ISRAEL Is God's Prophetic Timepiece...it's 11:59 - Page 17
Page 17 of 33 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 325

Thread: ISRAEL Is God's Prophetic Timepiece...it's 11:59

  1. #161
    Quote Originally Posted by Reba View Post
    One God in three Persons.



    Jesus was the Creator but not only the Creator. He continues to care for His creation.

    Luke 12: 6 Are not five sparrows sold for two farthings, and not one of them is forgotten before God? 7 But even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Fear not therefore: ye are of more value than many sparrows.

    John 10: 14 I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine. 15 As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep. 16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.


    God cares for us day by day.

    Matthew 6: 11 Give us this day our daily bread.


    Christians (like anyone) are responsible for everything they do, too. All our actions have consequences.

    Job 4:8 Even as I have seen, they that plow iniquity, and sow wickedness, reap the same.

    Matthew 7: 17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit. 18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit. 19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire. 20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.


    A personal relationship with Jesus Christ will free a person from all bondage.

    John 8: 36 If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.
    If Jesus visits you personally in the flesh then you can have a personal relationship with him, sure.

    Otherwise as Brad Pitt said in the movie "Troy" a personal relationship with a God is going to be one sided.

  2.   
  3. #162
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    ARIZONA-a short distance from the sun
    Posts
    8,890

    Back on topic...

    Because God uses prophecy to prove He is who He says He is, and to authenticate all the warnings and the promises found in the Bible, it's so easy to recognize yesterday's prophesies in our news everyday. Any student of Bible prophecy can see the stage presently being set for the terrible War of Psalm 83 and the annihilation of Damascus (Isaiah 17) that will change the world as we know it. Considering that we are already 69 years into this Last Generation (1948-2028) the exponential growth of last days events will rapidly increase in 2017.

    ~ God Hates Religion ~
    But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach to you a gospel contrary to the one we preached to you, let him be accursed.

  4. #163
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    Because God uses prophecy to prove He is who He says He is, and to authenticate all the warnings and the promises found in the Bible, it's so easy to recognize yesterday's prophesies in our news everyday. Any student of Bible prophecy can see the stage presently being set for the terrible War of Psalm 83 and the annihilation of Damascus (Isaiah 17) that will change the world as we know it. Considering that we are already 69 years into this Last Generation (1948-2028) the exponential growth of last days events will rapidly increase in 2017.

    All that crap out of a 3500 to 2000 year old book -- just not rational.

    This kind of thinking is as dangerous as muslims and their 72 virgins for blowing themselves up with suicide vests.

  5. #164
    Quote Originally Posted by HKS View Post
    Science is totally separate from Philosophy and from Religion. You should start a new thread on "science vs religion".
    HKS: First old son, religious epistemology is indeed part of philosophy. Before you start trying to intellectualize your argument against religion, do yourself a favor and study before commenting. You have asserted in your previous comments that you do have a religion but, you have not been able to explain it, or make a very knowledgeable comment about it. In following comments, you seem to be asserting that there is no God. So what is it? Do you believe in God or not? If you do not believe in God, you are merely trolling on here. If you are an atheist, say so, quit BSing. There is one fellow on here who definitely is an atheist and his comments leave no doubt about that fact. I give more credence to his comments than yours since he does not vacillate in his opinion.

  6. #165
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldgrunt View Post
    HKS: First old son, religious epistemology is indeed part of philosophy. Before you start trying to intellectualize your argument against religion, do yourself a favor and study before commenting. You have asserted in your previous comments that you do have a religion but, you have not been able to explain it, or make a very knowledgeable comment about it. In following comments, you seem to be asserting that there is no God. So what is it? Do you believe in God or not? If you do not believe in God, you are merely trolling on here. If you are an atheist, say so, quit BSing. There is one fellow on here who definitely is an atheist and his comments leave no doubt about that fact. I give more credence to his comments than yours since he does not vacillate in his opinion.
    I have no problem with people following a religion.

    What bothers me is when they go off the deep end and say/do really stupid things like quoting from a several thousands years old "book" (collection of ancient scrolls) and using that to predict the future.

    That qualifies as wacko.

  7. #166
    That "Book" was first written on perishable materials, and was copied many times before the printing press came into being. The Scriptures have not diminished nor have they faded away. Voltaire said that Christianity would cease to exist one hundred years from his time. Oddly enough, the printing press came about fifty years after his death and the Geneva Bible Society produced Bibles
    by the stacks. Those who would deny the Bible have come and gone yet, the Bible remains. Jesus said in Mark 13:31, "Heaven and earth will pass away, but My words will by no means pass away." The Bible has more manuscript evidence to support it than any classical literature.

    The "predictions of the future" from a thousand year old book you allude to are known as prophecy. In Deut. 18, a prophet was considered false if his prophecies were never fulfilled. No unconditional prophecies of the Bible about events to the present have gone unfulfilled. The coming of Jesus was foretold in the Old Testament: (The time: Dan 9); (city: Mic.5:2) and( nature: Isa.7:14.) Mohammedanism cannot point to any prophecies uttered hundreds of years before his birth. Neither can the founders of any cult in this country rightly identify any ancient text specifically foretelling their appearance. There are other books such as the Book of Mormon and the Koran that claim to have come about through divine inspiration but none contain predictive prophecy. Fulfilled prophecy strongly suggests the unique, divine authority of the Bible. Check this reference for fulfilled prophecies to show the truth of Biblical prophecies: 60 Genuine divine Bible prophecies fulfilled.

    In his book Religions of the World, Niels Nielsen presents twelve common characteristics found in most religions. For all, there is a belief in the supernatural. They promote moral codes or ethical principles to guide individuals and communities. They have sacred stories to guide them and their own religious books. In our religion, we have the Bible which is, and has been, remarkable in leading and guiding us for centuries. If, in light of the fulfilled prophecies of the Bible, one still refuses to accept to believe, as you said, "That qualifies as being wacko." Common Characteristics of Religions.

  8. #167
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    ARIZONA-a short distance from the sun
    Posts
    8,890
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldgrunt View Post
    If, in light of the fulfilled prophecies of the Bible, one still refuses to accept to believe, as you said, "That qualifies as being wacko."
    That is an absolute truth.



    “Remember the former things of old: for I am God, and there is none else; I am God, and there is none like me. Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done. saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure".

    (Isaiah 46:9-10)
    ~ God Hates Religion ~
    But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach to you a gospel contrary to the one we preached to you, let him be accursed.

  9. #168
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    SC Lowcountry
    Posts
    1,550
    Quote Originally Posted by HKS View Post
    If Jesus visits you personally in the flesh then you can have a personal relationship with him, sure.
    The relationship between a believer and Christ is spirit-to-spirit, not flesh-to-flesh, although we will also someday see Him face-to-face. The spiritual relationship then will already have been established.

    Otherwise as Brad Pitt said in the movie "Troy" a personal relationship with a God is going to be one sided.
    I wouldn't base any of my beliefs about anything on a movie character's words.

  10. #169
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    SC Lowcountry
    Posts
    1,550
    Quote Originally Posted by HKS View Post
    I have no problem with people following a religion.

    What bothers me is when they go off the deep end and say/do really stupid things like quoting from a several thousands years old "book" (collection of ancient scrolls) and using that to predict the future.
    What religion is that which people follow that you find acceptable?

    That qualifies as wacko.
    In your mind, although not original. God foresaw that, too.

    I Corinthians 1: 18 For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. 19 For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent. 20 Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe. 22 For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom: 23 But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness; 24 But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God. 25 Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men. 26 For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called: 27 But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty; 28 And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are:

  11. #170
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    ARIZONA-a short distance from the sun
    Posts
    8,890
    Quote Originally Posted by HKS View Post
    I have no problem with people following a religion.
    Christianity is a relationship and not a religion. Christianity is man getting to God, God's way, through Jesus ONLY. Religion is man's attempt to get to God man's way, that being any way EXCEPT through Jesus. GOD HATES RELIGION.
    ~ God Hates Religion ~
    But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach to you a gospel contrary to the one we preached to you, let him be accursed.

Page 17 of 33 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast