ISRAEL Is God's Prophetic Timepiece...it's 11:59 - Page 24
Page 24 of 33 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: ISRAEL Is God's Prophetic Timepiece...it's 11:59

In Catholicism the biggest and most foolish fanaticism is when people claim to see the Virgin Mary in their cheese sandwich or some such other oddball thing.

I tell them, "hey brother/sister, that's just your cheese sandwich; it's NOT the Virgin Mary; if it were the Virgin Mary she would appear to you in the flesh and talk to you face to face like God spoke with Moses or like Jesus spoke to St. Paul on the road to Damascus."

Quote Originally Posted by HKS View Post
    I try to be an ameliorating factor within Religion therefore I participate and practice in it.

Besides I have found that Catholics in general are not fanatical (OldGrunt perhaps presently excepted).
    HKS: You say that you participate in, and practice, religion. That is fine and commendable if you actually do. I would encourage everyone to do so. My question is, what religion do you practice and participate in? You have professed to being a Catholic but, from your comments, you don't seem to really espouse Catholicism. The things you have said have seemed quite contrary to the religion and Christianity in general. To ameliorate anything, you first must identify something as bad. Then you attempt to make it better. So I take it that you are saying religion is bad and you have taken the task upon yourself to make it better. Which religion in particular? All religions?

Bikenut may have hit on your problem in trying to "conquer" those who dispute with you. If you are trying to conquer me, I'll make it easy for you. Don't make disparaging comments against religion and I will not make comments in return. That way we can both live in peace and harmony. Also, the Bible says "But avoid foolish and ignorant disputes knowing that they generate strife. And a servant of the Lord must not quarrel but be gentle to all,able to teach, patient." II Tim. 2: 23-24. I think we are guilty of that so it seems to be time to go to another subject.

Quote Originally Posted by HKS View Post
    In Catholicism the biggest and most foolish fanaticism is when people claim to see the Virgin Mary in their cheese sandwich or some such other oddball thing.

I tell them, "hey brother/sister, that's just your cheese sandwich; it's NOT the Virgin Mary; if it were the Virgin Mary she would appear to you in the flesh and talk to you face to face like God spoke with Moses or like Jesus spoke to St. Paul on the road to Damascus."
    Now that I can agree with. We are making progress!

Quote Originally Posted by Oldgrunt View Post
    HKS: You say that you participate in, and practice, religion. That is fine and commendable if you actually do. I would encourage everyone to do so. My question is, what religion do you practice and participate in? You have professed to being a Catholic but, from your comments, you don't seem to really espouse Catholicism. The things you have said have seemed quite contrary to the religion and Christianity in general. To ameliorate anything, you first must identify something as bad. Then you attempt to make it better. So I take it that you are saying religion is bad and you have taken the task upon yourself to make it better. Which religion in particular? All religions?

Bikenut may have hit on your problem in trying to "conquer" those who dispute with you. If you are trying to conquer me, I'll make it easy for you. Don't make disparaging comments against religion and I will not make comments in return. That way we can both live in peace and harmony. Also, the Bible says "But avoid foolish and ignorant disputes knowing that they generate strife. And a servant of the Lord must not quarrel but be gentle to all,able to teach, patient." II Tim. 2: 23-24. I think we are guilty of that so it seems to be time to go to another subject.
    Yes, I go to Catholic Mass, OG.

~ God Hates Religion ~
    But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach to you a gospel contrary to the one we preached to you, let him be accursed.

The Palestinians are a gadfly to the Israelis even as ISIS and Al Qaeda are a gadfly to the USA.

They are not the end of the world.

They are not even newsworthy.

~ God Hates Religion ~
    But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach to you a gospel contrary to the one we preached to you, let him be accursed.

Assad had no choice.

With the USA supporting his rebel opposition, Assad was forced to appeal to Russia (and rightly so) for countermeasures.

And as usual whenever Russia does something they do a thorough job of it.

It is NOT a "power play".

It is simply Putin negating the foolishness of a BHO policy.

I know you hate BHO so call it what it is.

Jeeze !!

Quote Originally Posted by Reba View Post
    If Christians hated people of other or no religions they wouldn't go to other places all over the world to spread the Gospel, often at great expense and sacrifice. Our missionaries and their families leave their hometowns, sometimes their home nations, quit their jobs, leave behind extended family members, travel great distances, live in dangerous locations, sometimes risking their safety and health, are on very tight budgets, and have to learn new languages and cultures. They often stay on the field until they die or retire. They do all that for people that they love though they aren't loved in return by them. They just want to tell them about Jesus and His love for them, and establish local churches which will eventually be led by indigenous pastors.

If Christians hated people of other beliefs they wouldn't establish hospitals, soup kitchens, jail ministries, summer camps and other charities for them.
    Methods of recruitment. Missions come with a price, even in this country where the "mission" feeds the homeless, but only if the "listen" to the propaganda before eating.

Christian missionaries make no secret of the fact that they use medical services, education, and employment opportunities to lure impoverished indigenous populations throughout the world into conversion to Christianity.

It is an agenda, while different than muslim agenda, are for the same purpose, recruitment to increase the ranks. The muslims are at least honest enough to call their efforts "recruitment"

Insanity, for the side with the most people hating the other side are still loosers, lost to the hate and ignorance of fairy tales.
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

Quote Originally Posted by XD40scinNC View Post
    Methods of recruitment. Missions come with a price, even in this country where the "mission" feeds the homeless, but only if the "listen" to the propaganda before eating.
    The good news isn't propaganda. There's nothing false or misleading presented in the Gospel.

Christian missionaries make no secret of the fact that they use medical services, education, and employment opportunities to lure impoverished indigenous populations throughout the world into conversion to Christianity.
    I can't speak for the missionaries of all religions but the ones our church supports don't "lure" anyone into conversion. Only the Holy Spirit can convict a heart for Jesus. Christians can only present the Gospel and live the example of Jesus and His love.

Also, not all mission fields are in impoverished, underdeveloped areas. Many of our missionaries serve in fields where the material standard of life is higher than their's. They have nothing material to offer those people, much less "lure" them.

It is an agenda, while different than muslim agenda, are for the same purpose, recruitment to increase the ranks. The muslims are at least honest enough to call their efforts "recruitment"
    How do you define recruitment?

Our missionaries want to see souls saved and discipled, and to help the nationals establish their own local churches and leadership. That adds to the number of people in God's family, yes.

Insanity, for the side with the most people hating the other side are still loosers, lost to the hate and ignorance of fairy tales.
    Where's the hate in this: "Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself."

Page 24 of 33 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast