ISRAEL Is God's Prophetic Timepiece...it's 11:59 - Page 23
Page 23 of 33 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: ISRAEL Is God's Prophetic Timepiece...it's 11:59

Both of you have rushed into fanatical religion before studying rational Philosophy.

The original purpose of the ancient Greeks (Hesiod and Thales) when they invented Philosophy was to free the human mind from superstition and religion.

That's what you both need to do.

Galileo then used Philosophy to create Science.

Religion is ancient and wicked and mostly nonsense as practiced by modern fanatics.

Quote Originally Posted by HKS View Post
    Both of you have rushed into fanatical religion before studying rational Philosophy.

The original purpose of the ancient Greeks (Hesiod and Thales) when they invented Philosophy was to free the human mind from superstition and religion.

That's what you both need to do.

Galileo then used Philosophy to create Science.

Religion is ancient and wicked and mostly nonsense as practiced by modern fanatics.
    HKS: If you are so into philosophy, here is a good reference to introduce you to it's many philosophers, https://historyofphilosophy.net/. Many, many different thoughts to peruse so enjoy yourself. I don't know why you insist in thinking we "rushed into fanatical religion." I have studied religion for quite a while and have not rushed into it. Contrary to what you seem to think, I was introduced to philosophy many years ago in college. I wasn't impressed then and definitely not now.

My comments to you have been to refute your comments about religion. You have a tendency to try to disparage religion and, from your comments, you don't seem to have a very good foundation in it. That is fine but, if you want to make wild statements, expect a comeback. If you criticize religion, study to learn about it before starting in your diatribe.

Sorry you think religion is evil. You will find out someday that it is far from evil. Hope you find out in time!

Quote Originally Posted by Oldgrunt View Post
    Sorry you think religion is evil. You will find out someday that it is far from evil. Hope you find out in time!
    All one has to do is pay just a little bit of attention to all the hate and strife in the world, and there is only one conclusion that can be drawn, it is all rooted in religions.

The hate between religions, muslims hating christians, christians hating muslims, christians hating jews, muslims hating jews, jews hating christians, jews hating muslims.

The hate within religions, people hating people that profess to believe in the same religion, over gender, race, sexual preferences.

And what is so insanely stupid is that is all based on fantasies.

PS

Noted you played Pascal's Wager tripe (again) in some desperate attempt to inject your irrational fears into the conversation.
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

Quote Originally Posted by Oldgrunt View Post
    HKS: If you are so into philosophy, here is a good reference to introduce you to it's many philosophers, https://historyofphilosophy.net/. Many, many different thoughts to peruse so enjoy yourself. I don't know why you insist in thinking we "rushed into fanatical religion." I have studied religion for quite a while and have not rushed into it. Contrary to what you seem to think, I was introduced to philosophy many years ago in college. I wasn't impressed then and definitely not now.

My comments to you have been to refute your comments about religion. You have a tendency to try to disparage religion and, from your comments, you don't seem to have a very good foundation in it. That is fine but, if you want to make wild statements, expect a comeback. If you criticize religion, study to learn about it before starting in your diatribe.

Anything that fosters fanaticism is evil.

If Christians hated people of other or no religions they wouldn't go to other places all over the world to spread the Gospel, often at great expense and sacrifice. Our missionaries and their families leave their hometowns, sometimes their home nations, quit their jobs, leave behind extended family members, travel great distances, live in dangerous locations, sometimes risking their safety and health, are on very tight budgets, and have to learn new languages and cultures. They often stay on the field until they die or retire. They do all that for people that they love though they aren't loved in return by them. They just want to tell them about Jesus and His love for them, and establish local churches which will eventually be led by indigenous pastors.

If Christians hated people of other beliefs they wouldn't establish hospitals, soup kitchens, jail ministries, summer camps and other charities for them.

Quote Originally Posted by HKS View Post
    . . .
    If religion is wicked, why do you participate in it?

I do not think it is religion itself that is the problem but is people using their religious beliefs, or their anti religious beliefs, as a vehicle to push the simple human desire to conquer others and make them think, behave, and believe, the same way the one doing the arguing thinks, behaves, believes.

And it is that desire to conquer the other side that fuels the never ending arguments between those who assert that their religion is the greatest thing ever and those who say religion is a horrible thing.

This has been going on for thousands of years and no doubt will continue for thousands more with neither side winning over the other.
    Character is doing the right thing when nobody's looking. There are too many people who think that the only thing that's right is to get by, and the only thing that's wrong is to get caught. - J. C. Watts

Quote Originally Posted by Reba View Post
    If religion is wicked, why do you participate in it?
    I try to be an ameliorating factor within Religion therefore I participate and practice in it.

Besides I have found that Catholics in general are not fanatical (OldGrunt perhaps presently excepted).

Quote Originally Posted by Reba View Post
    If Christians hated people of other or no religions they wouldn't go to other places all over the world to spread the Gospel, often at great expense and sacrifice. Our missionaries and their families leave their hometowns, sometimes their home nations, quit their jobs, leave behind extended family members, travel great distances, live in dangerous locations, sometimes risking their safety and health, are on very tight budgets, and have to learn new languages and cultures. They often stay on the field until they die or retire. They do all that for people that they love though they aren't loved in return by them. They just want to tell them about Jesus and His love for them, and establish local churches which will eventually be led by indigenous pastors.

If Christians hated people of other beliefs they wouldn't establish hospitals, soup kitchens, jail ministries, summer camps and other charities for them.
    It’s Love That Constrains Us To Be Truthful And Inform People Of "The Errors of Their Ways" And Tell People That They Are Lost And Headed For Hell If They Don’t Know Jesus Christ, Not Hate. Hate Says Nothing.
    ~ God Hates Religion ~
    But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach to you a gospel contrary to the one we preached to you, let him be accursed.

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    It’s Love That Constrains Us To Be Truthful And Inform People Of "The Errors of Their Ways" And Tell People That They Are Lost And Headed For Hell If They Don’t Know Jesus Christ, Not Hate. Hate Says Nothing.
    How do you spell narcissistic hypocrite ?!

Page 23 of 33 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast