2016 Presidential Debate
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 Presidential Debate

2016 Presidential Debate

This sums it up.2016 Presidential Debate-14463162_613443755507948_5555275419544685068_n.png

2016 Presidential Debate-114t.jpg
    The only easy day was yesterday
    Dedicated to my brother in law who died
    doing what he loved being a Navy SEAL

The blame lies entirely in Lester Holt's lap. But, what did you expect from a Liberal News Hack. We learned nothing new in last nights "debates". Same old campaign lines from both candidates. The highlight of the evening was we learned that Hillary could go 90 minutes without a coughing fit or a urine bag change. But that was about it. Lester Holt interrupted Trump about 14 times, Clinton none, tried to fact check Trump several times and Clinton none. What does that tell you.
    Hope the next two Presidential Debates will be better. And do we really need a VP debate? They are just going to state campaign policy and talking points. If you think you are going to hear Pence or Kaine say if their party candidate dies or has to leave office, they will do things different and this is how I will do it, you are smoking too much "Medical" Marijuana.

Quote Originally Posted by opsspec1991 View Post
    2016 Presidential Debate-114t.jpg
    That's funny, as I recall it Mr. Holt specifically asked Mr. Trump about Cybersecurity. That is about as big a door to walk through about her e-mail as you can get. He could have nailed her with something to the effect of, how can a woman who violated security regulations to have her own personal e-mail server be trusted to secure America's computer infrastructure and it's secrets. Instead, I believe this was his answer.

"As far as the cyber, I agree to parts of what Secretary Clinton said. We should be better than anybody else, and perhaps we're not. I don't think anybody knows it was Russia that broke into the DNC. She's saying Russia, Russia, Russia, but I don't -- maybe it was. I mean, it could be Russia, but it could also be China. It could also be lots of other people. It also could be somebody sitting on their bed that weighs 400 pounds, OK?

You don't know who broke in to DNC.

But what did we learn with DNC? We learned that Bernie Sanders was taken advantage of by your people, by Debbie Wasserman Schultz. Look what happened to her. But Bernie Sanders was taken advantage of. That's what we learned.

Now, whether that was Russia, whether that was China, whether it was another country, we don't know, because the truth is, under President Obama we've lost control of things that we used to have control over.

We came in with the internet, we came up with the internet, and I think Secretary Clinton and myself would agree very much, when you look at what [the Islamic State] is doing with the internet, they're beating us at our own game. ISIS.

So we have to get very, very tough on cyber and cyber warfare. It is -- it is a huge problem. I have a son. He's 10 years old. He has computers. He is so good with these computers, it's unbelievable. The security aspect of cyber is very, very tough. And maybe it's hardly doable.

But I will say, we are not doing the job we should be doing. But that's true throughout our whole governmental society. We have so many things that we have to do better, Lester, and certainly cyber is one of them.

It isn't the fault of Lester Holt (a registered republican) that Trump was unprepared and flubbed the opportunity. But just for the record let's summarize Trump's word salad to see what it actually contained. 1. A defense of Russia (by a Republican candidate for President, I'm sure Reagan is turning over in his grave.) 2. A random insult blaming China, or fat 40 y/o SWM's living in their basements. (Mind you this was the prime moment to throw in her personal server instead) 3. Misrepresenting Hillary's character as colluding with the DNC to undermine Bernie even though the DNC e-mails in question are all dated well after the Primary results were determined. 4. Blaming Obama for giving up ICANN, which has little to nothing to do with Cyber Warfare capability, and is not Hillary's doing in the first place. 5. Conflating ISIS propaganda with Cyber Security (Hint, the 2 have nothing to do with each other Propaganda has been deemed PsyOps for at least the last 100 years.) 6. His 10 year old son Barron has computers (This one was my personal favorite) are we hearing the beginnings about Trump's plans to make his son the head of America's Cyber Warfare program if he's elected?

In summation, Trump's solution to Cyber Security is "Everything is broken and only Trump can fix it!" Face it, Trump is a choke artist....maybe he shouldn't be in the job of running for President, he clearly doesn't have the temperament for the office.

The fact that Holt is registered as a Republican does not prevent him from being a Liberal Progressive. There are plenty of RINO"s running around Network TV. Has he ever once said he is going to vote for Trump, I think not.

Quote Originally Posted by SR9 View Post
    The fact that Holt is registered as a Republican does not prevent him from being a Liberal Progressive. There are plenty of RINO"s running around Network TV. Has he ever once said he is going to vote for Trump, I think not.
    The fact that Lester Holt hasn't discussed his voting preference wouldn't have anything to do with the fact that as a journalist, his professional ethics might prevent him from displaying any partiality? Nope, that wouldn't have any bearing on his not endorsing Trump. I would say he did an excellent job of playing moderator last night.

Quote Originally Posted by SR9 View Post
    The blame lies entirely in Lester Holt's lap. But, what did you expect from a Liberal News Hack. We learned nothing new in last nights "debates". Same old campaign lines from both candidates. The highlight of the evening was we learned that Hillary could go 90 minutes without a coughing fit or a urine bag change. But that was about it. Lester Holt interrupted Trump about 14 times, Clinton none, tried to fact check Trump several times and Clinton none. What does that tell you.
    Hope the next two Presidential Debates will be better. And do we really need a VP debate? They are just going to state campaign policy and talking points. If you think you are going to hear Pence or Kaine say if their party candidate dies or has to leave office, they will do things different and this is how I will do it, you are smoking too much "Medical" Marijuana.
    I would say, that just like Trump, the blame seems to lie with anyone other than the man behind the podium, at least as far as his fan boys are concerned.
    Lester Holt fact checked him because his lies were so blatantly obvious...I mean he did in fact support it, any 5 year old can do a 2 second Google search and hear the man in his own voice saying so to Howard Stern. You want to talk about interruptions and talking over someone, how about Mr. Trump by my count he interrupted or talked over someone last night 51 times...and quite frankly, it's the moderater's job to keep things on track....which Holt did rather nicely, if it takes talking over someone to do that, well it's his job.

I'm looking forward to the next 2 debates....assuming Trump doesn't chicken out because he's afraid of answering real questions and being challenged instead of listening to the yes men on Fox Noise. This morning he was blaming a crappy mic on his debate performance...even though the real problem was obvious.

Think about this, what’s a more important question, whether Trump said one of the Miss Universe ladies had gotten fat or if national security secrets had been allowed to be on a unsecured E-mail server. That question about the girl had no reason to be asked by Holt, period.

2016 Presidential Debate-114u.jpg

Just borrowed it from Bush

2016 Presidential Debate-bushmic.gif
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast