ISRAEL Is God's Prophetic Timepiece...it's 11:59 - Page 20
Page 20 of 33 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: ISRAEL Is God's Prophetic Timepiece...it's 11:59

Quote Originally Posted by HKS View Post
    The important thing to realize is that there are 3 or 4 major thought systems.

Religion is only one of them. Tradition is another. Philosophy is a third and Science is a fourth.

It is important not to let any of them obsess you.

While no one would put on a suicide vest and blow themselves up for tradition, philosophy, or science -- it does happen under religion.
    Maybe not a suicide vest but people don't mind blowing up others for their traditions or philosophies, which are often expressed in "manifestos." Deadly philosophers Ted Kaczynski, Mao Tse Tung, any number of race purists, the Weathermen--all were willing to kill for their philosophical beliefs.

Religion is a powerful opiate of the masses.
    Karl Marx said, "Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions. It is the opium of the people."

And if you have been brainwashed by religion it is important to discover and note this.
    I've not been brainwashed so I need not note this.

Do you even know what real brainwashing is?

Babbling from a several thousand year old book and thinking it contains the future in it is as insane as doing so from one that is only 14 centuries like the muslim extremists do.
    Remind me again, who's the one obsessed with religions?

Good description of atheism and agnosticism.

I am a deist however, but not a theist.
    If you don't believe the Bible, then from where do you get your deist beliefs? If you're not a theist, then why do you attend Catholic church services?

I think everyone should be cautious about religious fanaticism within themselves as well as within their own community.

And no major group seems to be exempt.

Quote Originally Posted by Reba View Post
    If you don't believe the Bible, then from where do you get your deist beliefs? If you're not a theist, then why do you attend Catholic church services?
    One normally does what one was raised to do.

That does not mean one must continue in a state of self perpetuated brainwashing.

Deism is a philosophy about religion, not a religious order itself.

Theism is the notion that God(s) and Angels watch over you specifically. There is nothing wrong with such a notion -- my sister believes it literally she having also been raised Catholic all her life by our mother -- however it is best not to try to get your morning news or your future prognostications out of books that are thousands of years old.

There is a limit to what you can call sanity, and religious fanaticism is not sane.

This is primarily a concealed carry forum.

When religious fanaticism creeps into it, this makes me worry a bit about some of the people who are licensed to carry in public.

Of course everyone should believe in something. And even fantasies of guardian angels are not illegal.

Whatever floats your own boat is usually fine with everybody else.

But it is troubling when someone who is licensed by their state to carry concealed in their state and who is expected to use extremely good judgment in all circumstances starts to babble like a religious fanatic.

This has nothing to do with "trolling".

This is all about sanity.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldgrunt View Post
    Nah, his watch and mine are keeping perfect time together!
    Attachment 16577
    Yep, both are synced to the time of prevailing ignorance of goat herders who didn't understand where the sun went at night.
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

One normally does what one was raised to do.

That does not mean one must continue in a state of self perpetuated brainwashing.

Deism is a philosophy about religion, not a religious order itself.

Theism is the notion that God(s) and Angels watch over you specifically. There is nothing wrong with such a notion -- my sister believes it literally she having also been raised Catholic all her life by our mother -- however it is best not to try to get your morning news or your future prognostications out of books that are thousands of years old.

There is a limit to what you can call sanity, and religious fanaticism is not sane.
    I (and others I know) grew up unchurched yet became Christians. We all have free will.

When religious fanaticism creeps into it, this makes me worry a bit about some of the people who are licensed to carry in public.

Of course everyone should believe in something. And even fantasies of guardian angels are not illegal.

But it is troubling when someone who is licensed by their state to carry concealed in their state and who is expected to use extremely good judgment in all circumstances starts to babble like a religious fanatic.

Says the man who sees no difference between shoot to kill and shoot to stop the threat.

HKS: If you are not trolling, why do you insist in entering into an area of religious comments? You have been the one who has insisted that WE are wrong and have attempted to dissuade us through the use of materials with which you seem unfamiliar. As you have said, "Whatever floats your boat is usually fine with everybody else." Obviously you do not agree with your own statement since you keep posting to the contrary. Now you are asserting that religious people being licensed to carry is troubling. We could turn that around and say the same about you. If you don't want to discuss religion, stay off the topic and I guarantee you that others will not complain about your absence.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldgrunt View Post
    HKS: If you are not trolling, why do you insist in entering into an area of religious comments? You have been the one who has insisted that WE are wrong and have attempted to dissuade us through the use of materials with which you seem unfamiliar. As you have said, "Whatever floats your boat is usually fine with everybody else." Obviously you do not agree with your own statement since you keep posting to the contrary. Now you are asserting that religious people being licensed to carry is troubling. We could turn that around and say the same about you. If you don't want to discuss religion, stay off the topic and I guarantee you that others will not complain about your absence.
    This is a concealed carry forum.

So you would expect the sub-forums to be somewhat concealed carry oriented.

That gets us back to square one then, with the oddness of the fanaticisms.

People who carry in public, whether concealed or openly, probably should not be fanatics.

They may or will be called upon to exercise their judgment at some point about drawing and shooting their firearms.

An irrational fanatical individual on the street carrying a concealed firearm is a clear and present hazard.

So go and take a good hard look in the mirror and ask yourself if you should be carrying or not.

And if you do not carry anyway, just let us know somehow. Then you can continue your religious ranting without causing concern.

Page 20 of 33 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast