in Egypt which were taught to him by scribes who learned it from the Babylonian kings like Hammurabi.

Jesus summarizes everything in one sentence by simply saying "do unto others that which you would have done to you likewise" (my own literal translation out of the ancient Greek).

St. Paul does not think women should speak in churches. And most modern Protestant doctrine comes from St. Paul according to the Protestants while they ignore almost all of the other Biblical writers and speakers such as the apostles and even Jesus himself.
    So if you're Protestant be careful that the Devil does not get you -- because he will if you don't watch out.

HKS: I gather from your post you do not believe the Bible is the inspired word of God. Code of ethics? For who? For what reason? If there is no God, a code of ethics has no meaning to anyone except the one who adopts it since he would be a god unto himself, or so he thinks. Psalm 14: 1 says, "The fool has said in his heart, "There is no God." I hope you are not really inferring that our God does not exist. That most definitely is not what is taught by the Catholic Church. You intimated in an earlier post that you are a Catholic. So am I and I have never heard some of the "doctrine" you are trying to pass off. The summary you are passing off to Jesus is called "The Golden Rule," Matt. 7:12; Luke 6:31. That is the Law of Moses and the teachings of the prophets.

Most of Christianity relies on the Pauline Doctrine and considers them to be amplifications of the teachings of Jesus. Even the Catholic Church does, and does not infer that such doctrine will cause the Devil to get you. FYI, the Catholic Church also believes that women should be silent in the church (1 Cor 14:34). Ever wonder why we have no female ministers?

The "glimpse of the future" given by the Bible is easily proved if one will only read it and follow the daily news. We can't predict the actual date and time of any particular occurrence but we can see what is coming. Quite different from horoscopes. When something does occur, don't you think you can credit the Bible for it's accuracy?

Quote Originally Posted by Oldgrunt View Post
    HKS: I gather from your post you do not believe the Bible is the inspired word of God. Code of ethics? For who? For what reason? If there is no God, a code of ethics has no meaning to anyone except the one who adopts it since he would be a god unto himself, or so he thinks. Psalm 14: 1 says, "The fool has said in his heart, "There is no God." I hope you are not really inferring that our God does not exist. That most definitely is not what is taught by the Catholic Church. You intimated in an earlier post that you are a Catholic. So am I and I have never heard some of the "doctrine" you are trying to pass off. The summary you are passing off to Jesus is called "The Golden Rule," Matt. 7:12; Luke 6:31. That is the Law of Moses and the teachings of the prophets.

Most of Christianity relies on the Pauline Doctrine and considers them to be amplifications of the teachings of Jesus. Even the Catholic Church does, and does not infer that such doctrine will cause the Devil to get you. FYI, the Catholic Church also believes that women should be silent in the church (1 Cor 14:34). Ever wonder why we have no female ministers?

The "glimpse of the future" given by the Bible is easily proved if one will only read it and follow the daily news. We can't predict the actual date and time of any particular occurrence but we can see what is coming. Quite different from horoscopes. When something does occur, don't you think you can credit the Bible for it's accuracy?
    I have surmised through experience that Protestants who think that the Hand of God (and that they are confused about who God actually is) reached down from Heaven and wrote the Bible word for word with quill and ink in English -- these Protestants are fanatics and no different than Islamic fanatics and just as dangerous.

I have also surmised that Catholics who do not know about the history of the Catholic Church both the good parts and the bad parts and who adhere to the Catholic version of the Bible without question -- these Catholics are also fanatics and no different than Islamic fanatics and just as dangerous.

There were Protestants in history who burned witches and there were Catholics who tortured Jews and Protestants. Those fanatics on both ends of the spectrum were dangerous.

Be careful that you do not become one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Reba View Post
    Unless you believe that all of the Bible is the wholly inspired Word of God, then using it as only a code of ethics is worthless. After all, if the code of ethics didn't come from God, then of what authority is the code? None.

As a child, Moses was taught about the God of Israel by his birth mother and siblings.

Moses tells us he got the Law from God, not man. If he lied about the source, then he could have lied about the content.

Most importantly, if you don't believe the Bible is the Word of God, then you can't trust what it says about your eternal soul. Sadly, if you can't believe the Bible for your salvation then the rest is naught to you.

I can't speak for other people's churches but our church (not modern Protestant) doesn't ignore non-Pauline Scripture. We don't have women preachers but I don't know why you picked out just that one thing.

The Devil doesn't care what denomination or religion someone is--he's out to get everyone. My confidence is in Jesus Christ and His salvation, nothing else. The Devil can try all he wants but I know my eternal soul is in the hands of Christ, safe and secure.
    You have covered a lot of ground here so I will comment on each piece of it in reverse order.

I believe your own soul is in your own hands, and whether or not the Devil or Jesus gets to keep you will depend on how close you come to keeping Jesus' laws of ethics. Jesus was a philosopher, spent a lot of time philosophizing, spent a lot of time teaching his philosophy, got in trouble with the Jewish leadership at Jerusalem because of his success as a philosopher, and they raised a ruckus after he raised a ruckus, and this forced Pontius Pilate's hand who then had to crucify him as a political prisoner. As to who Jesus' Father and Mother were is not relevant to the issue. His philosophy speaks for itself.

Jesus said that if you do not belong to him you will belong to the Devil. Cut and dried. Right or left. Sheep or goats. Wheat or tares(weeds).

Besides Jesus, the next most influential persons in the New Testament Bible were Peter and Paul. They were religious leaders and followers of Jesus. Peter through Mark (his stepson) and Paul himself and through Luke (his student/disciple) wrote to us regarding their understandings of Jesus' philosophies. Peter, Mark, Paul, and Luke are just men -- not giants, not gods -- just men. All they did was interpret Jesus' philosophies.

Besides Jesus, Peter, and Paul the next most influential person in the whole Bible (Old and New) was Moses. He introduced Egyptian, Babylonian, and Hebrew (now called Jewish) philosophy as a new law for his own people whom he led out of Egypt. Some of these concepts of Moses are unique ("JHVH is your God and you shall love JHVH with all your heart, mind, and strength").

It is up to you yourself alone to embrace one of them and follow their teachings. There is nothing magical about it.

Quote Originally Posted by HKS View Post
    I have surmised through experience that Protestants who think that the Hand of God (and that they are confused about who God actually is) reached down from Heaven and wrote the Bible word for word with quill and ink in English -- these Protestants are fanatics and no different than Islamic fanatics and just as dangerous.

I have also surmised that Catholics who do not know about the history of the Catholic Church both the good parts and the bad parts and who adhere to the Catholic version of the Bible without question -- these Catholics are also fanatics and no different than Islamic fanatics and just as dangerous.

There were Protestants in history who burned witches and there were Catholics who tortured Jews and Protestants. Those fanatics on both ends of the spectrum were dangerous.

Be careful that you do not become one of them.
    HKS: I don't know what experiences you have had or who has tried to influence you in your religious life but I think you have missed some things along the way. I don't know anyone who literally thinks the Hand of God came down from Heaven and wrote the Scriptures. The Scriptures were written by men, at the inspiration of God and they have survived for many years, through different versions, and have remained virtually unchanged. Quite an accomplishment, especially considering the different languages used. God has revealed Himself in the Scriptures and there is really no confusion unless you refuse to believe. ("Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved, you and your household." Acts 16:31) You may be correct in thinking that there are those who do not know the history of their religion, but they can have salvation without trying to intellectualize and pass themselves off as being omniscient. I have studied the Bible and religions in general for a long time and it amazes me how I can always find something new when studying. None of us, for the most part, can be considered Biblical scholars but we do study and realize what is required for the salvation of our souls. II Tim. 3:16 says, "All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness." That is what we are all trying to do.

Personally, I do not adhere strictly to the Catholic version of the Bible, preferring to use the King James Version primarily. I also use other versions and make comparisons of the writing and, when doing so, verify the consistency of what is being told.

In your response to Reba, you said that the parents of Jesus were not relevant. I beg to differ with you since they were not obscure personalities from history. They were very relevant to God in His choice of earthly parents. As a Catholic, I am surprised you would attempt to diminish their role in history and their relevance. You also mentioned several influential men of the Bible and that she should embrace one of them and follow their teachings. We have all already embraced one of them, the Lord Jesus Christ, and diligently try to follow Him. "Nor is there salvation in any other, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved." Acts 4:12.

Believe it or not, it is enjoyable having discussions like this and I hope you will continue.

Page 12 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast