ISRAEL Is God's Prophetic Timepiece...it's 11:59 - Page 21
Page 21 of 33 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: ISRAEL Is God's Prophetic Timepiece...it's 11:59

Quote Originally Posted by Reba View Post
    Says the man who sees no difference between shoot to kill and shoot to stop the threat.
    Where did you get that idea from ??

I would normally shoot to wound, if I have the chance.

In other words, against a big rock ape like Michael Brown I would shoot to kill.

Whereas against a smaller obnoxious threat I would shoot to wound -- either the shoulder or the lower side of the abdomen which connects to the legs.

And if instead you are talking about legal rhetoric -- I don't do legal rhetoric.

I (and others I know) grew up unchurched yet became Christians. We all have free will.
    So you are converts then.

Converts tend to be even more enthusiastic than born and raised members.

You probably don't have the same expertise in religion then being converts and relatively new.

A thorough Bible history or comparative religion class would really help you out, to understand how really old these various texts (scrolls) are.

In Judea-Christianity, Moses began writing about 1450 BCE, and Nehemiah finished his about 450 BCE, with the authors of Maccabees (a text that you probable don't have unless you are Catholic) around 150 BCE.

St. Paul was probably the first Christian writer around 60 A.D., followed respectively by the Saints Mark, Matthew, Luke, Jude, James, and John shortly thereafter.

The first New Testament text (scroll) written was most likely to the Thessalonians by Paul.

And the last was the "gospel" (good-message in Greek) of St. John around 100 A.D.

Eusebius strongly insists that the books called Hebrews and Revelation are a fraud. Keep that in mind.

I (and others I know) grew up unchurched yet became Christians. We all have free will.
    or not

and many where churched unmercifully, and became atheists/agnostic.... including priests and pastors.
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

I myself simply stumbled upon Philosophy on my own.

And then it freed my mind from all brainwashing including U.S. Federal, Catholic, and everything else.

Now, I think therefore I am.

Quote Originally Posted by HKS View Post
    Where did you get that idea from ??
    One place:

https://www.usacarry.com/forums/conc...tml#post616590

I would normally shoot to wound, if I have the chance.

In other words, against a big rock ape like Michael Brown I would shoot to kill.
    I'll take your word on that.

Whereas against a smaller obnoxious threat I would shoot to wound -- either the shoulder or the lower side of the abdomen which connects to the legs.

And if instead you are talking about legal rhetoric -- I don't do legal rhetoric.
    OK.

One place:

https://www.usacarry.com/forums/conc...tml#post616590

I'll take your word on that.

OK.
    Anytime you kill somebody for any reason there is a ton of paperwork. And in the worst case you are also going to get prosecuted and/or sued.

It is best to do whatever you can to avoid having to kill somebody.

But if you cannot avoid it then it is better to be jailed by 12 than carried by 6.

So you are converts then.

Converts tend to be even more enthusiastic than born and raised members.
    We are sometimes more appreciative, knowing from what we've been saved.

The point is, one does not have to remain in whatever life he or she grew up in.

You probably don't have the same expertise in religion then being converts and relatively new.
    I'm not sure what you mean by "expertise in religion." I do know in Whom I have believed, and each day grow more in the knowledge of Him. Since 1979.

A thorough Bible history or comparative religion class would really help you out, to understand how really old these various texts (scrolls) are.
    In college I took classes in philosophy, my minor was Bible, and I've taken a course in comparative world views, not including research I did on my own.

In Judea-Christianity, Moses began writing about 1450 BCE, and Nehemiah finished his about 450 BCE, with the authors of Maccabees (a text that you probable don't have unless you are Catholic) around 150 BCE.

St. Paul was probably the first Christian writer around 60 A.D., followed respectively by the Saints Mark, Matthew, Luke, Jude, James, and John shortly thereafter.

The first New Testament text (scroll) written was most likely to the Thessalonians by Paul.

And the last was the "gospel" (good-message in Greek) of St. John around 100 A.D.

Eusebius strongly insists that the books called Hebrews and Revelation are a fraud. Keep that in mind.
    OK.

Quote Originally Posted by XD40scinNC View Post
    or not

and many where churched unmercifully, and became atheists/agnostic.... including priests and pastors.
    Exactly. When children grow up they are free to reject the life that they had and make their own choices. They don't have to attend church if they don't want to, at least in America.

I myself simply stumbled upon Philosophy on my own.

And then it freed my mind from all brainwashing including U.S. Federal, Catholic, and everything else.

Now, I think therefore I am.
    I had exposure to varied philosophies for many years before Jesus saved me. That exposure helped me to know the real deal when I found it. All it took was a clear presentation of the Gospel to me, and it all made sense. No brainwashing or outside coercion required. In just one evening I went from lost to found.

I had exposure to varied philosophies for many years before Jesus saved me. That exposure helped me to know the real deal when I found it. All it took was a clear presentation of the Gospel to me, and it all made sense. No brainwashing or outside coercion required. In just one evening I went from lost to found.
    Jesus is a ghost from the past.

Robert Prisig in his book Zen And The Art Of Motorcycle Maintenance explains this best how ghosts of the past can haunt you.

I have nothing against Jesus personally but you and I are on our own for now.

Don't let Protestant brainwashing pollute your mind.

Page 21 of 33 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast