2016 Presidential Debate - Page 6
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: 2016 Presidential Debate

Quote Originally Posted by Stengun View Post
    Howdy,

Apparently you don't realize the difference either.

MilPro was just following my comments on the two mercenaries that were killed at the CIA compound.

They were NOT civilian contractors, they were mercs, plain and simple.

I've worked as both and there is a difference.

Paul
    Please explain the difference and why there were mercs and not civilian contractors.

Howdy,

Quote Originally Posted by opsspec1991 View Post
    It's a well known fact that the government departments can move money from one area to another to take of problems, it happens all the time.
    Now answer my question about the lost $6 billion Hillary can't account for at the State Dept.
    Once again your post shows your total lack of knowledge on how Our Government operates.

Yesterday was the last day of the fiscal year and money has been very tight due to our budget.

Money can NOT be move as you have stated and EVERY penny has to be accounted for.

To state that Hillary lost $6,000,000,000.00 is impossible and is a lie.

Pretty simple.

Since I am a Federal Government employee with two GI credit cards ( 3 if you count the GSA credit car that's for my Gov't vehicle ) I'm pretty sure I know more about how the Gov't spends money and the budget than anyone else on the thread.

Paul

Howdy,

Once again your post shows your total lack of knowledge on how Our Government operates.

Yesterday was the last day of the fiscal year and money has been very tight due to our budget.

Money can NOT be move as you have stated and EVERY penny has to be accounted for.

To state that Hillary lost $6,000,000,000.00 is impossible and is a lie.

Pretty simple.

Since I am a Federal Government employee with two GI credit cards ( 3 if you count the GSA credit car that's for my Gov't vehicle ) I'm pretty sure I know more about how the Gov't spends money and the budget than anyone else on the thread.

Paul
    Well, yes and no. Money can and does move within individual government departments, but not across departments. Departments regularly move millions of Dollars around, especially when the money is tight and all wheels need to be kept moving, in emergency situations, or when the President institutes another unfunded mandate by executive order. Moving, i.e., reallocating, $6,000,000,000.00 though is impossible without Congressional and OMB approval.

Opsspec1991 knows close to zero about anything. However, just because you claim to be a Federal Government employee doesn't mean you "know more about how the Gov't spends money and the budget than anyone else on the thread".

Howdy OG,

Quote Originally Posted by Oldgrunt View Post
    Sten: In your posts, you seem to elude to your vast knowledge and military acumen while demeaning others for merely stating what has already been posted in the papers and on TV. You also write as if you know the thoughts of Ambassador Stevens and are also fully aware of his intentions and why he did go to Benghazi. Your budget analogy doesn't hold water and further indicates that you do not know that the Ambassador requested additional help on several occasions but was ignored. It has also been learned that the military COULD HAVE made it there in time to help the besieged people. Further, when the commanding general over there ordered his troops to prepare for a rescue mission, contrary to orders from DC, he was immediately relieved of duty by his deputy. An admiral was also relieved of duty because he also was going to participate in the effort. Tell me, with your vast military knowledge, who was able to relieve a general and flag officer in that manner? Also, since they, as the military leaders there at the time, felt that they could accomplish the rescue mission, why were they not allowed to do so? Could it have been for political reasons? Could it have been because the US was providing weapons to those who would, in return, furnish them to those we were fighting elsewhere at the same time?

From the Washington Times:

“(The) basic principle is that you don’t deploy forces into harm’s way without knowing what’s going on; without having some real-time information about what’s taking place,” Panetta told Pentagon reporters. “And as a result of not having that kind of information, the commander who was on the ground in that area, Gen. Ham, Gen. Dempsey and I felt very strongly that we could not put forces at risk in that situation.”

The information I heard today was that General Ham as head of Africom received the same e-mails the White House received requesting help/support as the attack was taking place. General Ham immediately had a rapid response unit ready and communicated to the Pentagon that he had a unit ready.

General Ham then received the order to stand down. His response was to screw it, he was going to help anyhow. Within 30 seconds to a minute after making the move to respond, his second in command apprehended General Ham and told him that he was now relieved of his command.

From Truth or Fiction, 11 February 2012
    Admiral Charles M. Gaouette

According to this report, yesterday (27 October) Obama ordered the immediate removal of Rear Admiral Charles M. Gaouette from his command of the powerful Carrier Strike Group Three (CSG-3) currently located in the Middle East .

CSG-3 is one of five US Navy carrier strike groups currently assigned to the US Pacific Fleet. US Navy carrier strike groups are employed in a variety of roles, which involve gaining and maintaining sea control and projecting power ashore, as well as projecting naval airpower ashore.

The aircraft carrier USS John C. Stennis (CVN-74) is the strike group’s current flagship, and as of 2012, other units assigned to Carrier Strike Group Three include Carrier Air Wing Nine; the guided-missile cruisers USS Mobile Bay (CG-53) and USS Antietam (CG-54); and the ships of Destroyer Squadron 21, the guided-missile destroyers USS Wayne E. Meyer (DDG-108), USS Dewey (DDG-105), USS Kidd (DDG-100), and USS Milius (DDG-69).

US news reports on Obama’s unprecedented firing of a powerful US Navy Commander during wartime state that Admiral Gaouette’s removal was for “allegations of inappropriate leadership judgment” that arose during the strike group’s deployment to the Middle East .

This GRU report, however, states that Admiral Gaouette’s firing by President Obama was due to this strike force commander disobeying orders when he ordered his forces on 11 September to “assist and provide intelligence for” American military forces ordered into action by US Army General Carter Ham, who was then the commander of the United States Africa Command (AFRICOM), against terrorist forces attacking the American Consulate in Benghazi, Libya.

General Ham had been in command of the initial 2011 US-NATO military intervention in Libya who, like Admiral Gaouette, was fired by Obama. And as we can, in part, read from US military insider accounts of this growing internal conflict between the White House and US Military leaders:

“The information I heard today was that General [Carter] Ham as head of Africom received the same e-mails the White House received requesting help/support as the attack was taking place. General Ham immediately had a rapid response unit ready and communicated to the Pentagon that he had a unit ready.

General Ham then received the order to stand down. His response was to screw it, he was going to help anyhow. Within 30 seconds to a minute after making the move to respond, his second in command apprehended General Ham and told him that he was now relieved of his command.”
    Nice post.

None of it was true or factual but it still was a nice post.

Paul
    I'm so Liberal that I work at the Bill and Hillary Clinton Regional Airport!

Quote Originally Posted by bofh View Post
    Well, yes and no. Money can and does move within individual government departments, but not across departments. Departments regularly move millions of Dollars around, especially when the money is tight and all wheels need to be kept moving, in emergency situations, or when the President institutes another unfunded mandate by executive order. Moving, i.e., reallocating, $6,000,000,000.00 though is impossible without Congressional and OMB approval.

Opsspec1991 knows close to zero about anything. However, just because you claim to be a Federal Government employee doesn't mean you "know more about how the Gov't spends money and the budget than anyone else on the thread".
    It wasn't about reallocating, $6,000,000,000.00, it was disclosed that the State Dept. couldn't account for where it went. It's been in the news for a long time.
    The only easy day was yesterday
    Dedicated to my brother in law who died
    doing what he loved being a Navy SEAL

Howdy,

Quote Originally Posted by bofh View Post
    Please explain the difference and why there were mercs and not civilian contractors.
    Easy...........

Last week I attended a 3 day class that was taught by a civilian contractor. He wore dress slacks and shirts, stood in front of the class and explained certain areas of federal law and regulations, changes that had already gone into effect and changes that were going into effect 10-1-2016.

He was NOT a Fed Gov't employee, but was a civilian contractor. His opening statement to us was:

"Hi. My name is 'John Smith', I am a civilian contractor........."

When I was a contractor for the Federal Gov't and I carried a weapon, usually either a suppressed MP-5 or a Remington 40-XB-R .300 Win Mag from the custom shop, I was a mercenary. Nowadays they are called PMC which means Para ( or Private ) Military Contractor. Back in the "Day" we didn't have a tacticool name so we just went by merc.

Paul
    I'm so Liberal that I work at the Bill and Hillary Clinton Regional Airport!

Howdy,

Easy...........

Last week I attended a 3 day class that was taught by a civilian contractor. He wore dress slacks and shirts, stood in front of the class and explained certain areas of federal law and regulations, changes that had already gone into effect and changes that were going into effect 10-1-2016.

He was NOT a Fed Gov't employee, but was a civilian contractor. His opening statement to us was:

"Hi. My name is 'John Smith', I am a civilian contractor........."

When I was a contractor for the Federal Gov't and I carried a weapon, usually either a suppressed MP-5 or a Remington 40-XB-R .300 Win Mag from the custom shop, I was a mercenary. Nowadays they are called PMC which means Para ( or Private ) Military Contractor. Back in the "Day" we didn't have a tacticool name so we just went by merc.

Paul
    So, are you saying that clothing, weapons, and self-identification are what makes one either a contractor or a mercenary?

Quote Originally Posted by Reba View Post
    So, are you saying that clothing, weapons, and self-identification are what makes one either a contractor or a mercenary?
    He hasn't posted what the difference is, probably because he doesn't know it. He also didn't answer my question on why he thinks the armed civilians that died at the Benghazi CIA compound were mercenaries and not civilian contractors. I will wait for his answer to your question before I respond any further.

Howdy OG,

Nice post.

None of it was true or factual but it still was a nice post.

Paul
    Sten: I see you still argue with signposts but that is OK. Denial will not change facts, no matter how hard you try.

Since Stengun has been banned again (hopefully forever) maybe we won't have to read his BS for awhile or forever. Thank God.
    The only easy day was yesterday
    Dedicated to my brother in law who died
    doing what he loved being a Navy SEAL

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast