ISRAEL Is God's Prophetic Timepiece...it's 11:59 - Page 13
Page 13 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 325

Thread: ISRAEL Is God's Prophetic Timepiece...it's 11:59

  1. #121
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    SC Lowcountry
    Posts
    1,550
    Quote Originally Posted by HKS View Post
    I have surmised through experience that Protestants who think that the Hand of God (and that they are confused about who God actually is) reached down from Heaven and wrote the Bible word for word with quill and ink in English -- these Protestants are fanatics and no different than Islamic fanatics and just as dangerous.
    I'm not a Catholic, so I don't presume to speak for their beliefs. You aren't a Protestant, so you shouldn't presume to speak for their beliefs. Of course, you know that "Protestant" isn't one monolithic denomination, and their beliefs and practices vary. I don't presume to speak for them either.

    I don't know any Protestants who are dangerous fanatics. I'm sure there might be some crazies out there but not as a denomination. If there were I think we would see something on news about them committing destructive acts.

    I speak for my own only. I believe the words of the Bible are God inspired (breathed). I don't believe they were originally written in English, and I don't personally know anyone else who does.

    I have also surmised that Catholics who do not know about the history of the Catholic Church both the good parts and the bad parts and who adhere to the Catholic version of the Bible without question -- these Catholics are also fanatics and no different than Islamic fanatics and just as dangerous.

    There were Protestants in history who burned witches and there were Catholics who tortured Jews and Protestants. Those fanatics on both ends of the spectrum were dangerous.

    Be careful that you do not become one of them.
    When was the last time Protestants burned witches or Catholics tortured Jews and Protestants? When was the last time Islamists tortured or killed "infidels?"

    That's what I thought.

  2.   
  3. #122
    Quote Originally Posted by Reba View Post
    I'm not a Catholic, so I don't presume to speak for their beliefs. You aren't a Protestant, so you shouldn't presume to speak for their beliefs. Of course, you know that "Protestant" isn't one monolithic denomination, and their beliefs and practices vary. I don't presume to speak for them either.

    I don't know any Protestants who are dangerous fanatics. I'm sure there might be some crazies out there but not as a denomination. If there were I think we would see something on news about them committing destructive acts.

    I speak for my own only. I believe the words of the Bible are God inspired (breathed). I don't believe they were originally written in English, and I don't personally know anyone else who does.


    When was the last time Protestants burned witches or Catholics tortured Jews and Protestants? When was the last time Islamists tortured or killed "infidels?"

    That's what I thought.
    It does not matter when "the last time ..." was.

    The fact that they each did it is sufficient refutation of BOTH of their faith systems and a warning about their fanaticisms.

  4. #123
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    SC Lowcountry
    Posts
    1,550
    Quote Originally Posted by HKS View Post
    You have covered a lot of ground here so I will comment on each piece of it in reverse order.

    I believe your own soul is in your own hands, and whether or not the Devil or Jesus gets to keep you will depend on how close you come to keeping Jesus' laws of ethics. Jesus was a philosopher, spent a lot of time philosophizing, spent a lot of time teaching his philosophy, got in trouble with the Jewish leadership at Jerusalem because of his success as a philosopher, and they raised a ruckus after he raised a ruckus, and this forced Pontius Pilate's hand who then had to crucify him as a political prisoner. As to who Jesus' Father and Mother were is not relevant to the issue. His philosophy speaks for itself.
    It's obvious that you don't believe that Jesus Christ is God. If Jesus were just a philosopher, following a philosophy wouldn't (couldn't) provide eternal life to anyone.

    Jesus said that if you do not belong to him you will belong to the Devil. Cut and dried. Right or left. Sheep or goats. Wheat or tares(weeds).
    Everyone belongs to the Devil unless they surrender themselves to Jesus Christ. Each individual has to decide--repent and trust the finished work of Jesus Christ's bloody sacrifice on the cross and His glorious resurrection for salvation or to not trust Him and be lost forever. Once that choice is made for Jesus as Savior, no power on earth or in hell can take that person from Jesus.

    Romans 8:

    38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, 39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

    Besides Jesus, the next most influential persons in the New Testament Bible were Peter and Paul. They were religious leaders and followers of Jesus. Peter through Mark (his stepson) and Paul himself and through Luke (his student/disciple) wrote to us regarding their understandings of Jesus' philosophies. Peter, Mark, Paul, and Luke are just men -- not giants, not gods -- just men. All they did was interpret Jesus' philosophies.
    They were apostles, which were men, not gods, who wrote down the words of God as He inspired them.

    Hebrews 1:

    1 God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets, 2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;

    II Timothy 3:

    16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

    Besides Jesus, Peter, and Paul the next most influential person in the whole Bible (Old and New) was Moses. He introduced Egyptian, Babylonian, and Hebrew (now called Jewish) philosophy as a new law for his own people whom he led out of Egypt. Some of these concepts of Moses are unique ("JHVH is your God and you shall love JHVH with all your heart, mind, and strength").
    Moses was influential only because God used him as a means to deliver His Law to His people. The Law of God wasn't a philosophy or concept from Moses.

    It is up to you yourself alone to embrace one of them and follow their teachings. There is nothing magical about it.
    The words and works of God are supernatural, not magical. Yes, we each have to decide whether to follow God or to follow man. Only God's way provides eternal life.


    John 3:

    16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. 17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. 18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

  5. #124
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    SC Lowcountry
    Posts
    1,550
    Quote Originally Posted by HKS View Post
    It does not matter when "the last time ..." was.

    The fact that they each did it is sufficient refutation of BOTH of their faith systems and a warning about their fanaticisms.
    It shows that there were people in the past who perverted the Word of God for their own pride and power. They didn't commit their atrocities out of love for Jesus.

  6. #125
    Quote Originally Posted by Reba View Post
    It shows that there were people in the past who perverted the Word of God for their own pride and power. They didn't commit their atrocities out of love for Jesus.
    Not only that ...

    It could happen again anytime.

  7. #126
    Quote Originally Posted by Reba View Post
    It's obvious that you don't believe that Jesus Christ is God. If Jesus were just a philosopher, following a philosophy wouldn't (couldn't) provide eternal life to anyone.


    Everyone belongs to the Devil unless they surrender themselves to Jesus Christ. Each individual has to decide--repent and trust the finished work of Jesus Christ's bloody sacrifice on the cross and His glorious resurrection for salvation or to not trust Him and be lost forever. Once that choice is made for Jesus as Savior, no power on earth or in hell can take that person from Jesus.

    Romans 8:

    38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, 39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.


    They were apostles, which were men, not gods, who wrote down the words of God as He inspired them.

    Hebrews 1:

    1 God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets, 2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;

    II Timothy 3:

    16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:


    Moses was influential only because God used him as a means to deliver His Law to His people. The Law of God wasn't a philosophy or concept from Moses.


    The words and works of God are supernatural, not magical. Yes, we each have to decide whether to follow God or to follow man. Only God's way provides eternal life.


    John 3:

    16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. 17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. 18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
    As I told you before, there is no place in the Greek New Testament (in Greek) where Jesus is called a God.

    This notion is a false Catholic translation into Latin of an earlier Greek doctrine that Mary is the Mother Of Christ.

    The original dogma in Greek was "Holy Mary Mother Of Christ."

    This got mistranslated by the Catholics into Latin as "Holy Mary Mother Of God."

    It is a pure fallacy.

    The Protestants inherited this mistake from the Catholics.

    If you believe this fallacy then you are a modern fool, brainwashed by Protestantism.

  8. #127
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    SC Lowcountry
    Posts
    1,550
    Quote Originally Posted by HKS View Post
    As I told you before, there is no place in the Greek New Testament (in Greek) where Jesus is called a God.

    This notion is a false Catholic translation into Latin of an earlier Greek doctrine that Mary is the Mother Of Christ.

    The original dogma in Greek was "Holy Mary Mother Of Christ."

    This got mistranslated by the Catholics into Latin as "Holy Mary Mother Of God."

    It is a pure fallacy.

    The Protestants inherited this mistake from the Catholics.

    If you believe this fallacy then you are a modern fool, brainwashed by Protestantism.
    I'm sorry but just because you say something is so, that doesn't make it so. You just post statements without even citing the relevant verses, or explaining how and why these mistakes and mistranslations happened.

    If you believe what the Catholics teach is fallacy, then why do you attend Catholic services?

    What is your preoccupation with Protestants?

    I believe that Jesus Christ is God, the Creator of the universe and all things living. He came to earth as an incarnate baby to grow into a sinless man who sacrificed His blood on the cross because He loved me. He resurrected out the grave and now lives in Heaven where He prepares a place for me. I have trusted Him with my eternal life.

    John 10

    23 And Jesus walked in the temple in Solomon's porch. 24 Then came the Jews round about him, and said unto him, How long dost thou make us to doubt? If thou be the Christ, tell us plainly. 25 Jesus answered them, I told you, and ye believed not: the works that I do in my Father's name, they bear witness of me. 26 But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you. 27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: 28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. 29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand. 30 I and my Father are one. 31 Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him. 32 Jesus answered them, Many good works have I shewed you from my Father; for which of those works do ye stone me? 33 The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.



    Clearly, Jesus did tell the Jews that He was God; that's why they were angered and stoned Him. Jesus also explained the reason why they didn't believe Him--they weren't His sheep. Until one puts aside pride and humbly becomes His sheep, His words are meaningless.

  9. #128
    Careful Reba, challenge his views too often and you to will be put on the snowflakes 'ignore list'
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

  10. #129
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    SC Lowcountry
    Posts
    1,550
    Quote Originally Posted by XD40scinNC View Post
    Careful Reba, challenge his views too often and you to will be put on the snowflakes 'ignore list'
    C'est la vie. :)

  11. #130
    Quote Originally Posted by Reba View Post
    I'm sorry but just because you say something is so, that doesn't make it so. You just post statements without even citing the relevant verses, or explaining how and why these mistakes and mistranslations happened.

    If you believe what the Catholics teach is fallacy, then why do you attend Catholic services?

    What is your preoccupation with Protestants?

    I believe that Jesus Christ is God, the Creator of the universe and all things living. He came to earth as an incarnate baby to grow into a sinless man who sacrificed His blood on the cross because He loved me. He resurrected out the grave and now lives in Heaven where He prepares a place for me. I have trusted Him with my eternal life.

    John 10

    23 And Jesus walked in the temple in Solomon's porch. 24 Then came the Jews round about him, and said unto him, How long dost thou make us to doubt? If thou be the Christ, tell us plainly. 25 Jesus answered them, I told you, and ye believed not: the works that I do in my Father's name, they bear witness of me. 26 But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you. 27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: 28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. 29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand. 30 I and my Father are one. 31 Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him. 32 Jesus answered them, Many good works have I shewed you from my Father; for which of those works do ye stone me? 33 The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.



    Clearly, Jesus did tell the Jews that He was God; that's why they were angered and stoned Him. Jesus also explained the reason why they didn't believe Him--they weren't His sheep. Until one puts aside pride and humbly becomes His sheep, His words are meaningless.
    Fanatics often adhere to their own fallacy notions and beliefs even in spite of information to the contrary.

    I cannot teach you Greek.

    And I am not about to give you my Greek-English New Testament.

    Those are all things you would need to do on your own to "prove it".

    Other than shifting the burden and moving the goal posts so far, which are rhetorical fallacies which you have been embracing to protect your fanatical Protestant ideas, you would need to do a lot of work on your own to erase your own brainwashing.

    This is always true of brainwashing.

    I have pointed you in the right direction.

    That's the best I can do for you, Reba.

    Good luck with that.

Page 13 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast