ISRAEL Is God's Prophetic Timepiece...it's 11:59 - Page 16
Page 16 of 33 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: ISRAEL Is God's Prophetic Timepiece...it's 11:59

Quote Originally Posted by HKS View Post
    This message is hidden because XD40scinNC is on your ignore list.
    From the snowflake in his "safe space basement bunker".... ex-marine my ass,
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

PBS has a Frontline or American Experience documentary that they showed last night.
    PBS? Not exactly an unbiased source, especially with anything gun related. I hope that you were already familiar with the story before you saw it on PBS.

It shows Randy Weaver and his wife and kids.

They went off the Protestant deep end too and ended up in a gun battle with the BATF and FBI.

They lost.

This is what happens when your brain goes wacko on the Bible.
    You do know that the confrontation between them and the Feds was because of the arms sting operation against him? The family did nothing "religious" against the government agencies.

Yes, the Weavers grievously lost beloved family members but the US government eventually had to pay up over $3 million for their wrongful actions.

The tragedy at Ruby Ridge has nothing to do with your Catholic/Protestant issues.

If you all would study some Philosophy then you would be able to UN-brainwash yourselves from Religion.

5. Quote Originally Posted by HKS View Post
    As I told you before, there is no place in the Greek New Testament (in Greek) where Jesus is called a God.

This notion is a false Catholic translation into Latin of an earlier Greek doctrine that Mary is the Mother Of Christ.

The original dogma in Greek was "Holy Mary Mother Of Christ."

This got mistranslated by the Catholics into Latin as "Holy Mary Mother Of God."

It is a pure fallacy.

The Protestants inherited this mistake from the Catholics.

If you believe this fallacy then you are a modern fool, brainwashed by Protestantism.
    As opposed to a traditional fool brainwashed by other religionists purporting that a god exists and revealed himself through the old testament. It's all laughable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you all would study some Philosophy then you would be able to UN-brainwash yourselves from Religion.
    Been there, done that.

Quote Originally Posted by Reba View Post
    Been there, done that.
    Philosophy is guaranteed.

Best place to start is with Renee Descartes, because he also starts from scratch.

Je pense donc je suis.

In Latin, cogito ergo sum.

Since you know you are thinking then you know you exist since a thing must exist to think.

The next step is proving there are others around you. Since they can cause you happiness or pain or even kill you, that is a safe bet.

Then the next step is proving a God exists. Descartes does this by reasoning since he can conceive of a God then there must be a God. This is weak however. But that is Descartes' assumption.

Then next is to prove the God is not an Evil Genius. Descartes proves this by pointing out if God were evil He would not even have had to create us. That works for Descartes but not for everyone. Finally Descartes concludes that since God has been good to Descartes himself (he inherited a lot of wealth and only worked for the fun of it -- in two different armies during his lifetime -- but mostly just philosophizing about Philosophy), therefore God must be good and not an Evil Genius.

San Tomas Aquinas does a much better job of proving that a God must exist. He starts with Aristotle's "prime mover" argument. This states that since all the objects in the sky seem to move, Sun, Moon, planets, comets, and meteors, therefore there must be a God who put them all in motion.

Aquinas adds, that since all things exist around us, therefore there must be a God that created them. We did not create ourselves and we could not do it now ourselves either.

Also since Nature follows art, there must be a God who loves to create artistic versus nonartistic things.

Also since the Universe seems to have order, there must be a God who has ordered it.

On the topic of the existence of others, which is hard to prove philosophically, the British Empiricists warn that you should not be so skeptical that you doubt things in Nature which are obvious because that kind of doubt is foolish and dangerous.

So now we know from Philosophy that you, I, God, and the Universe exist.

The next step is determining how many Gods and whether they are concerned with us?

From Plato onwards there was never any concept that more than 1 God is needed, therefore Philosophy tends to be monotheistic. This is what got Socrates sentenced to death -- he was preaching philosophical monotheism and thus insulting the Greek Gods (Zeus, Poseidon, Hades, Hera, Demeter, Athena, Apollo, Artemis, Ares, Aphrodite, Hephaestus, Hermes, etc.)

So for now we can assume there is only one. Christianity leads us to believe there are 3 though -- Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.

Hindus have hundreds of Gods.

Jews and Muslims have only one God. The Jewish God is JHVH ELOHM and the Muslim God is Allah.

The final question is whether God considers us or not.

In Philosophy it is reasoned that humans are not worthy of God's attention because He has other more important things to do, therefore he does not think about them at all. Ergo humans like ants and flies are on their own.

This is called Deism -- the classic watchmaker God who has made the watch and then leaves it to run on its own.

As opposed to Theism -- the notion that God watches over us. Jesus never said this however. Jesus said you will be judged by your acts, words, and thoughts. But he never said he would be watching over you.

Ergo with Philosophy you can free your mind of all mythology and brainwashing and stand on your own two feet, taking responsibility for everything that you do.

That's how Philosophy frees your mind from Religion and from all brainwashing.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldodds3 View Post
    As opposed to a traditional fool brainwashed by other religionists purporting that a god exists and revealed himself through the old testament. It's all laughable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It is all laughable, agreed.

If you follow my philosophical outline you can free yourself from all brainwashing, even Religion.

But you will need to read a lot of Philosophy to do it.

. . .

So for now we can assume there is only one. Christianity leads us to believe there are 3 though -- Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
    One God in three Persons.

In Philosophy it is reasoned that humans are not worthy of God's attention because He has other more important things to do, therefore he does not think about them at all. Ergo humans like ants and flies are on their own.

This is called Deism -- the classic watchmaker God who has made the watch and then leaves it to run on its own.

As opposed to Theism -- the notion that God watches over us. Jesus never said this however. Jesus said you will be judged by your acts, words, and thoughts. But he never said he would be watching over you.
    Jesus was the Creator but not only the Creator. He continues to care for His creation.

Luke 12: 6 Are not five sparrows sold for two farthings, and not one of them is forgotten before God? 7 But even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Fear not therefore: ye are of more value than many sparrows.

John 10: 14 I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine. 15 As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep. 16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

God cares for us day by day.

Matthew 6: 11 Give us this day our daily bread.

Ergo with Philosophy you can free your mind of all mythology and brainwashing and stand on your own two feet, taking responsibility for everything that you do.
    Christians (like anyone) are responsible for everything they do, too. All our actions have consequences.

Job 4:8 Even as I have seen, they that plow iniquity, and sow wickedness, reap the same.

Matthew 7: 17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit. 18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit. 19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire. 20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

That's how Philosophy frees your mind from Religion and from all brainwashing.
    A personal relationship with Jesus Christ will free a person from all bondage.

John 8: 36 If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.

Nigel Warburton, a British philosopher, said, "Philosophy is an unusual subject in that its practitioners don't agree what it is about." Another statement says "Philosophy is 99 percent about critical reflection on anything you care to be interested in."

Obviously, Christians are interested in God and the Bible so, one studies religious epistemology, and accepts the existence of God based on both the Bible and historical records of the time. That is faith, not brainwashing. Brainwashing is making a person adopt radically different beliefs by use of forcible pressure. We do not use force to make anyone believe in God. We do follow the Scriptures, which in themselves, make some terribly uncomfortable by forcing them to realize how their actions are against the rules of God. Through their own guilt they become opposed to religion and those who follow it.

With the acceptance of Jesus Christ and his gift of atonement for us, our minds are freed and we do accept our responsibilities as His followers. "But godliness with contentment is great gain." I Tim. 6:6.

There are those who, by using science, try to dispel the existence of God but as I just read, "All science is uncertain and subject to revision. The glory of science is to imagine more than we can prove." Even science has yet to prove God does not exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldgrunt View Post
    Nigel Warburton, a British philosopher, said, "Philosophy is an unusual subject in that its practitioners don't agree what it is about." Another statement says "Philosophy is 99 percent about critical reflection on anything you care to be interested in."

Obviously, Christians are interested in God and the Bible so, one studies religious epistemology, and accepts the existence of God based on both the Bible and historical records of the time. That is faith, not brainwashing. Brainwashing is making a person adopt radically different beliefs by use of forcible pressure. We do not use force to make anyone believe in God. We do follow the Scriptures, which in themselves, make some terribly uncomfortable by forcing them to realize how their actions are against the rules of God. Through their own guilt they become opposed to religion and those who follow it.

With the acceptance of Jesus Christ and his gift of atonement for us, our minds are freed and we do accept our responsibilities as His followers. "But godliness with contentment is great gain." I Tim. 6:6.

There are those who, by using science, try to dispel the existence of God but as I just read, "All science is uncertain and subject to revision. The glory of science is to imagine more than we can prove." Even science has yet to prove God does not exist.
    Science is totally separate from Philosophy and from Religion. You should start a new thread on "science vs religion".

Page 16 of 33 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast