ISRAEL Is God's Prophetic Timepiece...it's 11:59 - Page 15
Page 15 of 33 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: ISRAEL Is God's Prophetic Timepiece...it's 11:59

Quote Originally Posted by SR9 View Post
    Because his "daddy" the POOPE told him.
    You missed the whole boat.

We are discussing DISAGREEMENT with standard dogmas and doctrines.

NOT following the Pope.

Quote Originally Posted by HKS View Post
    Everyone should attend somewhere.
    I don't agree but that's your opinion and you're entitled to state it.

Why do you think everyone should attend a place where they would be brainwashed with fallacies?

But you should not let them brainwash you.
    No problem for me.

Christian churches are all the same in their brainwashing programs.

Does not matter if it is Catholic, Eastern Orthodox, Protestant, etc.
    You are incorrect but there is some issue in your life that blinds you.

Jesus Christ transcends both testaments, eternity past and future. It's one continuous testimony.

Wow ... so you're in the Old Testament talking about a New Testament figure.

But that is only half your problem.

The other half as usual is translation.

You really need to check this out:

http://www.scripture4all.org/OnlineI...OTpdf/isa9.pdf
    Yes, Jesus Christ was foretold in the Old Testament. Nothing new there and in whichever translation one cares to use. Your reference gives Hebrew writings and interpreted in English. To the right of that is the KJV version of Isaiah, in English,which reads essentially the same. So what is your problem? You seem to want to say that everyone else on here is wrong in their religions while actually undermining your own professed religion, which now beggars the question, just what religion do you profess to follow? Catholicism? I am a Catholic and I can't identify what you are saying with that faith. Do you have a Catechism? If not, I would suggest you obtain one and study the religion you are misinterpreting or misrepresenting.

Discussing religion on here can be enjoyable, without being confrontational, as long as we recognize that we may have different opinions about denominations but are all on the same page when it comes to our salvation.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldgrunt View Post
    Yes, Jesus Christ was foretold in the Old Testament. Nothing new there and in whichever translation one cares to use. Your reference gives Hebrew writings and interpreted in English. To the right of that is the KJV version of Isaiah, in English,which reads essentially the same. So what is your problem? You seem to want to say that everyone else on here is wrong in their religions while actually undermining your own professed religion, which now beggars the question, just what religion do you profess to follow? Catholicism? I am a Catholic and I can't identify what you are saying with that faith. Do you have a Catechism? If not, I would suggest you obtain one and study the religion you are misinterpreting or misrepresenting.

Discussing religion on here can be enjoyable, without being confrontational, as long as we recognize that we may have different opinions about denominations but are all on the same page when it comes to our salvation.
    Well for one thing you cannot take KJV literally. It is a sloppy British translation into English.

The Catholic Douay-Rheims is a lot more literal.

However YLT (Youngs Literal Translation) is probably the best.

But you cannot even rely on a translation.

Just because KJV uses the word "god" does not make it right.

And if you are looking for info on Jesus you are wise to search the Greek New Testament not the Hebrew Tenakh.

Well for one thing you cannot take KJV literally. It is a sloppy British translation into English.

The Catholic Douay-Rheims is a lot more literal.

However YLT (Youngs Literal Translation) is probably the best.

But you cannot even rely on a translation.

Just because KJV uses the word "god" does not make it right.

And if you are looking for info on Jesus you are wise to search the Greek New Testament not the Hebrew Tenakh.

HKS: I have read several versions of the Bible, and there are many, but what I look for in any translation is consistency. Whatever version you choose should lead you to the salvation of your soul through the acceptance of Jesus Christ as your Savior. Jesus has atoned for our sins through his death and resurrection and all that is required of us is to believe in Him, repent, and accept His gift of everlasting life. Simple isn't it? That is the message and, as I once heard, this song says it all.

On that note, I am going to leave it to you to find your way through study, and I sincerely hope you do.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldgrunt View Post

HKS: I have read several versions of the Bible, and there are many, but what I look for in any translation is consistency. Whatever version you choose should lead you to the salvation of your soul through the acceptance of Jesus Christ as your Savior. Jesus has atoned for our sins through his death and resurrection and all that is required of us is to believe in Him, repent, and accept His gift of everlasting life. Simple isn't it? That is the message and, as I once heard, this song says it all.

On that note, I am going to leave it to you to find your way through study, and I sincerely hope you do.
    I prefer the original Hebrew and Greek versions.

Then you can read it for yourself.

If you look online you can find this too in a look-up format.

I am guessing you are just too lazy or brainwashed to do it yourself.

PBS has a Frontline or American Experience documentary that they showed last night.

It shows Randy Weaver and his wife and kids.

They went off the Protestant deep end too and ended up in a gun battle with the BATF and FBI.

They lost.

This is what happens when your brain goes wacko on the Bible.

All written by men, only men, and men that didn't have a clue where the sun went at night. Not a reliable source... even more ignorant than many of the elected officials we suffer under today.

Have you ever wondered why there are so many versions of the same story? Cause it's all made up by men.
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

This message is hidden because XD40scinNC is on your ignore list.

Page 15 of 33 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast