ISRAEL Is God's Prophetic Timepiece...it's 11:59 - Page 14
Page 14 of 33 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: ISRAEL Is God's Prophetic Timepiece...it's 11:59

Quote Originally Posted by Reba View Post
    C'est la vie. :)
    I would never put you on an ignore list just because you are brainwashed. Almost everyone is brainwashed to a certain extent.

It starts with our parents brainwashing us to adhere to their beliefs.

Then schools. They have mandates for "teaching" certain things to the students, whether they are public or private schools.

Then churches. They want to collect their donations into the plate every week.

Then governments. If you worked for any governments, as you did, as did I, there was a measure of brainwashing that went into that training which started at boot camp.

Then employers. They will heap upon their own corporate cultural brainwashing.

In your case the "Jesus as God" thing is what I have pointed out to you. Good luck with that.

Quote Originally Posted by HKS View Post
    I would never put you on an ignore list just because you are brainwashed. Almost everyone is brainwashed to a certain extent.
    Sigh . . . no, I'm not brainwashed. I did once take a course in college on brainwashing and propaganda, so I do know what it is.

It starts with our parents brainwashing us to adhere to their beliefs.
    We never discussed religion when I was growing up, other than my dad bragging about being an atheist.

Then schools. They have mandates for "teaching" certain things to the students, whether they are public or private schools.
    So what religious brainwashing do you think I got from the 12 public schools I attended?

Then churches. They want to collect their donations into the plate every week.
    I didn't even regularly attend church until I was 28 years old.

I'm sorry if that's been your experience with church. That's not mine.

Then governments. If you worked for any governments, as you did, as did I, there was a measure of brainwashing that went into that training which started at boot camp.
    Again, that's your experience in the military, not mine.

Then employers. They will heap upon their own corporate cultural brainwashing.
    After I retired from the Navy I worked as an independent contractor (also called freelancing). I didn't work for a corporation or government.

In your case the "Jesus as God" thing is what I have pointed out to you. Good luck with that.
    Luck has nothing to do with it.

You've proven nothing to me. Not even close.

Sigh . . . no, I'm not brainwashed. I did once take a course in college on brainwashing and propaganda, so I do know what it is.

We never discussed religion when I was growing up, other than my dad bragging about being an atheist.

So what religious brainwashing do you think I got from the 12 public schools I attended?

I didn't even regularly attend church until I was 28 years old.

I'm sorry if that's been your experience with church. That's not mine.

Again, that's your experience in the military, not mine.

After I retired from the Navy I worked as an independent contractor (also called freelancing). I didn't work for a corporation or government.

Luck has nothing to do with it.

You've proven nothing to me. Not even close.
    Verbosity. You are just repeating yourself over and over.

Verbosity is on the list.

However we make allowances for females -- they tending to be more emotional than logical by nature.

Emotional is also on the list.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fallacies

Verbosity. You are just repeating yourself over and over.
    Well, quit bringing up the same points then so I won't have to. Apparently you're not getting it yet.

Verbosity is on the list.
    What "list?" Your self-imposed ignore list criteria?

However we make allowances for females -- they tending to be more emotional than logical by nature.
    "We" who? You and your fellow misogynists?

Emotional is also on the list.
    If I get emotional, you'll know it. So far, I'm probably one of the least emotional people in this forum, when it comes to posting. Maybe you're just being overly sensitive.

BTW, you didn't answer my questions.

If the Catholic Church is so full of fallacy, why do you attend services?

Why are you so hung up on Protestants?

I guess I'm a goner for sure now.

Well, quit bringing up the same points then so I won't have to. Apparently you're not getting it yet.

What "list?" Your self-imposed ignore list criteria?

"We" who? You and your fellow misogynists?

If I get emotional, you'll know it. So far, I'm probably one of the least emotional people in this forum, when it comes to posting. Maybe you're just being overly sensitive.

BTW, you didn't answer my questions.

If the Catholic Church is so full of fallacy, why do you attend services?

Why are you so hung up on Protestants?

I guess I'm a goner for sure now.
    The fallacies list was started by Aristotle around 320 BC (remember, Christian dates don't get an "E" at the end of "BC").

It has since been enlarged by modern forensics debaters and philosophers, as more rhetorical tricks are invented.

Examples of fallacies which are popular are "everybody knows ..." etc. That's just for example.

If you are going to argue, you need to study the list and avoid the fallacies.

As I told you before, there is no place in the Greek New Testament (in Greek) where Jesus is called a God.

This notion is a false Catholic translation into Latin of an earlier Greek doctrine that Mary is the Mother Of Christ.

The original dogma in Greek was "Holy Mary Mother Of Christ."

This got mistranslated by the Catholics into Latin as "Holy Mary Mother Of God."

It is a pure fallacy.

The Protestants inherited this mistake from the Catholics.

If you believe this fallacy then you are a modern fool, brainwashed by Protestantism.
    HKS: I would refer you to the Old Testament where Jesus is indeed referred to as God: "6 For unto us a Child is born,Unto us a Son is given; And the government will be upon His shoulder. And His name shall be called Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. 7 Of the increase of His government and peace there will be no end. Upon the throne of David and over His kingdom, To order it and establish it with judgement and justice From that time forward, even forever, The zeal of the Lord of hosts will perform this." Isa. 9: 6-7.

The Old Testament DID refer to Jesus as God since this passage concerns only Him. It is nice that you have the Greek New Testament but, as you say, it is the New Testament." In the Septuagint, (LXX) the Greek Old Testament, the passage is written as: "6 For a child is born to us, and a son is given to us, whose government is upon his shoulder: and his name is called the Messenger of great counsel: for I will bring peace upon the princes, and health to him. 7 His government shall be great, and of his peace there is no end: it shall be upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to establish it, and to support it with judgment and with righteousness, from henceforth and forever. The seal of the Lord of hosts shall perform this. Seems the same to me.
    Jesus IS God!

I don't know if you are a Greek scholar, fluent in Greek, or someone who tries to cherry pick Greek phrases and interpret them to mean what you feel is correct. There are many versions of the Bible and many revisions over the years. There is the Torah, Tanakh, Septuagint and many other translations with different names. As I mentioned before, I have many Bibles and commentaries I use when studying the Bible. The most salient point for me is whether the different versions are in agreement. Unfortunately, some of the various denominations add to, or take away from, the Bible, i.e., The New World Translation by the Jehovah's Witnesses and The Book of Mormon by the Latter Day Saints. With those revisions or additions, some do become fanatical in their beliefs. BTW, do you know the definition of a religious fanatic? It is someone who seems to love the Lord more than another.

I seriously do not know what your religious beliefs are but you seem down on Catholics, and Protestants of all varieties, whose opinions differ with yours. I, as well as others on here, disagree with many of your comments since you seem to be holding yourself up as the ultimate authority in religious epistemology and deem others as fools. That is a rather large burden to take upon oneself and, rather than adding credence to your postulations, you are beginning to look some what unfamiliar with differing religions and thoughts. I would recommend II Tim. 3:16 as a good rule to go by. Studying always helps.

The fallacies list was started by Aristotle around 320 BC (remember, Christian dates don't get an "E" at the end of "BC").
    You're repeating yourself.

It has since been enlarged by modern forensics debaters and philosophers, as more rhetorical tricks are invented.

Examples of fallacies which are popular are "everybody knows ..." etc. That's just for example.

If you are going to argue, you need to study the list and avoid the fallacies.
    I don't need to do anything.

BTW, if the Catholic Church is so full of fallacies (your words, not mine), why do you attend their services?

Because his "daddy" the POOPE told him.

You're repeating yourself.

I don't need to do anything.

BTW, if the Catholic Church is so full of fallacies (your words, not mine), why do you attend their services?
    Everyone should attend somewhere.

But you should not let them brainwash you.

Christian churches are all the same in their brainwashing programs.

Does not matter if it is Catholic, Eastern Orthodox, Protestant, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldgrunt View Post
    HKS: I would refer you to the Old Testament where Jesus is indeed referred to as God: "6 For unto us a Child is born,Unto us a Son is given; And the government will be upon His shoulder. And His name shall be called Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. 7 Of the increase of His government and peace there will be no end. Upon the throne of David and over His kingdom, To order it and establish it with judgement and justice From that time forward, even forever, The zeal of the Lord of hosts will perform this." Isa. 9: 6-7.

The Old Testament DID refer to Jesus as God since this passage concerns only Him. It is nice that you have the Greek New Testament but, as you say, it is the New Testament." In the Septuagint, (LXX) the Greek Old Testament, the passage is written as: "6 For a child is born to us, and a son is given to us, whose government is upon his shoulder: and his name is called the Messenger of great counsel: for I will bring peace upon the princes, and health to him. 7 His government shall be great, and of his peace there is no end: it shall be upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to establish it, and to support it with judgment and with righteousness, from henceforth and forever. The seal of the Lord of hosts shall perform this. Seems the same to me.
    Jesus IS God!

I don't know if you are a Greek scholar, fluent in Greek, or someone who tries to cherry pick Greek phrases and interpret them to mean what you feel is correct. There are many versions of the Bible and many revisions over the years. There is the Torah, Tanakh, Septuagint and many other translations with different names. As I mentioned before, I have many Bibles and commentaries I use when studying the Bible. The most salient point for me is whether the different versions are in agreement. Unfortunately, some of the various denominations add to, or take away from, the Bible, i.e., The New World Translation by the Jehovah's Witnesses and The Book of Mormon by the Latter Day Saints. With those revisions or additions, some do become fanatical in their beliefs. BTW, do you know the definition of a religious fanatic? It is someone who seems to love the Lord more than another.

I seriously do not know what your religious beliefs are but you seem down on Catholics, and Protestants of all varieties, whose opinions differ with yours. I, as well as others on here, disagree with many of your comments since you seem to be holding yourself up as the ultimate authority in religious epistemology and deem others as fools. That is a rather large burden to take upon oneself and, rather than adding credence to your postulations, you are beginning to look some what unfamiliar with differing religions and thoughts. I would recommend II Tim. 3:16 as a good rule to go by. Studying always helps.
    Wow ... so you're in the Old Testament talking about a New Testament figure.

But that is only half your problem.

The other half as usual is translation.

You really need to check this out:

http://www.scripture4all.org/OnlineI...OTpdf/isa9.pdf

Page 14 of 33 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast